Options

Replies

• bcraig26
    bcraig26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili.
  • Espichick11
    Options
    I'm brewing up my Crockpot Chai Tea tonight.

8 black tea bags, paper tags removed
    8 cups water
    Fresh ginger, approximately 1.5 inch piece, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
    5 cinnamon sticks
    16 whole cloves
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup sugar (I eliminate this and sweeten with Stevia when I drink it)

Put all ingredients in slow cooker, and brew on high for 2 hours. Strain mixture and discard solids. Add milk just before serving in equal portions (a.k.a. 1 cup milk to 1 cup chai tea). Can be served hot or cold. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
  • Espichick11
    Options
    I'm brewing up my Crockpot Chai Tea tonight.

8 black tea bags, paper tags removed
    8 cups water
    Fresh ginger, approximately 1.5 inch piece, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
    5 cinnamon sticks
    16 whole cloves
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup sugar (I eliminate this and sweeten with Stevia when I drink it)

Put all ingredients in slow cooker, and brew on high for 2 hours. Strain mixture and discard solids. Add milk just before serving in equal portions (a.k.a. 1 cup milk to 1 cup chai tea). Can be served hot or cold. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
    This sounds awesome I bet your house smells fantastic! I love chai but homemade?! I must attempt it! :) Thanks!
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump. I haven't gotten the courage yet to leave the thing on while I go to work. The only thing I use it for is a velveeta, ground beef and chili dip....not at all healthy. Need some healthy and tasty ideas. =)
  • Smashleymae10
    Options
    I made a chicken and bean burrito mix in the crockpot the other day.

The recipe is in a Better Homes and Garden: Comfort Food on a Diet cookbook. I don't remember the recipe exactly...

I used,

3 chicken breast (whole, you will shred)
    2 can of light kidney beans
    1 can rotel
    1 red pepper (sliced)
    1 yellow pepper (sliced)
    1 green pepper (sliced)
    1 onion (sliced)
    1 can diced tomotoes (drained)
    2 tsp ground Cumin
    2 tsp chili powder
    1 garlic clove (I just used about 2 tsp work of minced garlic)
    salt

I threw everything in the crock for about 6 hours. I kind of stirred everything together with the spices and stuff, but leave the chicken on the bottom. You can slice all the peppers and onion up the night before to save some time. Also, I don't think I put the whole onion or all each pepper in, I put in about half of each. It's really how ever you like it. Once the chicken is fully cooked, take that out and shredd it. Mix it in with the rest of the stuff and I let it sit there a a little longer, but you don't have to. Then just throw it on a tortilla shell and enjoy!!!

In the cookbook it says it's like 330 calories each. It just depends on how how full you make the shells. It is GREAT as leftovers too!!
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All the ingredients from a yummy Oxygen magazine recipe!

Navy beans
    Sweet potatoes
    Onions
    Garlic
    Green roasted chilis
    A bunch of spices
    Chicken broth
    Boneless, skinless chicken breast
    At the end, fresh chopped kale

If you want the recipe just message me!
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Northern white beans
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options

> http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/crock-pot-chicken-enchilada-soup.html

This is so good! I adjust a few things, but, pretty darn yummy and low cals. great comfort food.
    Love crockpots!
  • seashelchick711
    Options
    If you like this one, you should deff try Skinny Taste Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili...its amazing!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    BBQ pulled pork! Throw 2lbs of tenderloin (trimmed) plus a bottle of BBQ sauce (I used Jack Daniel's Original #7) and let it cook on high for 5 hours, then shred. The tenderloin just falls apart. DELICIOUS.

Probably not the best thing in the world for you, (Recipe is showing 221cal, 25g fat, 2 carb 25g protein, 735 sodium, and that' just for the pork. Depending on how you eat it (on a roll, with cornbread, etc) it gets worse lol) but man-oh-man is it good.
  • Kmm5062
    Kmm5062 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili =-)
  • missyfog
    Options
    Pork Chops trimmed of all fat with 3/4 of a cup Heinze reduced sugar, low carb ketchup, 1/2 jar Polaner Blackberry sugarfree preserves, salt, pepper and an onion...smells heavenly! Going to shred it when done and put over mashed cauliflower yummy.
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Venison Chili. Approximately 3 WW points per serving!!! :)
  • francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kksn
    kksn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump! :smile:
  • garn1232
    Options
    Get chicken breasts add some mango salsa from costco and make a killer salad. Cook the chicken with the salsa. YUMMY!!
  • shoulderpads87
    Options
    I love my crockpot!

In the past few days I've done a beef stew, sweet and sour chicken, pork chops with onions and tonight we're having sweet potato and chicken casserole. The last one is a new recipe so I'm really excited about trying it!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Whole chicken.....1 onion, salt and pepper in cavity and Italian season sprinkled on top. Cook on low 7.5 hours. My son calls it Yummy Chicken!!! Will serve with mashed potatoes and corn.

In a couple of weeks will make BBQ Ribs with 2-3 onions sliced in there with a bottle of BBQ sauce dumped on top.

Also like Chicken Lime Tacos in there.

Need to figure out how to make my veggie chili in there instead of on the stove.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Whole leg of New Zealand lamb
    1 glass of red wine
    14 cloves of garlic
    cumin
    lemon juice
    pepper
    olive oil
    cooking on low for 10hrs

To be served on a bed of baby greens and sprinkled with homemade lemon infused low fat feta