What's in your crockpot right now?

Options

Replies

• TheNakedHouseWife
    Options
    worms.

My crock put is currently sitting upside down on the side lawn.

=/
  • andreacord
    Options
    Nothing .. I don't own one :(
  • madi35
    madi35 Posts: 24
    Options
    Bump.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Can't live without my crockpot - I use it several times a week. Just the other day I made a chicken stroganoff.

1 lb chicken breasts - boneless/skinless
    1 can fat-free cream mushroom soup
    1 16 oz container lite reduce-fat sour cream
    1 packet dry onion soup mix

Stir soups & sour cream together, pour into crock pot then submerge chicken into it. Cook on low 6-8 hours and serve over noodles or rice. My family eats the rice but personally I skip to cut down on calories. Its good enough to eat by itself with a green veggie on the side. Easy & yummy - my kids love!

this is also good to make with a chuck roast.....super yummy!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Turkey carcus and root veggies/garlic/herbs/water lemon/orange to make broth for cooking.
  • bittersweetj127
    Options
    "skinny chicken wings"

4-5 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (140 calories per 4 oz serving)
    1 bottle of Franks WING sauce (ZERO CAL, some sodium though so be mindful)
    1 packet hidden valley ranch powder (80 calories for the whole pack)

crock pot on high for 4-6 hours

pull apart with forks prior to serving

can be eaten on a bed of greens or with whole grain tortilla
    serve with celery :D
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Pork Carnitaaaaaasssssss! So super easy!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Can't live without my crockpot - I use it several times a week. Just the other day I made a chicken stroganoff.

1 lb chicken breasts - boneless/skinless
    1 can fat-free cream mushroom soup
    1 16 oz container lite reduce-fat sour cream
    1 packet dry onion soup mix

Stir soups & sour cream together, pour into crock pot then submerge chicken into it. Cook on low 6-8 hours and serve over noodles or rice. My family eats the rice but personally I skip to cut down on calories. Its good enough to eat by itself with a green veggie on the side. Easy & yummy - my kids love!

I also make this...delicious, but I wish I could find a way to lower the sodium. The dry onion soup mix is killer!

CrockpotChickenStroganoff.jpg
  • LifeofJen
    LifeofJen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's funny that I should see this today because I hadn't had it out in a while and just this morning I put a roast in for dinner tonight:

5 Lb. Beef Shoulder Roast
    Rub with salt, pepper and garlic
    place in the crockpot
    add celery, carrots and onions
    top with this mixture: 1/2 cup white wine, light or fat free sour cream, 3 tbls of flour
    Put on low for 6-7 hours
    Serve with steamed green beans or a salad or both!
    YUM!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Last thing I made was bbq pork which was 120calories per 4oz of meat and the bbq sauce cals and an onion. I'm going to estimate that it was around 200calories for that then we had homemade mashed potatoes and carrots. Entire meal was maybe 450calories at MAX. Was a yummy dinner.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be making the crock pot salsa chicken tomorrow. I'm having company for dinner and this will be a nice and easy thing to make yet so yummy! My friend is bringing guacamole and chips to go with it. I will have to discipline myself around those!
  • busymomsports
    Options
    bump
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Homemade greek yogurt.
    Had it thicken overnight and now all I have to do is some straining.
    I do that about 1-2 a week and I never have to buy any plain yogurt.
  • MissMay87
    Options
    Water and dish soap, I made a roast beef in my crock pot yesterday so now the crockpot is soaking in the sink:happy:

Mine is in the sink as well! Except I made pot roast earlier this week.

I think I saw someone mention pork BBQ?! I will have to try that...
  • FenTwinsMama
    Options
    Black beans. I cook them in the crock pot all day and then I portion them out and freeze them for soups and chili later. MUCH better and cheaper than canned beans and I control the sodium. :D
  • slb_71
    slb_71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    White bean chicken chili - 2 cans of navy beans, one can white corn, one can chicken broth, one can cream chicken soup, one envelope low sodium taco seasoning, one small can green chilis all poured on top of 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
    optional to add 1/2 lite sour cream to soup once done cooking. With sour cream it is 302 calories per serving (8 servings)

Going to serve with skinny jalepeno poppers - 6 to 8 jalepenos halved and seeded. Mix 3 wedges of laughing cow cheese, shake or 2 of parmesan cheese, shake of garlic powder, tsp or so of bacon bits. Spoon into wedges. Bake at 400 for 15 mins til cheese is bubbly and pepper bottoms blacken!
  • francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Swiss Steak - Round steak (thawed just enough I could cut it into peiaces), package of swiss steak seasoning ( the kind that comes with the bag to bake it in), can of diced tomatoes and a small jar of beef gravy. Even with the gravy it is at 377 cals per serving. I serve over brown rice or no yolk noodles. Great for a cold winter night!
  • juliehorbus
    juliehorbus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast chopped, tin of coconut milk, 1 onion chopped, 3 carrots chopped, 2 sweet potatoes peeled & chopped, 1 tbs ginger, 3tbs curry powder. Yummy yummy!!
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Creamy chicken taco soup! Receipe in on this board somewhere!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week it was a week's worth of Barley & Lentil soup. This coming Sunday it will probably be next week's worth of Southwestern Chicken & White Bean soup.