you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husbands aunt is a teacher and had a child in her class whose name is Orangello. So I was thinking maybe the hospital must have been serving orange jello the day this child was born.

Orangello? LOL that was from a kids cartoon in the 90's. They were twin genius' one girl named Orangello and her sister was Lemongello. LOL
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    that's why I waited to my kids were old enough to pick their name. This way they won't be saddled with one they don't like.

So far, my little Megatron and Shredder are doing just fine in life.

lol i love this <3
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    La-ah pronouced La-dash-ah

And I work in a city called Oshawa, where there are at least 3 Joshawas in my school alone.

Oh, and I once taught a kid named T.J. 'cause that's all his momma could spell.

No lie......my daughter goes to school with a girl named La-ah pronounced La-dash-ah!!!

Of course, I named my daughter Kailyn and no one can spell or pronounce it properly.....lol :laugh:
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy named Steele Barr. rofl.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    We call my cousin aEa. Dont know why lol his real names Al
  • denisel321
    Options
    There was a guy at school named Mike Hunt. Sounded exactly like "My C*nt" when the teacher called role.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A nurse I know in the baby ICU section had someone want to name her daughter "Etoh" because she saw it on her chart and it "sounded pretty"

ETOH is a medical code used to indicate that the mother was intoxicated when she came in to deliver :noway:
    i worked in te nursery too and some of those names were bad....****esia, la-ah(laDashah) etc....i always said there needed to some kind of law regarding that
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Fiances parents neighbor is named Flip...... Worked with a girl named son Tyreek
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    my parents were going to name me clementine :)
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    7 Costanza
  • newme1995
    Options
    Can't say I will be having kids any time soon but I know Jamie Oliver named his kids:

- Petal Blossom Rainbow Oliver
    - Poppy Honey Rosie Oliver
    - Buddy Bear Maurice Oliver
    - Daisy Boo Pamela Oliver

And by such an intelligent man... why?!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    that's why I waited to my kids were old enough to pick their name. This way they won't be saddled with one they don't like.

So far, my little Megatron and Shredder are doing just fine in life.

My little Spiderman should meet your kids! They'd get along great!

No, but seriously, my son's name is Jett. Some of my more traditional older family members needed to get used to it a little.

My sister had a couple friends in high school named Princess and Diamond. I would feel really special all the time if my name was Princess or Diamond!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    A girl at work wanted to name her daugher Clitora.. We talked her out of it. She really had no clue how close it came to the other word.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher named Lea Virgin (first name pronounced Lay-uh).
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hubs has a distant cousin who dated a guy named Darkchild Destroyer (no, I'm not making this up).
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My husbands aunt is a teacher and had a child in her class whose name is Orangello. So I was thinking maybe the hospital must have been serving orange jello the day this child was born.

Orangello? LOL that was from a kids cartoon in the 90's. They were twin genius' one girl named Orangello and her sister was Lemongello. LOL
    hey thats Shirley Q. Liquors chilrens names!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I new a kid named " troit " when I was growing up. I thought that was odd.

oh and the kid in the movie " Bad Santa " ...kids name was " Thurman Murman " LMAO
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

I really like Liberty (Libby for short) cute
    I considered Liberty for awhile and also Rebel. Beautiful strong, unique names!
    Instead, my three girls are Shade (like it sounds like tree shade), Carsey (car-see) and Indiana (called Indy.)

My favorite artist's three daughters are named Pilot, Penn and Poet.
    Long live the different name!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Everyone shakes their head at me, My daughter's middle name is "Romaine", not named after the lettuce, her dad and I have a friend whose name is Romaine, it is a family name and we liked it.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    :laugh: