Determined December challenge : P

Options

Replies

• elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Thanks girls !!!!!!!! I need a root canal its not hurting right now so im hoping I can get it done soon 2200.00 ouch my insurance does'nt cover urgggg:grumble: Oh well !!!! Im checking on dental school oh well could be worse at least I have teeth:bigsmile:

On the good side Im under calories. Good Job DeeBear awesome . Clover good job on the goals you made. Kerry a half marathon sounds fun and wooo hooo for the WL in dec.

Well it is only 9 pm so the night is young ,its been a good day all and all. Goodnight everyone I smile everytime I get on here :happy:
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Welcome back DeeBear. Elimay, root canal, ouch. I got one of those a couple of years ago - not fun. :grumble: Kerry - half marathon - good goal. I'm thinking maybe a 5k for me. Sammy - under calories is good. It's hard to snap right back to the routine. I usually gain weight during Jan and Feb. I'm not going to gain this year. I'm going to lose instead. :bigsmile:

Check-in:
    Calories in budget - yes
    exercise - yes - step aerobics at home
    24 ozs water - yes
    1 hour housework - no
    10,000 steps - yes! I had to put on my jacket and take a few laps around our cul-de-sac last night, but I got it done.
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Feeling really pumped today. Started with my workout at 6am, before getting ready for the school run and then work. Got some walking done and did a session of the C25K. I'm only on week 2 so still mainly walking at the moment. I've eaten really healthily today and came in under cals :smile: Wish everyday could be like this, with no lapses in willpower.

Love seeing how you are all doing
    Sam x
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    Sam I love C25K! I think I'm going to start it all over again from week 1 and work all the way to half marathon. Maybe 10k, I haven't decided yet. I procrastinated with training for my last 10k and ended up injuring my knees, so I want to start from scratch! Good luck to YOU! You'll love what it does for your toosh! ;)

I used Bob Harper's kettle bell routine last night for the first time. Man oh man my legs felt like jello afterward! Today was much much easier to get out of bed (even after all the late night candy) and I got right to breakfast and a workout today. So I guess I'll line up some goals for the month!!

1. Exercise 5-6 per week
    Monday - Aerobic
    Tuesday - Pilates
    Wednesday - Kettle Bell
    Thursday - Circuit/Strength Training
    Friday - Pilates
    Saturday - Circuit/Strength
    Sunday - Free day!

2. Log calories! I think I under ate for the second half of December, but wasn't sure because I wasn't logging. I would sleep all day, get up and go to work, and come home and sleep all day again. My food is my fuel.

3. Make more meals at home. Less eating at work.

4. Non fitness goal: Pick up one extra shift a week!
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You all simply amaze me!!! I am having so much trouble getting into an exercise routine!!! I am going to get my eating under control this week, which I feel I am doing very well with and then next week BOOM, I am hitting the exercise!!! You all inspire me. However I do not want to run a marathon. I guess I am too old and was never good at running, always was too heavy. I however do walk the MS walk every year for my daughter who has MS. We walk 5 miles. So I will be getting ready for that.

Feeling really inspired by all of you. I get on this and read and feel like I can do about anything as long as I have you all on my side! I know sounds a little CRAZY but it helps me.

Everyday when I get done reading about how everybodys day has gone, I smile.

THANK YOU!!!! See you all tomorrow.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies:

So I went over on calories today....was really bad and had quite a bit of junk when I got home. Some from the stash I am taking on tomorrow's road trip for work. I have 8 hours in the car for a meeting I am just dreading so I figured junk food was needed to get through the day(rotten logic I know).

Made it through my 3rd straight day of spin class and then strength training after work. So hopefully that routine gets easier.

Looks like everyone is really jumping into the new year and making some awesome changes...Keep it up. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • elimay59
    Options
    C25k sounds interesting is it a video ? I think my goal will be a 5k but run the whole thing and work up from there, I walked my first one but I dont have aproblem walking 3 plus miles.

