Rude people

Options

Replies

• stylishgirl
    stylishgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    someone like that has such a horrible evil life that they lash out at everyone just to try to make others as miserable as they are. i know its impossible to not let things bug you (I'm super sensitive about things), but really you have to know that this person is just plain mean and evil and its no true reflection on you at all.

it doesn't matter that you weren't eating, hell even on a calorie restriction diet you can eat donuts occasionally. even if you were holding a box of a dozen donuts, shirt covered in powdered sugar, smoking, AND talking with a whole donut shoved in your mouth it wouldn't be justification for her to stare or say something as mean as that.

just enjoy your life, be happy with your family and remember all the good things about your life. Including taking the time to dedicate part of your life to your health as you are since you are here on mfp. you are a better person.
  • jk_proonps3
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(

You should of turned round and said "I hate it when Ugly people talk to me but here i am talking to you"
  • ladybuglvr
    ladybuglvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck!! Im sorry for your experience with a mean person.. I have had thoughtless people (women even) assume that i was pregnAnt when i wasnt. It made me angry and depressed and want to cry.. But on a positive note it also made me want to try that much harder to succeed.

Try to turn it around and not dwell on the comment too much but focus on the positive and use it for extra motivation if u can.

Keep at it and good luck!!
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    people are rude just keep your head high and stay strong . : ):smile:
  • ladybuglvr
    ladybuglvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    P.s.

I love the bumper sticker i saw once that read:
    " im fat, you're ugly...i can diet"
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think I would have punched her in the insult maker.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This website (and all social networks) are full of RUDE people and people that think they are better than every one else. Add in the element of fitness, nutrition, and weight loss and you have a fire storm.

Just stand your ground and ignore anyone (or block them) that you don't like on here or anyone that is mean. You're here for you and you alone.

Learn to read.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    P.s.

I love the bumper sticker i saw once that read:
    " im fat, you're ugly...i can diet"

HAHAHAHA! Love it!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    What a horrible person! Don't let it get you down though... in fact, just feel sorry for her. She's clearly an unhappy cynical person, because no one with an ounce of human emotion would say that to someone else.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you...please know the problem is with her. She must have some mental illness to be filled with such hateful thoughts and words.
    Keep up your good work and know you are awesome at any weight!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's when I'd have given her the finger and the ol "At least I can lose weight... you can't do much to fix your ugly."

Sorry you had to start your day like that. I can only say to try and take joy in knowing that karma really *IS* an MF'er and she will eventually get it back 10-fold.
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(

That is awful! I think you should be proud of yourself for what you ordered! Screw her and know karma will get her back!

^ So true. Hang in there don't let what she said get you down. It's all her and her own personal issues. Sheesh her childhood must of been horrible.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What the hell!?!?!? If I were you I would have gotten up and bought a donut or something, and eaten it while looking her right in the eye.

YESSSSS
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I would have been hurt and angry with her, too.

But from a distance, I have to feel sorry for such a miserable witch. Really, I doubt anyone likes her at all, probably making her even meaner. Now that she is old, it'll be hard for her to develop a personality less grating than sand paper. So sad....
  • Mikesrobin
    Mikesrobin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Did the Tea scald her when you tossed it in her face?

I was thinking the same thing!! LOL
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    sorry to hear about that!
    glad that you were able to stand up for yourself
    people like that don't deserve your energy
    turn it around:)
  • KA29
    KA29 Posts: 54
    Options
    WTF?! Some people can be so rude, it is sickening. She is obviously a very unhappy person who feels the need to insult people she doesn't even know. One day she will some something like that to the wrong person, and she will surely regret it. I am sorry she said such harsh and hateful words to you, especially in front of your son, but you showed her to be the mature adult. Keep up the good work and stay positive, even with others try to get you down. Don't let them win, ever!
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    That was a really REALLY hateful thing to say. :( Wow that is BEYOND rude.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Mean person! ignore them.
  • shortandfeisty
    Options
    What an awful way to start someone's day!! I agree with Helen, tho, that is probably an indication that she is an unhappy, miserable, perhaps even bitter person. I sure hope the rest of your day goes better!!!!