Rude people

Options

Replies

• tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? That is totally ridiculous and unacceptable. WOW, don't even worry about what that lady has to say because she obviously has a lot of issues going on herself where she feels the need to make you feel bad about yourself. I feel sorry for her.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    oh wow. I am SO sorry to read this. I cannot fathom why ANYONE thinks that is acceptable behavior. Its not. At all. She was in the wrong and I hope she thinks about what she said and how that hurts. It hurt me for you just reading it and I don't even know you. Some people.... Hugs!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That woman deserves a punch in the baby-maker.

My friend _beachgirl_ would say she deserves a kick in the taco... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(

That is awful! I think you should be proud of yourself for what you ordered! Screw her and know karma will get her back!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can't believe someone could be so cruel :( You are a much better person than I am, I would have given her an earful. Don't let her get you down, she doesn't deserve even one second of your thought process.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    What a horrible thing to say!
    People can be so cruel :( try not to let it get you down.
    I know how hard it is to ignore people's nasty comments, believe me I've had my fair share of people saying things like this to me.
    I hope you are ok x
  • SamK5269
    SamK5269 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here hun. Do not let that nasty person get you down. I know it hurts, I know what it's like to cry because of a comment like that. Do not let that person create an eating disorder (no eating in secret). Be strong, be proud that you're on your own journey. The best advice I ever got was "Be like a duck." The first time I heard it I had a very confused look on my face, not understanding how that helped so they explained. "The water doesn't soak into the feathers, it just rolls down their back. Let negativity roll off your back." I'm not sure if that's true, but it picked me up. It still does when I feel like I'm struggling. So... be a duck. Let the hostility of ignorant, cruel people roll off your back.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My response would have been, "Well, at least I can lose weight. You are stuck being an *kitten* forever."
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    My response... " I hate listening to stupid people talk."
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    gotta love asswholes, sorry that went down, but I know Karma going to come back and bite her in the *kitten*
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have such anger issues that it's probably better this happened to you instead of me, because I'm pretty sure I would have murdered her right then and there. I despise rude people and just because she has the right to 'freedom of speech' doesn't make what she had to say any less tacky, rude, disrespectful, etc. and it certainly doesn't mean she should be downright mean to complete strangers.

All that being said, try using this as a motivator for yourself. I have to admit that when I was on a plane to Hawaii this past March I was sitting next to this little twig of a girl who was texting on her phone (yes, while we're in flight, which is against the rules. Tisk tisk) and she was talking about how she was sitting next to the "fattest person she's ever seen." Clearly she lives a sheltered life because I was not even the "fattest person" on the airplane. But she was rude and hateful and overseeing those things really woke me up. I was already determined to lose weight for me, but now I have the added motivation of proving to others that I can do it. Hang in there and don't let one stupid person ruin your day and the progress that you've made so far!
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So what does she want all people who are overweight to die? Seriously, what she said is soooo dumb. If someone who was overweight didn't eat, it would cause all sorts of other health problems. There is something seriously wrong with her and she doesn't know anything about health or fitness is she said something like that. You have to eat, eating is not what makes us overweight.... It's all about the portion size.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Appropriate response: "Well I hate hearing ignorant people open their mouths."

You may be overweight now, but all you need are the tools, the time, and the effort to do something about it. Nothing is going to fix her bad attitude. She clearly has some issues that have nothing at all to do with you to say something so rude. Your physical form does not determine your worth. Your character does. She is sorely lacking in character.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That was just awful.

Should've said something along the lines of "yeah well I hate walking around only thinking some people are stupid then having someone like you prove I'm right"

On a serious note, though, like a comedian said "you can't fix stupid" and that's very true for her. You can fix your weight but unless people like that really try, she'll always be less than you simply because of her attitude and she won't get very far in life.

I'm sorry but Lord, it would've taken every once of restraint I could muster not to throw that hot tea in her face.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this made me soooo mad lol. I wish I would've been there when she said that. I would have informed her of her ignorance. She doesn't even have common sense if she lets herself think in that way. Fat people shouldn't eat..... lol, HOW DUMB IS THAT. Jeeze.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I'm not even sure what to say...I'm not sure what I would say although I probably would've reamed her a new one and then regretted it (esp if I had a kid with me) so kudos for walking away....so sorry that happened to you. :(
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I would have b*tched slapped her...

And then told her to go make me another tea....
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Appropriate response: "Well I hate hearing ignorant people open their mouths."

This, it works. Honestly you may be fat/overweight now but that can change, she will forever be an ignorant asshat.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you. My experience is that you will find rude people in all walks of life, whether it is in your personal life or your online life. The fact remains that YOU know what you did or didnt do. SHE is the one with the problem. If she has such a problem watching "fat" people eat she should learn to turn her head and shut her mouth.

Let me tell ya girl, I've had people at the pool and on the beach how I could put on a bathing suit and come out in public like that. I tell them I do it the same way you do, I step one foot in at a time and pull my bathing suit up! I take my 290 (well now 275) pounds to the pool or beach any day I feel like it and during the summer you will find me at the pool each and every day. I see the stares, I hear the whispers but I will NOT let them ruin my good time. It's their problem not mine.

Another instance I have run into is, I have very unusual blue eyes. Strangers off the street stop me and comment me on how pretty or beautiful my eyes are then some of them will leave it at that and others will say, shame you are so heavy, you would be really pretty.

So listen up rude people, I know what I look like. But I refuse to become a hermit so that you dont have to look at a fat person at the pool. I'm losing weight now for ME, not for what anyone else thinks, says, or does.

Above all, do not let her remarks stop you from returning to that restaurant for your child or even yourself. You are the winner here, not the rude woman!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Was she ugly? Because if so, I would have said "I can lose the weight, you can't fix the ugly, b***h." If you didn't have your son with you, I would have made a scene.

Don't let it get you down.