Rude people

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    What the hell!?!?!? If I were you I would have gotten up and bought a donut or something, and eaten it while looking her right in the eye.

I agree, finish it like a beast!
    and, it's really horrible that happened to you! I can't believe somebody would say that, especially if you weren't eating anything! And if you were, and she didn't want to see it, the mature thing to do would be to look away...
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if I had witnessed this incident, I would have been compelled to involve myself in the conversation. The OP is a classy person for showing restraint. I would not have been so nice.
  • milimolimandi44
    Options
    OMG how do ppl like that live with themselves, i hope all the posts have made you feel better take care x
  • smblakely
    Options
    That's horrible. I am so sorry. There is nothing I can say to excuse her ignorance, but try not to let it get to you. Use those words to motivate you and say a prayer for her. She obviously needs it. People have no couth to them anymore. I had a young like high school age kid yell out of his car window "Big girls need love too"; all I did on the way home was cry, but it's motivated me even more.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Six pages of support from complete strangers, offsetting one sour turd out there.

There is still hope for humanity. :smile:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am sure there were more overweight people around, I would have repeated what she said very loudly and made sure every other heavy person there heard it. Then I would have starting screaming in her face until she either hit me (then I can press charges) or left out of fear and shame.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    That's not rude. That's senile. o.o Who does that?
  • kristyshears
    Options
    I cannot believe that somebody would be that nasty! I've heard that said to somebody in a restaurant before. These people that say things like that must be so self centred... If it bothers them that much maybe they should go sit in their car and eat!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    That woman deserves a punch in the baby-maker.

My friend _beachgirl_ would say she deserves a kick in the taco... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

right square in the taco!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    My response would have been, "Well, at least I can lose weight. You are stuck being an *kitten* forever."

I like this response. But I would never have said it. I would have been in tears. The woman who said this is a bully! People bully out of their own inadequacies! Sorry you ran into this, especially with your 3 year old along. You're taking charge of your life and making positive changes. What's the rude woman doing other than being a b***h?
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Seriously I would have told her to F&^$ OFF! But just think that something in her life must make her so miserable inside to say that to someone else. Misery loves company! You're the better person.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say - I'm completely dumb-founded that someone could be so ignorant.
  • Brisin87
    Options
    i wouldve told her well kill urself because people have to eat everyday maybe you should stop judging people and if she would have gotten smart i wouldve punched her
  • kbrod85
    Options
    Oh my god!! The ordasity of some people! How can someone be so blatantly rude!! Please ignore her!! I know it's easier said than done but someone like that is just a BULLY and should be ashamed of themselves!!
  • Kylea51
    Options
    Just remember ~~ and I firmly believe this~~WHAT GOES AROUND- COMES AROUND! She will get her's someday. hopelfuly she will gain 200 lbs just to know how it feels. (Is that wrong of me to hope someone GAINS weight???)
  • jperry969
    jperry969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry you had that happen to you. She is just unhappy by the way she is. I haven't been on mfp very long maybe a few months and I have gotten those same looks and comments all my life. My weight loss is so I can concieve another baby. I even had a kid tell me I shouldn't eat bc I was too fat. My aunt died bc of being anorexic (sp?) for 15 years. My uncle and her were trying to concieve for a year before she passed away. Keep your head up. People are just ignorant on what they don't know. Oh, btw I am looking for friends on here I do not have any yet and I could use the support. I hope everyone has a great day!
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Whats her name and address? We'll finish her off for you!
  • ansinclair8
    ansinclair8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I got very upset reading that. I am still upset! Who does that?!! That woman has the devil inside of her and she will reap what she sows

Same here. Some people are so unhappy with themselves that they have to put down others in order to feel good. That is my personal opinion. Just keep at your new healthy lifestyle and ignore the terrible words. You are doing something to better yourself and deserve to be congratulated. Good luck!!!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    WHAT A COMPLETE COWBAG!!!!

Thats sooo harsh =( and i understand how you feeel, i used to get comments like that alot when i was in high school! I was bullied near enough everyday because of my weight! :(
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    Jeez.... that is so awful. Remember that was nothing about you, that was about her own hateful self. Karma really is the biggest bit%@!!!