Determined December challenge : P

Options

Replies

• elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone :happy: Looks like everyone is doing well so happy good job . I wish I could help Penny but Im sure someone knows if not try community boards good job on being able to keep your cal that low wow. 12 lbs that is awesome you can do 15 :bigsmile:

Hawkeye sorry you are hurting :frown: zumba will get fun. Good job you workout like crazy :wink:

Thank you Brandi !!!!! You are doing great !!!!!!

Great Work Sammy and DeeBear I love seeing you on here .

I have logged in everyday and I Dont think I ate to many calories, but I did not workout yesterday or drink my water. Ive been gone too much should be better .
    I tryed on a skirt thinking it would not fit wooooo hooo it does YaY :bigsmile:
    I am starting the day good . I got a med for hot flashes it knocked me out last night but I feel good today :yawn:

Ok so about New years I dont want to be a party killer BUT "Please" get a designated driver . Jan 1, 1995 I got the worst phone call of my life My Dad the strongest toughest man I have ever known was broken paralysed by a drunk driver and died 8 months latter ,He was on his way for coffee that morning He had quit drinking several years earlier . There is no way I cant think about that horrible day because of when it happened. Drive safe friends :smile:

Im going to post this to my page so it will be a repeat sorry. Have a great day everyone see you tonight :bigsmile:
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Elimay, that is terrible what happened to your Dad, I'm so sorry.

Didn't manage my walk to work today as the weather was awful and I would have ended up soaked, never mind. Finished the day under cals, so pleased with that.

xxx
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just got back form the mountains this afternoon. I have not counted calories for several days, but I did get in a half day of skiing - yipee! Ready to get back into the routine.

Smoking is hard to give up. I quit many times, but now it's been almost 20 years. Keep trying.
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Terrible about your dad El. How sad is that? I never drink and drive, and I have made myself available to people I know that will be drinking to drive them home.
    Hope all are doing well.
    Went over calories today by 75, Drank all of my water, Did not exercise, logged in here.
    So I am feeling pretty good about all of this.
    AGAIN El so sorry about your dad.
    WIll talk with all of you tomorrow.
    GOOD NIGHT MY FRIENDS!!!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I am going to force myself to take a day off tomorrow (or at least cut back to just a walk or easy ride on the bike). I couldn't make it 60 minutes this morning on the elliptical I was so sore. I have a spin and strength class on Saturday which is a killer so I need to get some of my spring back. I have this irrational fear that if I take a day off, it will kick off a downhill slide-I honestly don't remember the last time I did not exercise.

Went over on calories today but I did cook-made some fish. There will be no counting calories tomorrow as it is bowl day for my Iowa Hawkeyes. I plan to drown my sorrows in junk food that I am not there this year!

Sorry to hear about your dad-Elimay.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone! :smile:

Hope everyone had a great day. I worked out really hard today and feel great. Sadly i only got two days of my karate this week and now i have to wait until Monday to do it again, but i will find something to make up for that. I thinking i am going to start doing morning at 6am zumba classes twice a week. I think i am going to try to start doing that next week. I think i am going to tempt to get an early night sleep so i can be ready for a long day tomorrow. :happy:

Have a great night everyone!

Brandi :wink:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Elimay each time you tell me something in your life I see you stronger and stronger! I for one will not drink and drive. Having 2 kids that will need a ride from point A to point B isn't fun for the sake of my drinking fun on New Years but obviously I don't wish they were driving age on a night like that!

Everyone's posts are awesome!! I LOVE the honesty!! I love that sammie wanted to walk, that Hawkeye is like me and scared to take a day off of exercise, that people go over in calories but start fresh the next day!

I am going to try this logging food thing. When I woke up this morning to the scale I wondered what the heck I've been doing! Who knows what eating/drinking may happen as of Friday night (holiday weekend) but today I did good. Totally inspired today by my mfps to log my food!!
  • elimay59
    Options
    My profile pic for the next couple days will be in memory of my dad :heart: Thank you everyone :smile: I wish it was'nt such an obvious day then I wouldnt think about it every year { My mom died in march 1988 I cant even tell you the day it comes and goes every year without a thought}.
    I didnt want to make people feel bad just to think before driving ,whether you drink or not just be careful :flowerforyou: its a scarey time to be on the road. Thats a great idea DeeBear to offer rides .

