Rude people

Options

Replies

• Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    To bad you didn't know that was coming..you could have said "well, I hate having ugly people watch me eat!"

What a horrible experience...sorry you had to deal with that!

That's awesome!

Agreed!
  • Athens30
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(

People who act like that I honestly think are miserable with their own selves since there is no reason at all to go make someone feel bad (which looks like she was doing). I also feel people who act that way should becareful how they treat others since you never know if you might be in that person's shoe someday. A girl I grew up with use to pick at me for being fat (been overweight my life, only once did I get down close to a normal size) and as adults she had become fat. Yes a sick part of me was a bit joyful with that, thinking "haha", it was sweet irony.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I just got all stabby reading this! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! Who says something this terrible to another person!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i would have cringed and said something along the lines of... "oh, i shouldn't have said anything. i really hate listening to idiots speak aloud."
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Fattism - the last remaining issue it is socially permissible for people to discriminate/make rude comments about. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Don't let her derail you :smile:
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    By the way this reminds me of something that happened to me the other day and happens a lot. People who are not handicapped using handicapped parking spots.

I was at the grocery, saw an open handicapped spot and was turning to take it, when a woman whipped into it from the other side. No handicap tag or plate. I had stopped in the road when she saw my handicap placard hanging from the mirror. She said, oh I'll go move it. I told her no worries, twas OK, that her mental disability was harder to see than physical ones that I have. She stood there shell-shocked while I grabbed another parking spot and went into the store.

Haha! That's awesome! Good for you!!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    That woman deserves a punch in the baby-maker.

My friend _beachgirl_ would say she deserves a kick in the taco... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would have done that and so much more!
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    ignorant *********** i would have flipped the lid, not a nice person
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    BTW, does anyone else really hate it when some skinny b*tch puts on a fat suit for a news segment to highlight 'what fat people have to deal with'? Do you find it insulting that they think they ACTUALLY are feeling what it is like? Sorry...we were on the topic of rude people, so I figured I'd ask...

I have a friend I've know since we were 12 who is very overweight. At her highest, she was around 320 and now she's about 270. She struggles terribly, but she's this just amazing human being. I've known her so long that I guess I just don't see the weight. Plus, my mom's always been overweight, so it's not something I really notice about people. Or at least, it's a superficial thing I notice.

Anyway, since I've known this friend for so long, to me she's just HER. And she's so cool and awesome and talented and stuff. But she wrote a blog post a few weeks ago about how people who don't know her look at her because of her weight. It was just so sad. I didn't even know what to say to her because she is so much more than her physical appearance (and she IS beautiful!).

I've had a few other friends who were very overweight make comments to me about how people treat them and I just am flabbergasted by it. Imagine if we all had to wear our flaws on the outside. Just because you're thin and pretty doesn't mean you're perfect. And you may just be a nasty human being, but people don't see that until they get to know you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That woman deserves a punch in the baby-maker.

My friend _beachgirl_ would say she deserves a kick in the taco... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would have done that and so much more!

Yes... I believe that. :laugh:
  • ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do not let ignorant people bother you and do no waste good tears on a sorry excuse for a human being!! At least with you, you can do something about the weight, but her, she will always be ignorant, rude, mean and obviously miserable! People who are like that are not happy with themselves or their lives so they feel the need to lash out at people! Just press the ignore button when it comes to people like that and know that you are 100 times better than her!!! You have a heart!! Hope you have an awesome and blessed day!!
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What a horrible thing to say. Ugly on the inside makes for ugly on the outside, she must just be a miserable person!
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That was so rude and inexcuseable. I'm sorry she made you cry, some people are so insensitive and just let ugliness spew from them. I know it hurts, but try not to let people like that get to you. Tell yourself that you are an amazing person! (hugs) :flowerforyou:
  • collyllama
    Options
    OMG are you serious ? I don't even know what to say that would make you feel any better except that her words and actions say A LOT more about her than they do about you . Hang in there and keep working towards a healthier you :)

AMEN!! Ignore it and move on! You're doing something to change you're life. In the immortal words of Winston Churchill, "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." Well, I change that to.... "I may be fat, but I CAN lose weight." Honey, God don't like ugly.... just remember that.
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Man! I'm still mad about this! Just can't get over it! I REALLY wish I had've been there! She'd have been apologizing when it was all said and done!
  • Sookie_182
    Sookie_182 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    fair duce to you for not ***** slapping her because she would have totally deserved it for her horrible behaviour! :angry: don't let her get ya down! you can do this! I'd love if you bumped into her when you've reached your goal weight and go boom in your face *kitten*!! :flowerforyou:
  • ruth1996
    Options
    If she hates seeing what she calls 'fat people' eat, why was she staring anyway (even though you weren't eating)?
  • TLa818
    TLa818 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "I may be fat, but you're ugly and at least I'm doing something about it...*****" :)
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    "I WOULD CALL YOU A C**T BUT YOU LACK THE DEPTH AND WARMTH...."

^^This! I love this phrase. It fits just about any occasion!