you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    My husbands name is Achille - its pronounced Ash-eel (its french), we just call him Ash.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My name is Lenneah, pronouced Lyn-ay-uh. I actually like my name, and don't really care that no one can pronounce it.

that's actually very pretty :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My name is Lenneah, pronouced Lyn-ay-uh. I actually like my name, and don't really care that no one can pronounce it.

that's actually very pretty :)

Thanks! My parents couldn't figure out what to name me, so they let my grandmother pick....and she just took everyone's suggestions and mashed them together!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    When I was student teaching there was a set of sisters who were named...

Organejello

and

Yellojello

...Orange jello and Yellow jello...I mean I can't bark to loud because my parents named me Beau but..

uh654101283121134rs654001283089249godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg
  • rly123
    rly123 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    childhood friends... the guy's name is "Justice" and the girl's name is "Liberty"... really made me wonder why their parents named this "liberty and justice for all.." for all??? really??? lol...
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    wtf at the repeated strange names...the jellos...strong wtf..

There's a lot of native americans here, so off the top of my head, there's a Leaf, a Storm, umm...one kids named Kaos i believe...and i know theres more forest/nature sounding ones. Can't think of em tho.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school there was a listing in the phone book for Harry Ball. He soon got an unlisted number.

I try not to judge people's names, especially on a public forum. You never know, there might be someone on here who's named a child with one of these names. Or who has one of these names themselves.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    K, I was born in the 70's before weirdo names became the norm. HOWEVER, I did go to school with a Donald Duff (OMG the hilarity there) and one kid's parents actually named him Kermit. Needless to say he went by his middle name of Steve!
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My nephew you goes to school with a girl named.....La-a....pronounced Ladasha.

I have heard of this one...

and I think I worked with somebody named Sparkle at Target
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options

-Orangejello and Lemonjello (sibs)

orly?
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a Christmas. I know 2 boys named Stone and Mason....and there dad is a stone mason...how ironic?!
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to work in MotherCare... this is a conversation that I had one day when I was helping an expecting mother to for a kids car seat-

Me- "Oh so do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?"

Customer- "a boy"

Me- "oh really? Have you thought of any names yet then?"

Customer- "Yes, we have decided to call him Wolf"

WTF!?!? :noway:

I also knew of a little girl living in my town who was called Tia-Maria... while it IS a very pretty name... who wants to be named after booze? :noway:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    1) OMG - ex BF & his wife had a baby boy yesterday.... "Bentley"... that's a LUGGAGE Store in Canada!

Oh and ummmmm A VERY EXPENSIVE CAR, DUH!

I'm kinda liking Abcde b/c of the pronunciation.

A 'friend' from university named her first kid Brielle, the second one is odd too, can't remember though - will need FB to confirm and it's blocked at work.
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named Breezy. And we have a friend who married a man named Wolf.

We named our son Carlin-different, but not so different that you shouldn't be able to pronounce it.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school there was a listing in the phone book for Harry Ball. He soon got an unlisted number.

I try not to judge people's names, especially on a public forum. You never know, there might be someone on here who's named a child with one of these names. Or who has one of these names themselves.

Yeah. You never know - it might be really meaningful (personally) to them, or something they thought was really beautiful.

That said, I could almost wish the spelling of names was standardized. My niece's middle name is Mackenzie...only it's not spelled that way. I don't even know how to spell it. (I don't think her mom does either, TBH.) I've seen probably a dozen variations of that one.

OR: If you're going to spell your child's name in a unique fashion, please spell it out when you're making MD appointments or any other kind of appointment where spelling counts. And don't get defensive when you don't, and the scheduler doesn't spell it correctly.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A few I've seen

John Johnson
    Robert Roberts
    Gage Hurt
    Aspen Skye
    and a little girl named kender, meaning redneck spelled backwards
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    I know a lady named Mary Balsac..............her husbands name is Harry.

You are kidding RIGHT???? Hilarious!

Dead serious! I spit coffee when I heard it LOL
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I work with the public-we had one client that had 9 kids and they were named after "a place she plans to visit someday"

Africa
    Asia
    Rome
    Sicily
    Europe
    Cuba
    Sydney
    Paris
    London

Oh god, that lady should have taped a map of the world on her ceiling 9 kids ago then at least she could be consistent naming her kids after countries rather than intermingling in continents.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    We have a Sundae Nutter where I work. I always found that one pretty unique!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I recently worked with a Twinkle, she was Indian (the Asian kind not the native American kind) Husbands best friend called his daughter Guitar (that is a nickname she also has a full thai buddhist name but a per thai culture will for most of her life be referred to by the nickname)

Thai people give their kids kids really weird nickname, the odder the better. I know quite a few pigs (thai: moo), fatties (Oan), coca colas, bubblegums, the list is inifitate.

My son has a thai budhist name which most non thais would find odd but his name is very well received in thailand, he also has a nickname we use for day to day use, it's quite unusual for the UK but not really "out there", Sonny.