Rude people

Options

Replies

• jessicaleighps
    Options
    I cannot thank all of you nearly as much as I want to!!
    I have never felt so humiliated in my entire life.... There were people in Dunkin Donuts that heard her say that to me and they all looked shocked.. I felt terrible, i just got up and left. The fact that I only bought a tea was a huge accomplishment for me and I was feeling pretty good about that...
    I don't why people act like that.. Have they no compassion? I am not a person who would say something mean to a person simply because they said something mean to me.... Although if I ever choose to... I have plenty of comebacks now. It feels really good to hear so many people encouraging me.. I'm not going to let her ruin my day...
    Did I mention, she wasn't all that thin herself???
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Appropriate response: "Well I hate hearing ignorant people open their mouths."

You may be overweight now, but all you need are the tools, the time, and the effort to do something about it. Nothing is going to fix her bad attitude. She clearly has some issues that have nothing at all to do with you to say something so rude. Your physical form does not determine your worth. Your character does. She is sorely lacking in character.

I agree 100% with this. I am so sorry that happened to you. Sending a big hug your way. (((HUGS)))
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Yes... I figured as much... she was just mad at herself for stuffing down three jelly-filled powdered doughnuts, saw that all you ordered was tea, and realized that you had the will power to make the healthier choice. She was feeling bad about herself and needed to bring you down with her.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    i always had a comeback ready and waiting for this situation - as in rude b******. 'I can loose weight but you cant change your FACE' hahah. Screw her she must be such a miserable cow to want to talk to strangers like that/.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have never felt so humiliated in my entire life.... There were people in Dunkin Donuts that heard her say that to me and they all looked shocked.. I felt terrible, i just got up and left. The fact that I only bought a tea was a huge accomplishment for me and I was feeling pretty good about that...
    I don't why people act like that.. Have they no compassion? I am not a person who would say something mean to a person simply because they said something mean to me.... Although if I ever choose to... I have plenty of comebacks now. It feels really good to hear so many people encouraging me.. I'm not going to let her ruin my day...

Some people have such terribly low self-esteem that they can only feel good about themselves by making others feel bad.

Don't hate her or be angry with her. Pity her.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    WOW. I'm so sorry.... that is SO obnioxious. Just remember, you may have weight you are working to lose, but she has an evil, cruel disposition...that is a harder thing to change...and to even try, she would have to realize how full of herself she is!

I would want to say back* I really hate to see stupid people talk and make a fool of themselves*. .... sheeshta!

Good for you with what you ordered though....use this as fuel to get you to your goals...you will hopefully never see that lady again, but I totally understand the frustration of cruel words and how they can stick with you....kids called me Jabba the Hutt in Grade school...and within the last year a grown woman, over 40 years old... who is a MOTHER, called me massive, and Shamu to my man.... and insisted I will never lose my weight, and that she should know as she is a * health professional*.... She's a physical therapist...what does THAT have to do with knowing if a person can lose weight?! And I've lost nearly 90 pounds so far... so... some people just do NOT know how to be kind, compassionate, or even keep thier snooty opinions to themselves!

Know you can, and will change what you want to about your life, but even if you stayed the exact same weight, you are already a far better person then that chic! The flubber suit can't steal that from you!!!!!!
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I'd probably go back tomorrow if I were you, just hoping she'd be there again! lol!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I am sorry no one else spoke up for you while you were there. If I heard someone say that to someone else, I'd have given her a few new things to ponder while her bruises healed.
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(

How horrific! What a horrible vile person. Although if she really has this aversion perhaps she wants to stop hanging out in Dunkin Donuts.
    I genuinely would have forfeited my tea under those circumstances and would have thrown it in her face. Don't let her comments get to you (easier said than done) but people who think they can get away with things like that really do get theirs in the end, karma will get her!!
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I am sorry no one else spoke up for you while you were there. If I heard someone say that to someone else, I'd have given her a few new things to ponder while her bruises healed.

I was thinking the same thing. Lucky for that woman, we weren't in there!
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow..I can't believe people can be that mean and insensitive. Just know it has nothing to do with you, it is all about how she feels about herself and her insecurities. She has the problem not you. Be proud of who you are and the choice you made today. All the best in your journey to be healthy!!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    My reply would be , You are just plain evil and have no self esteem.
    These types of people lash out at the innocent.
    I hope you can move on from this.
    We are here for you. :flowerforyou:
  • bigfluffyjujubird
    Options
    if i had heard her say that to you i would have said something! she clearly has some major problem as you cant go up to strangers in this day and age and say stuff like that especially as people are armed!! She must have a really terrible life to insult strangers. At least you are facing your doughnut demons unlike her! Karma will come and get her dont worry!
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would have brought my kids into the discussion, explaining to them how this is a perfect example of how *kitten* are everywhere but sometimes personal strength and discipline can be called into play to ignore them and keep living a happy life while *kitten* just keep simmering in the ****-stew they've made for themselves.

Then again, my kids are 11 and 13, we've always had extemely open communications and...I'm kinda obnoxious :p
  • vyjackson
    Options
    Wow!!!! you handled yourself very well in that situation, I can't say that I would have done the same. Some people are so unhappy in their own lives they have to put others down in order to make themselves feel good. The only thing you can do is pray for people like the lady you encountered in Dunkin Donuts.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    When i read things like this, it makes me second guess this. Is this true? I hope you receive 3000 apologies and tons of support on here. Im sorry that that lady was absolutley stupid. I really want to say something ignorant about her nasty face with that stupid look, but then we are no different than her. You are doing awesome. You are making better choices and you know it is ok to get a donut every once in a while but tea is the better choice. Don't deprive yourself because of an uneducated idiot. Sorry again and im sorry i called that lady an idiot without even knowing her, but, hey, she put herself out there.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    This website (and all social networks) are full of RUDE people and people that think they are better than every one else.
    Very true. There was one thread this morning where the OP misspelled a word in her post, and one person kept bringing it up over and over and over, and would not let it rest! Yeesh -- rude people indeed!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That is so terrible!! How mean...

When I encounter mean people, I console myself with the fact that I only had to deal with this person once, but they are stuck with themself and their crappy attitude 24/7... I try to feel bad for them, because obviously they have a pretty awful life if that's how they get their kicks...!!
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    "I WOULD CALL YOU A C**T BUT YOU LACK THE DEPTH AND WARMTH...."

Laughed till I had tears in my eyes....gonna have to use that one sometime...
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you.