Rude people

Options

Replies

• Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My response would have been, "Well, at least I can lose weight. You are stuck being an *kitten* forever."

Yeah, that, followed by 'I could poke your eyes out so you don't have to watch if that would help any (big friendly smile).'

And look at the support on here - you just posted today and already have 7 pages of support messages!
  • Courtney_0_0
    Options
    Are you in MA, by any chance? As a PA girl who lived in MA (land of ubiquitous DD's, which is why I ask) for three years, I was most astonished by how directly confrontational many folks were there*--particularly about weight (!) I cried MANY times for related confrontations--on the T, at the grocery store, etc. :(

As so many other posters have said: Rah, Rah! You went to a DD and got TEA!!! That's a huge NSV in my book!

*disclaimer--please know that I still have friends from MA and met some wonderful people there, but regions have a general character that outsiders notice when they move to said region. this was one of Boston, MA-area that was reinforced again and again for me.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(

That's not rude. That's mean-spirited and hateful.

Personally, I'd have dumped the tea on her....and then some.

Hugs....
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some people are just plain rude. iam so sorry for that persons ignorance.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This website (and all social networks) are full of RUDE people and people that think they are better than every one else. Add in the element of fitness, nutrition, and weight loss and you have a fire storm.

Just stand your ground and ignore anyone (or block them) that you don't like on here or anyone that is mean. You're here for you and you alone.

Maybe try reading the post.

LOL
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    That lady would have been eating my cup, and trying to pull my foot out of her A** in the same second. Bullys are the reason so many people kill themselves today. It has to do with everything from being overweight, underweight, and gay. It's really sad. But I would have felt better after I got done mopping the floor with her for sure.:drinker:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    This website (and all social networks) are full of RUDE people and people that think they are better than every one else. Add in the element of fitness, nutrition, and weight loss and you have a fire storm.

Just stand your ground and ignore anyone (or block them) that you don't like on here or anyone that is mean. You're here for you and you alone.

Didn't even read the OP did ya?
  • Marla64
    Options

Maybe try reading the post.

LOL
    :laugh:
  • hayliemarie427
    hayliemarie427 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WTF, that's terrible! "I really hate watching fat people eat."?! I might have ***** slapped her.
  • Marla64
    Options
    That lady would have been eating my cup, and trying to pull my foot out of her A** in the same second. Bullys are the reason so many people kill themselves today. It has to do with everything from being overweight, underweight, and gay. It's really sad. But I would have felt better after I got done mopping the floor with her for sure.:drinker:

You got that, right-- she'd have been picking herself up off the floor...
  • andrewmgrube
    Options
    She's just jelly because she can see that you made a health conscious decision and she'll have to compete with you soon for the fine men you'll be attracting. Pay no mind. :)
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would have dumped that tea over her head.

People like that disgust me. I don't have a problem with people who don't like the fact that people are overweight, since I think that "non-acceptance" helps those of us that are get healthy, but there's that, and then there's just being plain rude for no legitimate reason.

Don't worry about it, and just press on. :flowerforyou:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(
    WTF??? I suspect she has Asperger's Syndrome or some other brain affliction.

My brother has Aspergers Syndrome and he would never be that rude to anyone.
  • lyddsmom
    Options
    All I have to say is KARMA. She will get hers!
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I just want to give you a hug. That was completely horrible and I'm so very sorry you had that happen to you at all.

And then I want to high 5 you for your restraint - for sticking to your eating plan in what amounts to a sugar-crack den!

Chin up, be proud of yourself for your success! There's no crying over some idiot who doesn't deserve your attention. (easier said than done, but don't dwell, or you'll get down on yourself and you shouldn't. don't let her win.)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Neck? Snapped. By the time sheto got to the word "fat". I am sorry.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I might have said, "I can change my weight, but there is no fix for your ugly."
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I am so surprised about how ugly some people could be, I am sorry you had to hear this.
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have elaborate tattoos on my hips and butt. They are there for personal reasons known to me. Some do show when I am wearing my swimsuit. I was at the pool a few years ago and had a woman call me out by telling me I was going to hell. I told her that I had already been there and was sent back for being in her place. She was astonished and yelled "How dare you!". I told her, "how dare you. You don't even know me and have no right to make any kind of judgement". She just huffed away while I jumped in the pool and swam my laps.

As far as the rude, hateful person who made that comment, You should have told him to shut his eyes or look the other way. I am so sorry you had that happen. And how totally thoughtless to say that in front of your child.
  • dvarner1
    Options
    Face it, some people are just so insecure about themselves they have to put others down. Should have asked if she ever eats in rooms with mirrors :) Don't let people like that get to you - they have a lot more problems than you do.