Gym princesses?

Options

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Who gives a **** what other girls decide to do at the gym? Their make up is clogging their pores, not yours. If they want to run on the treadmill in a prom dress more power to them. What they do has no affect on my choice to run on the treadmill in work out clothes.

They could also be covering up nasty zits with the makeup.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I could care less about girls with full makeup and hoochie mama's outfit at the gym. What bothers me are people who go to the gym to socialize, chit chat all day and take space on a machine I want to use. Oh wait, worst is actually when they try to talk to me and get me into their conversation.

One time I had to tell my friend off. She would go to the gym with me and never sweat. The fact that she doesn't sweat doesn't bother me because at least she is trying. But then she complained about how annoying and creepy the guys are for staring at her. I told her "If you don't want guys to look at you that way then don't wear your hot pink short shorts to the gym."

Just put in your ear buds.

Look the other way or stare at the TV.

Pretend you don't speak their language.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking someone needs to focus more on their hardcore workout rather than worry about people that aren't you. :drinker:

^^This!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    They don't bother me as these tyypes never wander into the free weight side. If any woman is in there, she's there to pound weights like the rest of us (respect). If she's hot, fit and sweaty, I have do my best non-creep mode because that's damn hard not to notice.

I don't do the machines for cardio anyway. I hole myself up in one of the unused aroebics rooms, blast the rap on the speakers and jumprope my butt off for 30 minutes.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i'm talking about girls who look like this
    stills.jpg&w=573&h=1302&ei=xAzMTu_ZJYOBhQfyypjEDQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=363&sig=110644024024432854536&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=63&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=36&ty=90

I don't care about their make up.... it's just that their lack of respect for the gym (hogging up space that others need!) and the way they stare at people who look like they've been sweating tons/red faced.
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If they wanna be gym princesses who cares just focus on your excerise...cause the more attention they get the more it will light fuel to the fire..

and I wear earrings and makeup to gym if im coming from work

and I like cute workout outfits.
    so im now a gym princess?? please.
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    I've never understood this. I sweat like a monster at the gym and that's the point isn't it? I don't apprieciate the looks I get from the gym rats but other than that I mind my own business. I want to know, honestly, why do some girls only wear sports bras in the gym??? If there's a good reason, please let me know! But I mean really...yeah you have nice abs, but we don't need them to be shoved in our faces. :grumble:

I don't understand this either. It's your bra! You wouldn't go the grocery store wearing just a regular bra and no top. What's almost worse, is that there are some girls at my office that wear t-shirt with big, open collars and a neon sports bra underneath on casual Fridays. So you can see their bra. No one ever says anything. It's still your bra!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm glad some of us live in a very small town all you have to do is pay your bills everyone else will take care of your business......
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't mind. They are like the televisions that are at the gym. Gives me something to look at while I work out.

yep I have to admit I check 'em out too...wondering if my *kitten* could ever fit into those lululemon pants. I have to admit that when I'm working out, and someone in a $500 work out outfit comes onto the elypticall next to me and in a really snotty tone says "um, excuse me" (insert wrinkled nose)..."like, how do you turn this thing on?" that drives me nuts...don't sit there and judge me in my sweaty XL joggers when you don't have a damn clue what's going on.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    irony is they don't even look good..... then when i'm on the elliptical at 20 they keep staring at me coz I'm going so much slower than them (cause I have max resistance on *kitten*) while they are like lalala cycle in my no resistance elliptical! lol

This is for you!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Is this impeding your workout somehow?

If it is, it shouldn't. Kind of like when I'm in school, I'm too focused on studying to pay attention what's going on around me.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I don't care about their make up.... it's just that their lack of respect for the gym (hogging up space that others need!) and the way they stare at people who look like they've been sweating tons/red faced.

^^ Word
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    I've gotta say I've yet to see anyone like that at my gym. Well except for me! LOL. Seriously though I only wear makeup because I go in the evening after work and dinner. I take off all the jewelry (even my wedding ring) and slap the hair in a ponytail! I need to make a habit of taking the 5 minutes to clean my face before I go as I do sweat like you! I'd just ignore them and focus on your own workout.

OH and BTW, my husband does tell me I'm a princess!

I pack some make-up removing wipes in my gym bag. Takes no time to remove the makeup before you sweat it off. I am not sure if it is true, but I just feel like sweating with makeup on is bad for your pores.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Maybe it's the wrong gym for you. All of the hoochie dressed gals at my gym work their *kitten* off. All shapes, sizes, ages, dressed to the 9s. Here where I live the older hoochie girls (30s, 40s) are typically married or single Moms.

They do not deny who they are.

Two issues here: those that do not actually workout (rare at my gym because for $57/month who is going to waste their $$$)

The 2nd issue is those that dress all sexy.

Remember the song "Too sexy for my shirt. Too sexy it hurts"

Why don't you try to pickup one of those girls for a date...maybe they swing both ways. ;)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    stills.jpg&w=573&h=1302&ei=xAzMTu_ZJYOBhQfyypjEDQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=363&sig=110644024024432854536&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=63&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=36&ty=90

If you didn't care about their makeup and what they're wearing you wouldn't have started off with "Gym Princesses" and a rant about how they have caked on makeup and dress like *kitten* and stare at you.

Frankly, I find your judgmental attitude about these women sad and telling.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

They pay to use the gym same as you, right? I guess you feel more entitled because you're 'hardcore'?
  • Onesnap
    Options
    If they wanna be gym princesses who cares just focus on your excerise...cause the more attention they get the more it will light fuel to the fire..

and I wear earrings and makeup to gym if im coming from work

and I like cute workout outfits.
    so im now a gym princess?? please.

WORD.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm glad some of us live in a very small town all you have to do is pay your bills everyone else will take care of your business......

:laugh:
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Same with the fat dudes that sit on the weight machines. I'm not talking about sitting & resting between sets. I never saw them actually using the machines... just sitting... and always on the machine I wanted :grumble:
    LMAO... I watched a guy do this last week. I was using the stair machine (escolator to nowhere) and he was on the abdominal crunch machine directly in front of me. In the 30 minutes I was there, he did 3 sets of 10 with 10 lbs of resistance and only moved his shoulder forward about 6 inches. People kept walking up and waiting, then would walk away when the were tired of waiting. He would just sit there looking at the TV on the wall. After my shower and while walking out he door, I noticed that he was still sitting there.

Hijack Over... We now return to the regularly scheduled discussion.
  • Onesnap
    Options

They pay to use the gym same as you, right? I guess you feel more entitled because you're 'hardcore'?

Well said.

I'm going to high-five the hot hoochie ladies at my gym tonight. Love the fact that they feel hot no matter their size, shape, age. They are probably more fun in bed anyway...most are married as I stated earlier. So they are not looking for a date, btw.