Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    To pick up guys.....

^ I really have nothing to add.
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just because they pay their monthly dues does not make them immune to criticism. It's somewhat equivalent to being a member at a country club and showing up only to halfheartedly hack the golf ball around and slow down play. Yes, you have a right to be there and do that, but that doesn't mean it's not hella annoying.

There is also a difference between a professional woman squeezing in a workout on her lunch break and a party girl who thinks the gym is a runway, and I think we all know which one the OP is complaining about.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    There is also a difference between a professional woman squeezing in a workout on her lunch break and a party girl who thinks the gym is a runway, and I think we all know which one the OP is complaining about.

And I still say it's a ridiculous complaint.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It takes all kinds of folks - I work out over lunch, so my makeup etc is intact when I start (what little I wear) and I re-fresh when leaving. I don't sweat a lot, unless it is really hot, I monitor my heart rate and times faithfully. I know sometimes folks look at me a bit weird if I still have on some of my jewelry. But hey, I been around the block enough times to not care!!!!! I am there for me and no one else.

I'm jealous of you...I would love to take time out in the middle of the day, have a nice break from work and a workout, but I am a sweaty sweaty pig and my hair can't handle twice a day blow drying.

I say, it doesn't matter what someone looks like, or how many calories they're burning, as long as they're not in my way or in my ear.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I dunno for me it is not my business, i will admit i go to the gym when i still have my makeup on from the day i still go and sweat and wipe it when i go take a shower but if i am going from work or from being out with the hubby having lunch i am not going to go home just to take my makeup off i could care less., With that being said i do still sweat BUT who cares about others. They are paying for there membership they can do it how they want. They have every right to be there too whether they are doing a workout up to your standards or not. At least they are not sitting on there *kitten* at home doing nothing.
    And not just girls do this I see guys all done up too gelled hair and such but no one complains about them. Hell I had an old guy who stopped to put his lipstick on in the middle of the workout yes i said his lipstick it was quite terrific lmao When I go I dont pay attention to others and I tend to go to the gym where I dont have all the young kids talking lol I go to the ymca so i dont have to deal with them in my way lol

i just do not get this pet peeve who cares if they are a professional worker or a club girl why do you have to judge others it makes no sense i dont want people looking at me goin gomg she is so heavy and at the gym so why is it ok to say well she dresses like she is going to the club and has makeup on. Arnt we suppose to be adults and not judge others or is it ok for some and not others lol
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather see a woman killing it on freeweights and sweating.....
  • namenumber
    Options

As ridiculous as it may be, she has just as much a right to complain about it as they do to show up at the gym and maybe/maybe not use the machines.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just because they pay their monthly dues does not make them immune to criticism. It's somewhat equivalent to being a member at a country club and showing up only to halfheartedly hack the golf ball around and slow down play. Yes, you have a right to be there and do that, but that doesn't mean it's not hella annoying.

If you think there's anything wrong with a girl being all hoochie (dress, makeup, shaking their thang) at the gym you really need to expand your horizons.

Some of the girls dressing like that are actually part of MFP for all you know, and you're hurting their feelings.

WHAT if said hoochie girl just lost 60 lbs and is showing it off? What if she was there at 7am in a spin class and is just on the treadmill later in the day?

WHAT if hoochie dressing girl is just there to get out of her house for a little bit (and catch up on some phone calls...)

So what?

We live in a free country.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

As ridiculous as it may be, she has just as much a right to complain about it as they do to show up at the gym and maybe/maybe not use the machines.
    If the OP is so into her workout then why does she even pay attention to them? Shouldn't she be focused on herself?
  • namenumber
    Options

Yes, and thankfully we are free to complain about things/people we don't like. So complain away, complainers!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Just because someone *can* complain about it, doesn't make it a valid complaint.
  • Onesnap
    Options

If the OP is so into her workout then why does she even pay attention to them? Shouldn't she be focused on herself?

That's because the OP is jealous of those women and their hoochie-dressing ways. She also might be a closet hoochie dressing gym going girl.

For all you ladies out there--make sure you dress nice and slutty tonight at the gym. Just to irritate the s**t out of people like the OP.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Yes, and thankfully we are free to complain about things/people we don't like. So complain away, complainers!

I'm going to start dressing all hoochie at my gym now. Just to mess with people that have defended this post.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I so hate girls/women like that they sit on the machines so you can't use them and chat about annoying drama and stupid relationships. I am usually pouring sweat and grunting and getting the most unusual looks even from the trainers. If I am at the gym I am going to give it my all to say the least : )!!!!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options

If you think there's anything wrong with a girl being all hoochie (dress, makeup, shaking their thang) at the gym you really need to expand your horizons.

Some of the girls dressing like that are actually part of MFP for all you know, and you're hurting their feelings.

WHAT if said hoochie girl just lost 60 lbs and is showing it off? What if she was there at 7am in a spin class and is just on the treadmill later in the day?

WHAT if hoochie dressing girl is just there to get out of her house for a little bit (and catch up on some phone calls...)

So what?

You're my hero :flowerforyou:
  • namenumber
    Options

If we could all magically ignore the people who annoy us, the world would be a much calmer place.

You can't ignore nails on a chalkboard.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options

I agree. When you're in the zone and really focused on doing something, you barely know what's going on around you unless it's really, really, really LOUD or some other radical distraction like another poster mentioned. Other than that, someone barely using an equipment? I mean you could definitely work out harder, if you notice those little things.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    As long as their perfume doesn't make me gag and they are out of my way it doesn't bother me.
  • namenumber
    Options

Just because someone *can* complain about it, doesn't make it a valid complaint.

It doesn't have to be valid to be expressed. Just look at politics.