DeeBear I love you you are so very sweet :happy: Sammy you are doing awesome ,sounds like a good plan. Hawkeye 8 hrs in the car is crazy drive careful. Clover Im with you no gain only lose :noway:

1. Well I think im under calories I have been gone all day, I need to log
    2. water no :frown:
    3. excersize no :frown:

3 days no sugar and im checking in so its not a terrible day. Excersize tommorow :bigsmile:

Have an awesome day tommorow everyone :flowerforyou:
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning.

Check in first:
    Log calories - yes
    24 oz water - yes
    1 hour house work - no - As you can probably guess, my house is messy 8-}
    exercise - yes 30 minutes aerobics - outside - nice to get the fresh air.
    10k steps - yes It would be great if the MFP website had a place to track this.

I had not heard of C25k, and looked it up on the web last night. Interesting. I found out there is also a pooch-25k plan. I am considering that idea. I wonder if I could train my dog to run with me. Have a wonderful day!
  • sammylc
    Options
    Elimay - C25K is a programme (9 weeks I think) that in the UK stands for Couch to 5 Kilometre, I think it's the same in the US. You download podcasts to your music player and then listen to them as you walk/run. In week 1 you alternate between jogging for 1 minute and walking for 2 minutes, week 2 which I am on now is jogging for 1 and a half minutes and walking for 2. The programme then builds this up each week so that by the end of the 9 weeks you are jogging solidly with no walking and this should be for 5k. I've never been able to jog/run, not even as a teenager, so i just wanted to see if this would work for me. I don't have any particular planned run to do at the end of it. I'm not doing it outside though, mine is all walking/jogging on the spot indoors, so I don't know yet if this programme will work for me. Kerryann - looking forward to the toosh benefits!!

Deebear - you really are sweet, your posts make me smile to know that you are smiling!

Had a crazy day today, started with just a 20 minute workout but then I spent all morning walking, think I managed about 7 or 8 miles. My legs are so tired, early night for me I think.

See you tomorrow ladies x
  • kerryannk
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have an uplifting day! It's still the beginning of the month, so motivations are still pumpin' for the most part.

I like to think these first few weeks of the month lay the foundation for the rest. The month of December was very inactive for me and by the end of the month, I end up bailing out for the most part.

So here we are! New month! New foundation! May every month be a stronger foundation for the following month, making 2012 the year that we turn some bad habits around and clear our minds of the worry, allowing more time spent enjoying and appreciating the life that is happening around us.

Dee, do you normally get exercise at home or at a gym? Do you take any sort of group classes?

Hawkeye, hope your road trip goes well. Any passengers riding with you? I think the hardest part about an 8 hour car ride is an 8 hour car ride with other people. :)

Sammy. when it comes to C25K, I've learned that if you don't feel like you're ready to move on, you don't have to. I registered for a 5k to challenge myself to keep to it, got a bit lazy, and then later pushed myself too hard, resulting in a knee injury. Repeat a day, or a week if you have to, but don't hurt yourself!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    I have had rough week with my health but I am still staying positive and althoughmy workouts are lacking I have stayed on track withmy diet! I'm going to take my awesome lab for a walk in the morning and see ho w I feel! Fresh air does a body good! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and stays well! You all are great inspirations and so supportive, great ideadto expand on
    I think I will try the C25K as I have never been a runner only played sports and hated the running to warm up everyday, I struggled through it everytime.

Sure would like to also take a moment and ask for prayers for my brother and sister in law whose baby is 20weeks from being born and they discovered her organs are growing outside of her body. Miracles can happen, and any help we can get is more than appreciated.

Bless you all. NIGHT!
  • elimay59
    Options
    I am feeling sick I ate a bad combo hate when I do that goodnight I will read posts tommorow have a great saterday .
  • sammylc
    Options
    Penny - praying for a miracle for your unborn niece.

Great workout for me today and eaten all healthy things. Shall be weighing myself in the morning, keeping my fingers crossed for a loss, I've been such a good girl this week!

