you named your kid what???

Options
nakabi
nakabi Posts: 589 Member
Okay, so am I the only person who hears the name someone gave their child or you meet someone and they tell you their name and you wonder, what is the parent/s thinking??

case in point: a girl I went to uni with. (in the USA). her name was Abcde (pronounced ab-sa-dee). really??? I mean, come on!

anyone else hear any crazy names that just made you scratch your head in disbelief?

Replies

• aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a girl named Candy Cane.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Shanda Lear
    >.>
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    1) OMG - ex BF & his wife had a baby boy yesterday.... "Bentley"... that's a LUGGAGE Store in Canada!

2) K... my Mom was an Elementary School teacher for years... here's a couple of head-shakers from her: "Willow Frost" (F)

3) "Jermaine St Jermaine" (F)
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    La-ah pronouced La-dash-ah

And I work in a city called Oshawa, where there are at least 3 Joshawas in my school alone.

Oh, and I once taught a kid named T.J. 'cause that's all his momma could spell.
  • faith12207
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I work in the education system and one of our secretaries actually has a list of names that we have come across! For example: Flame, Chardonnay, ****head, Imunique (pronounced I'm unique), Desire, Sparkle, Princess, Sky Blue, ... there are probably at least 50 names on the list and we keep adding more!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My husbands aunt is a teacher and had a child in her class whose name is Orangello. So I was thinking maybe the hospital must have been serving orange jello the day this child was born.
  • khern10
    Options
    My old boss's husband was named **** Schrank. Swear to god.That is D-i-c-k
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I work in a clinic and see funny names all of the time!
    -La-a (pronounced Ladasha)
    -Dominickel
    -Buddyray
    -Keylawn
    -Luscious (not Loo-shis, LAshis)
    -****head (Shatheed)
    -Orangejello and Lemonjello (sibs)
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My nephew you goes to school with a girl named.....La-a....pronounced Ladasha.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

I really like Liberty (Libby for short) cute
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    ****head................pronounced Shi theed.....ya..i saw that on RWJ lol not sure if its real youtube it
  • sandrahover
    sandrahover Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pajamas (Pay ja mus)
    ****head (Sha thead)
    :laugh:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    There was some kid in New Jersey named Adolf Hitler.....another chick i know named her Kid Lilly.....the bad part was the kids middle name was Pad....I think its cool though. I mean think about it in school you had 20 jennifers and 25 Justins. Now there is Chance, Jadin, Apple, Faith,Heaven, etc. These names seem weird but I get it. They want their kid to stand out. To not have a name that everyone else has. Personally I like the older names. My daughters name is Georgia-Belle and although its not a common name others have it. Its traditional. So i can see both sides of it.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    There was some kid in New Jersey named Adolf Hitler.....another chick i know named her Kid Lilly.....the bad part was the kids middle name was Pad....I think its cool though. I mean think about it in school you had 20 jennifers and 25 Justins. Now there is Chance, Jadin, Apple, Faith,Heaven, etc. These names seem weird but I get it. They want their kid to stand out. To not have a name that everyone else has. Personally I like the older names. My daughters name is Georgia-Belle and although its not a common name others have it. Its traditional. So i can see both sides of it.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options

why
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I teach and we have a lot of princess, promises, precious, blessing....and believe me from a teacher's perspective they never live up to their names!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    A family member named her daughter Campbell Jaymes, last name not disclosed... Poor little girl, she's going to get a beating in school.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I can't believe what some people name their children....oh my goodness.

I understand finding unique names but I think most of the time the parents are just dumb.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    My Computer Science professor in college was Richard Weiner

There is a guy here at work, name is Richard Pusey.