I love everyones post also, many of us have been together for 3 months of challenges and I have grown to love checking in and keeping up with everyone. We have a great group thank you everyone :love:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Goodmorning :bigsmile: I am going to HAVE COFFEE AN THEN DO MY WORKOUT . I didnt workout all week s much for it being a habbit oh well here I am ready to start fresh today . Monday llets shoot for the side leg lifts 50 for the mini , I didnt do the last one sorry. see you all tonight have a great day .

Its also a good time to change up goals for the new year :wink:
  • sammylc
    Options
    Had a really lovely day with my family today, we went shopping in the sales and had lunch at Frankie and Benny's. Not sure how many cals I had so had to make a bit of a guess for my diary. Had started my day with a cardio workout and ended my day with 400 abdominal crunches - think this is my new record, must have been feeling guilty about the big lunch.

Look forward to seeing in the New Year with all of you lovely people.

Sam x
  • elimay59
    Options
    Awwwww Sammy you are so sweet :smile: good job wow thats alot of crunches :noway: glad you had a good day with family those are the best days :happy:

I just did 40 mins excersize and ate a very healthy meal yay. I guess I wasnt doing as bad as I thought ,I was down 1.5 today woooo hoooo.

Have a great ay everyone see you tonight :bigsmile:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Awwwww Sammy you are so sweet :smile: good job wow thats alot of crunches :noway: glad you had a good day with family those are the best days :happy:

I just did 40 mins excersize and ate a very healthy meal yay. I guess I wasnt doing as bad as I thought ,I was down 1.5 today woooo hoooo.

Have a great ay everyone see you tonight :bigsmile:
  • isabella2064
    Options
    Hi,

Is it a bit late to join this and make it a January thing?

Thanks
  • DeeBear
    Options
    Hey all. WOW SAMMY you are doing fabulously. I need to start doing crunches. I noticed today how I do not have a defining waist anymore. You guys are such an inspiration to me. I did really well for lunch had soup and a salad.
    I have got to get on the stick for exercise. Just have not been that motivated to move lately. Dang it.
    I did drink all of my water however and logged in today.
    Guess I will get ready for the new year and new me. I just want to get off this 40 pounds once and for all.
    Have had a GREAT time with our son, who will fly out on Wednesday morning.
    Hope we can all stay together for 2012. You guys are all so AWESOME and even though my weight loss journey has not been going well I feel a real connection with all of you.
    Good Night my friends!!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody.

I woke with a huge heachache, and so didn't get much done today. I finally got back on the scale this afternoon - up 2 pounds since before the holiday. I expected that. But now it's time to return to my routines. Tomorrow I will make sure to log calories and exercise.

Sammy - Wow! 400 crunches?! You're amazing!

Hawkeye - It will be good to take it easy for a day on the workouts. Listen to your body. You'll know what to do.
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

It's the end of the month! I only lost 5 pounds this month that i know of just because i don't have a scale at my house and can only weigh myself at karate. I may have lost more. But 5 is a good start for me!

Today i am hoping to go ice skating. Haven't done it in a while but really want to and am excited for it.

Anyone going out to celebrate tonight? If you are please think before you do anything! Don't drink and drive and don't get in a car with anyone who has been drinking. I'm having a party at my house, a pool party and i already told everyone who is coming that there will not be any alcohol at the party. Anyway, everyone be safe tonight!

Everyone have a great day and a great safe night!

Brandi :wink:
  • sammylc
    Options
    Great day so far for me. Worked out this morning and eaten healthy so far, might indulge in a few treats tonight :wink:

Bought myself some new shape up trainers which I've just been for a walk in, wow they made me walk so fast that i got a stitch.

Happy New Year to you all

Sam x
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

Well I took it easy yesterday-only went out for a walk. Spent time on the bike trainer this morning for my work out.

I have been over on calories for the past 2 days. My folks have been here to watch the bowl game and they are not the most helpful in making healthy choices-lots and lots of junk food. Plus I eat way to large of portions. I will work on getting things back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe new years celebration!
  • DeeBear
    Options
    Happy New Year You All! Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve!
    Did not eat real healthy today but stayed under calories because my daughter and I went to the mall for three hours and shopped. WOW! Enjoyed it very much.
    Going to try and get healthier in the new year. If I say I want to lose weight I am setting myself up for failure. So I am going to try and get healthier.
    Saw a really funny post on Facebook that I am going to share

"Dear God, for 2012 I am going to ask for a FAT bank account and a thin body. Please do not get them mixed up like last year."

Just thought was quite humorous.

ANYWHO, take care and see you all tomorrow!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
  • elimay59
    Options
    Good morning girls :bigsmile: I am in a hurry so I will check back latter. Have a great day :flowerforyou: