What's in your crockpot right now?

Options
dargytaylor
dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
Country style ribs (i put in frozen)
1 Can Crushed tomato (28oz)
6 cloves of garlic (skin peeled, rough chopped, sauted for 1 min in olive oil)

Ribs will fall right off of the bone and it will be super yummy served over whole wheat pasta!

Easy and CHEAP! (appx $7.00 will make 6 servings; less than a buck a serving!!)

Not sure of the calorie content, maybe appx. 350 - 400 per serving

Replies

• 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    lamb madras curry

1kg lamb, tin of tomatoes, madras paste, onion, thats all, its a bung it in and leave for 6 hours recepie.
    Foolproof! Lol

I don't know the calories because its for husband and kids. I'm having a 'light' day today.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Currently empty. :huh: But earlier in the week I also had country style ribs with sauerkraut. Very yummy, also low in calories. the kraut is hardly anything at all....
    Enjoy!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Italian Beef getting ready for Italian Beef Sandwiches for dinner tonight
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    double post... sorry
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Beef & Beer caserole, later ill put it in a caserole dish, plop my dumplings on top and pop in the oven! Hmmmmm Dumplings!!!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've got to be te snarky pants and say:
    Dust and fabric softener fumes. Its been on the shelf over my washer for a couple years now. I do vow to bring it out after the holidays and actually cook something healthy in it. That's one of my goals for the new year---cook even more healthy foods in even more ways!
    Btw, the boneless ribs sound fantastic! I may have to dust off the crockpot this weekend and try them. The lamb curry sounds good too!
  • Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs, canned of chopped tomatoes, bunch of veg and some white wine. Yum!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Dust
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    I have bonless/skinless chicken breast with chicken broth. We will be having it with wild rice, peas and corn for supper:happy:
  • dargytaylor
    Options
    they all sound delish........

dust? :laugh: that was a funny answer!! (from both :) )
  • dargytaylor
    Options
    Beef & Beer caserole, later ill put it in a caserole dish, plop my dumplings on top and pop in the oven! Hmmmmm Dumplings!!!

please share! i have never even thought to 'start' dinner in the crock and then finish in the oven! genius!! (especially the dumpling part!!) :smile:
  • clairabell2024
    Options

please share! i have never even thought to 'start' dinner in the crock and then finish in the oven! genius!! (especially the dumpling part!!) :smile:

Litterally just browned off my beef in a pan, then bung caserole veg, the beef, what ever herbs and spices you like, oxo cube made to stock and some beer into the crockpot.

I left it on low for 5 hours or so. transferred it to a caserole dish (doesnt need a lid) mix your dumplings (all i use is SE Flour, water & herbs) place the dumpling balls on top of your beef caserole and put it in the oven for 25 mins, until the dumplings have some colour and i like the them to crisp up on the top!

Very simple, im rubbish at cooking and even i manage this one! lol

Even had compliments from the BF, and he never likes what i make!

xx
  • clairabell2024
    Options

Litterally just browned off my beef in a pan, then bung caserole veg, the beef, what ever herbs and spices you like, oxo cube made to stock and some beer into the crockpot.

I left it on low for 5 hours or so. transferred it to a caserole dish (doesnt need a lid) mix your dumplings (all i use is SE Flour, water & herbs) place the dumpling balls on top of your beef caserole and put it in the oven for 25 mins, until the dumplings have some colour and i like the them to crisp up on the top!

Very simple, im rubbish at cooking and even i manage this one! lol

Even had compliments from the BF, and he never likes what i make!

xx

Self raising flour sorry!
  • dargytaylor
    Options
    sounds great clarabell!! will be trying next week.............
  • sorilue
    sorilue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Easy potato soup recipe that I got off this site.

I large bag of shredded hash browns
    1 pkg. white country gravy mix
    2 cans chicken broth

I added a little salt and pepper, you could add some onion if you like. Set crock pot on low for 8 hours. Serve with a little shredded cheese, sour cream and bacon bits. So easy and my family loves it!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I made fajitas in mine last night. Much healthier as no rying involved and they were delicious, my husband even preferred them. We make lots of stews and pot roasts, we probably use it 5-6 times a week during autumn and winter.
  • mommymegz
    mommymegz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made bone in ribeye steaks simmering all day in cream of mushroom soup and skim milk!!!! It was AMAZING and fell right off the bone!
  • aguilarrumiko
    aguilarrumiko Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options
    I have bonless/skinless chicken breast with chicken broth. We will be having it with wild rice, peas and corn for supper:happy:

This sounds DELICIOUS!!! Mark my words, this will be the next thing I make in my crockpot. How long do you let yours cook for?
  • amilynnM
    amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pork roast, onions and bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches tonight. Delicious! Not low cal :(

And beef stew later this week. I love my crockpot!