Gym princesses?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I find these girls to be a bit of a joke as well, but like someone else said, as long as they aren't choking me out with perfume, to each his own, I guess!

I don't think the gym is a bad place to meet people though. The older you get, the harder it can be to meet good people, and at least someone in the gym probably cares about their appearance a little more... I have a single friend who complains all the time how she doesn't like bars, and I keep telling her to join a gym, because I talk to cute nice guys all the time there, and I'm married!.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    ...You're not there to find a boyfriend, you're there to get a body to GET a boyfriend.

:huh:

I dunno... I feel like the gym is a great place to "vet" potential boyfriends. Think about it... you get to observe their etiquette, the way they treat people and equipment, and their hygiene. These are all things I need to know before I commit!

Sure, one of many great places to meet... But I can't agree w/ the reason for going is to get a body to get a man. I can't boil down going to the gym to that *LOL*
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just because they pay their monthly dues does not make them immune to criticism. It's somewhat equivalent to being a member at a country club and showing up only to halfheartedly hack the golf ball around and slow down play. Yes, you have a right to be there and do that, but that doesn't mean it's not hella annoying.

There is also a difference between a professional woman squeezing in a workout on her lunch break and a party girl who thinks the gym is a runway, and I think we all know which one the OP is complaining about.

i just dont get why it annoys you what is it bothering you. what your saying is you are criticizing but sounds like we are in high school and you are just making fun of people on like you.

Am I not allowed to be annoyed by things? Is the OP not allowed to express her frustration? Are opinions only permissible when no one's feelings get hurt?
  • namenumber
    Options
    [

It doesn't have to be valid to be expressed. Just look at politics.

This is not a political forum.

Also, I'd really like to take the OP to my gym tonight. All of the hoochie women (working out with their kids no less). She would just pass out and not be able to handle it. HOOCHIE workout women unite!!!

It's wonderful that you support the "hoochies." Some people don't, and that's perfectly fine.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I didn't even bother reading this whole thread.

Again, who the eff cares besides you?!

The fact that someone may be labeled a "looser" (it's LOSER, BTW) just because they're at the gym and they're all "made up", is so ignorant....but you certainly don't want them to look at you and wonder anything about "sweating like a pig".. Please tell me you see the contradiction here?!
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    why I care?

cause you cannot not care about what is around you? I'm entitled to have my opinion as you have yours.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I hear it burns extra calories if you judge people while working out. The venom speeds up your metabolism.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    As long as their perfume doesn't make me gag and they are out of my way it doesn't bother me.

This. There is a lady who does that at our gym, plus she comes to Spin wearing Tevas or Crocs. She chatters the whole time, and has even had her little snack during class. Her pedals barely move. She is my motivation...to NEVER look like I'm not working at my max. Every time I catch sight of her in the mirror, I work doubly hard.

Effort is relative, and my theory is that there is someone out there kicking *kitten* who thinks I'm Teva Lady. Unacceptable...
  • writtenINthestars
    Options
    why I care?

cause you cannot not care about what is around you? I'm entitled to have my opinion as you have yours.

Indeed having an opinion is entitled, but my post was directed to several different posts on this thread...and one that pisses me off is calling these girls names or whatever. There is something that clicks in someones head out of insecurity to make them even notice or care about these "gym princesses" in the first place...IMHO :flowerforyou:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I usually quiz them with important questions like "does tea count as water"?
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've never understood this. I sweat like a monster at the gym and that's the point isn't it? I don't apprieciate the looks I get from the gym rats but other than that I mind my own business. I want to know, honestly, why do some girls only wear sports bras in the gym??? If there's a good reason, please let me know!

Omg I always think this too - what's with just wearing a sports bra and no top?! Why why?! You can't be that warm you can't possibly cope with a top!!!!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you support the "hoochies." Some people don't, and that's perfectly fine.

I support all HUMAN BEINGS

If you don't you live a shallow meager existence.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love how all the replies are directed towards me! if you have a problem with them, they agree...if you like them...then say so......

i'm being judgmental? please who isn't?
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I hear it burns extra calories if you judge people while working out. The venom speeds up your metabolism.

I think I love you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just a side thought... that princess (aka. hoochie) may be extremely insecure about going to the gym... may be very new to exercise and trying to learn the ropes. Gym etiquette, fear of being looked at, etc. can be really overwhelming to newbies and it could be eye opening to... talk to one.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I love how all the replies are directed towards me! if you have a problem with them, they agree...if you like them...then say so......

Don't be so self centered.

They are directed at the posters here that have agreed with you and your hoochie-hating ways.
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

^^^^^ agree Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves
  • namenumber
    Options

I support all HUMAN BEINGS

If you don't you live a shallow meager existence.

I support their right to be "hoochie" but that doesn't mean I have to embrace it.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I saw a girl at my gym wearing skinny jeans and stilettos the other day!!! And there's another girl who gets on the treadmill and does like 2 mph in FLIP FLOPS. If they look at me like I'm crazy for sweating I don't notice..... probably 'cause I'm there to WORK! LOL!
    That was totally me when I had a gym membership and was pregnant. My feet were swollen so I only wore flip flops and either walked the treadmill slowly or hit the bike slowly.
  • writtenINthestars
    Options

lol so it's ok if anyone's opinion after this thread is that you are severely self centered and thinks your *kitten* doesn't stink? By your posts...that is what even you believe! Excellent!