air
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Currently Air, but later this week I am thinking maybe some chicken soup or tomato pork-chops. I haven't decided yet.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    lamb madras curry

1kg lamb, tin of tomatoes, madras paste, onion, thats all, its a bung it in and leave for 6 hours recepie.
    Foolproof! Lol

I don't know the calories because its for husband and kids. I'm having a 'light' day today.

What is madras paste? This sound yummy.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Currently? My blender. Tiny kitchen + cooking ahead on Sundays makes for using any and all receptacles for storage during the week.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Nothing today but yesterday I made chicken chili with half a bag of black beans i soaked overnight, 3 chicken thighs i got on sale, a jar of salsa, 1 cup chicken broth and then some spices: chili powder, cayanne and cumin.

it was good! I did add a smidge of shredded cheese and sour cream as a topper in my bowl
  • flelderlaw
    Options
    Easy chicken catchtore (sp!) Skinned Chicken parts ( whatever) ,jar of pasta sauce (your favorite) 1/2 cup red wine. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Serve over ww pasta, serve with bagged salad. You can also add can of sliced black olives and jar of mushrooms to the sauce. Dessert: Balsamic Strawberries ( don't knock it til u tried it) Slice fresh strawberries in flat bottomed bowl, sprinkle with sugar ( lightly) Let sit on counter while preparing dinner. Just before serving,stir in about a teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar to sugared strawberries. Serve in small bowls.
  • Last night I had 6 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 16oz jar of salsa (i used an organic salsa) and 1 packet of taco seasoning. I had them in there on low for 4 hours and then shredded the chicken. I let it sit for another 30 minutes in there to absorb juices. My friends ate it with tortilla shells, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and plain greek yogurt. I ate mine over the lettuce with all the fixin's! :) DELICIOUS! :) Thank you pinterest!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Nothing! But tomorrow there will turkey meatballs from the skinnytaste website. Soooo yummy!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Creamy chicken taco soup! Receipe in on this board somewhere!

That was in my crockpot on Monday.......one of my faves and sadly it's all gone now :(
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ham, potatoes and green beans =)
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    nothing....but yesterday it had a pork roast.....pulled it apart and added BBQ sauce and put on a hamburger bun.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Currently only air... but this weekend it will have

1 can of Corn
    1 can of Black Beans
    1 can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
    1 package Ranch - Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix (Dry Powder)
    1 onion - diced
    1 tsp Chili powder
    2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (roughly 12 oz)
    1 package Cream Cheese

The recipe for this is simple. Put all in the crockpot with the cream chese on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours... then enjoy. :)

I'll have to look through this thread for more recipe ideas. :bigsmile:
  • thaphatdiva
    thaphatdiva Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm actually trying a recipefrom taste of home's light slow cooker recipe book.

Slow-Cooked Pork Loin
    1 boneless pork loin roast (3.5-4lbs)
    1 Tbsp canola oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 celery rib, cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 envelope brown gravy mix
    1 cup water
    1 cup unsweetened apple juice
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tsp seasoned salt
    1/2 tsp pepper

Cut roast in half. In large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery until tender, add to slow cooker.

In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water. Stir in he remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Serve with roast.

Nutrition facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup juices equals 204 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26g protein.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Swiss Casserole Chicken:

One pound of boneless skinless chicken in a sprayed crockpot. Covered with 6 slices of 2% swiss cheese (the kind I use is 50 calories per slice), one can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (the kind I use is 70 calories per half cup), two cups of dry stuffing mix, and drizzled with one cup of melted butter (I use Country Crock light-50 calories per tablespoon). Cook on low for 6-7 hours. You can leave the chicken as is or mix it up all together when it's done and shred the chicken, which is what I do. One sixth of the pot is 370 calories. :)

Easy and yummy!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Air.
    I rarely use mine. I should, but I am a terrible pre-planner.
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have some ground turkey. Trying to think what to do with it. I want to put it in the crock pot though....
    Any thoughts?
  • 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A household favorite: Chickpea Curry

4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
    1 onion, rough chopped
    1 sweet pepper, chopped into 1" pieces
    1 head of cauliflower, broken or chopped into bite-size florets
    1-15 oz can of corn kernels, drained
    1-15 oz can of chickpeas, undrained
    1-15 oz can of fire roasted crushed tomatoes
    1 T cumin
    2 T curry powder
    red pepper flakes to taste (I used about 1/2 t)
    salt & pepper to taste

Stir, cover, cook on low for 6 hours.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The remnants of turkey chili from the weekend. Before that it was chicken & dumplings. It was a cooking weekend.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have some ground turkey. Trying to think what to do with it. I want to put it in the crock pot though....
    Any thoughts?

Turkey Chili would be good! Easy too... just brown the meat first, add some canned beans, tomatoes, corn, onions, etc, etc...