Short and sweet from me today, youngest daughter needs me to go make jewellery with her.

x
  • clover5
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better Elimay.

I did lousy yesterday,
    Log - yes - in budget - no
    exercise - no
    10k steps - no
    housework - no
    24 oz water - yes

Oh well. Today is a new day. All is well. Hope you all have a good Saturday!
    \
  • kerryannk
    Options
    Hello hello. So sore from workouts this week. I feel bad taking a free day, since tomorrow is my usual free day, but my legs can't take any more beating. Especially when I'm walking around for 8 hours non-stop at work. In cowboy boots. :)

Elimay, I hope you feel better soon!

Made my goal of picking up a shift this week! Not only did I swap a lunch for a dinner shift, I picked up a double shift tomorrow as well.

I'm going to Vegas with my family for my mom's 50th in a few weeks. Very excited, but need to get my ducks in a row so I'm set when i leave.

Got my Subway ready to take to work! Yesterday I said NO to cheesy potatoes and ribs at 11:30pm. And I didnt have any late night candy!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. See ya Monday!
  • elimay59
    Options
    still no time to catch up on posts, I miss everyone have a great day. I am running like crazy wont slow down till tuesday, I will steal some time before that I hope .:wink:
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, internet has been down and I feel like I was out of touch with the outside world. Crazy how dependent we are on the Internet. Looks like everyone is doing really well. Keep up the good work. I have been busy with work.
    Will talk more tomorrow.
    Keep up the GREAT Work everyone. Tomorrow starts the exercise. I am pumped for this and am plan on doing 30 minutes every day. You all have inspired me. Penny am praying for your little niece. El hope you are feeling better. Hawkeyegal we miss you. Sammy keep going. Kerryannk you are an inspiration. Clover you are right everyday is a new day for us to keep improving. I am just trying to get healthy.
  • sammylc
    Options
    Yay 2 lbs loss :happy:

My ticker only shows it as 1 lb but that's because it's comparing today's weight to when I started in September.

So pleased, I know that I have to keep up this level of activity so that the loss will carry on and I have worked hard this week, it's a good job I have you guys to keep me motivated. :smile:
  • clover5
    Options
    Good Morning all:

Log - yes - in budget - yes
    exercise - no
    10k steps - yes
    housework - yes - finally took the xmas tree down.
    24 oz water - yes

We got snow again yesterday afternoon, so I'll have to workout inside. I'm not rugged enough to go out and run in the mud and slush. Sammy - don't worry about your ticker. It doesn't reflect the whole picture anyway. Kerryannk -have fun in Vegas. Deebear, you're doing fine.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hey gang:

Tried to check in yesterday but my computer is causing me trouble....just one more thing I have to try and get fixed. Figured out that the plumbing problems have not been solved :grumble: I got creative and used a large trash can to haul the water out while I did the wash.

Survived the big travel day on Friday but I pretty much snacked my way across Iowa--thank god I am not a truck driver as I am serial travel muncher!

stayed under on my calories for the weekend....I cooked a bit and stuck some stuff up in the freezer to grab for later (nothing super healthy but it is food I like). Been getting better at grabbing those bottles of water again.

I picked up a few new strength training dvds yesterday. My plan is going to try and do cardio every morning before work and then do some strength training after work. Hopefully that combination will get me out of my rut!

Awesome job Sammy on the weight lose.
    Penny-hope that your family gets some good news on the baby-keeping you in my thoughts! Hope you can get in to the doc soon too!
    Deebear-thanks for keeping an eye on all of us--you are too good!
    Clover--keep up the good work-kind of jealous that you got snow. I have cross country skis just waiting to be put to use.
    Kerry-nice job in packing those lunches and lucky you to have a vacation to look forward to
    Elimay-hope you find some time to slow down and relax!
    Would really love to try the C25K like everyone else but I just don't think the knees could take it--guess I can live vicariously through all of you ! Keep up the great work everyone! Hope everyone has an awesome week!!