Is anyone else NOT freaking out abt Tday?

Options

Replies

• atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to end it all. Unless you stroke out from all the sugar and fat... and if that's the case, then you were working up to it for a long time. (Actually this sounds like a pretty good way to go.)

Im looking forward to the holidays. I absolutely love being around my family. I've always been inexplicably attracted to crazy people. :)
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i'm not even going to worry about it at all.....i'm still having turkey, mashed potatoes, biscuits.....all of it....heck i might even chase the turkey with buffalo wings (just kiddding......kind of).

Thanksgiving isn't supposed to stress you out about what food you can and can't eat. It's one day, enjoy it with your family and friends. Go work out in the morning and have a great day.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    No stress here, I'll try to log everything but not worry about it. I'm making the food so I know whats going into each dish, also excited to try a few new recipes (from the 100 days of real food blog). Tday is about family and spending time together and enjoying the food.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a bunch of turkey meat, a roll or two with water, no problem.
  • Jeanetta10
    Jeanetta10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Is it totally wrong if I don't eat today so I can eat tomorrow without doing so much calorie damage?
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am running a 5K in the morning and hope that I can eat within reason! It is just one day. Get plenty of rest in the evening and work it hard on friday!!!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    The old me would have felt extremely guilty and worried, because I wouldn't be able to control myself and wouldn't make up for it in any other way.

The new me is excited for a day of eating yummy food and not worrying about it being a big deal, because I know it isn't! (The new me isn't going to have seconds of everything at every meal, either! haha)
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am not freaking out. I am not a big fan of turkey anyway and I eat the same way every year. I eat just a little of everything.
    I do, however, have pie. This is something I never do, but I am going to have it, maybe even 2 pieces and I am going to be really happy about it.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about turkey day, because the only food I really gorge on is turkey. I'm not a fan of gravy, stuffing, pumpkin pie, or other traditional thanksgiving foods. I'm happy with a spoonful of mashed potatoes and then picking on the turkey all day.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Not one single bit lol Im going to my boyfriends moms house for thanksgiving, then a shabbas dinner the following day....Tons of food, but since it will be around people I know and dont know im kinda self conscious anyways lol Then again, they havent seen me since I was 320lbs :) Now im 217...so this visit is going to be very interesting!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Not stressing out about it but I do intend to log because I think it's a good test to see how I do when I allow myself to eat what I want.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log; however, I'm not having thanksgiving dinner... I'm doing a birthday part-ay for my boyfriend. :D I might go over my limit but I don't want to allow the "I cheated, no logging" mentality.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Nope not alone at all. I know it's just one day and it isn't going to undo all my work. I'm not logging that day but will probably workout in the morning, if I have time, as the meal is at my house for 40 people so I will definitely be burning some cals cooking and cleaning :)
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I guess the only thing that I am stressing about is my "official weigh in" day is Fridays- so what I may do is "adjust" that day to tomorrow BEFORE I eat anything - :laugh: Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING DAY!!! Be safe in your travels! And enjoy!
  • justmary4cm
    Options
    I plan to go to the gym in the morning for a little cardio and weights and then a great long shower while my husband takes a sauna. We are alone this year except for my parents so we have broken with tradition and are going to a really lovely restaurant in town for a midafternoon dinner. I won't be tempted by the dessert because it is pumpkin cheesecake which I don't really like and the rest of the meal is just portion control for me...So I am looking forward to it! I have a new KNIT DRESS to wear and I will look great! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bothers me is that my appetite has shrunk so much that I won't be able to eat as much as I want!

^^^ Agree!

Not worried. I know I won't be able to eat as much as I want. And Friday will just be back to normal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why anyone is worried. If you don't want to overeat, then don't overeat. If you don't want dessert, skip it. If you want to pig out, pig out. The point of the holiday to be thankful, not to be food obsessed.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I will workout in the morning. Then I will probably be drunk in the afternoon! :laugh: Then get back in the ring on Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • krssy70
    Options
    My gym is open from 7-12, so planning on getting a good workout in before eating, and I will too eat whatever I want and not stress, but I wont over endulge myself to the point where I cant move..lol..
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am not worried, I am not freaking out, I am looking forward to it, and I am sooo sick of these posts! (not this one - just the whole general thanksgiving thing!):flowerforyou: