you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My brother always said he wanted to name his first boy Isabangwachochi. I have no clue. He ended up with Damon, Tommy, and Zen.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    These are not made up -

Sunday Best

Blue Brown

Richard Handle
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have a friend whose kids are Hadessa and Miriam....they're both under 3. She's pregnant again; what will she name this one =-0
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    you mean besides apple and blanket
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Worked with a guy whose last name was Booth. Married a woman named Candy (she kept her maiden name professionally).

Had a co-worker name her daughter Alize'.

The parents of Adolf Hitler, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie just had baby number four and DYFS grabbed him up before they could leave the hospital. (The older three are in foster care.)

Only have one name in mind for FutureBabyBonny, and while it is a little country, it shouldn't hurt the career chances before getting in the door.
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My daughter's best friend's name is ALIZAE...really you named your kid after alcohol :p

And Mister is one ive heard.
    & my dad's name is john hancock...that would suck in life.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a tiny, tiny, tiny town where people were sort of artsy-fartsy hippie types. We had all kinds of funny names. My being a girl named Cory was definitely one of the most "normal" names out there.

Examples: I have sisters named Echo and Ayla (I love both names btw), a friend named Jeremee (but she was a girl), and then there were people named Sunbear and Sunshine and Yael and Avi and Fox and other... unusual names.

Oh, I also have a friend who is a fiesty redhead and is a ton of fun. Her name is Meg. Her middle name starts with an A. She married a guy with the last name Watt. Her name is Meg A Watt.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and Ginger were sisters I went to school with. Cinnamon had red hair and Ginger had brown. Go figure.
    I went to high school with a Phuk Yu. (Say it out loud). Actually we prounouned it Puck, but it was spelled with the Ph.

I taught a Myster, a Precious, an Angel, a Naked'a, and a Phantom.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    So far in my life I have known:

Poppy Fields
    Blue Skye
    Sky Walker

Jedidiah, Zachariah, Orion, Forest, Hunter, and the last name Flowerman
  • petitfilou
    Options
    I have been giggling like crazy at some of these names! My sister went to school with a Colin Daniel - obviously not a weird name, but his younger sister was called Colleen Danielle. It was as if the parents ran out of inspiration after one kid! There was a Lois Lane in the same year group. Oh, and I used to teach a kid called Privilege who had a sister called Marvellous!

I get the notion of unusual names but I don't get normal names spelled weirdly. I have known a Sali, a Melani, an Emileigh, a Dyan (Diane) and an Aneeqa!
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    lol some of these have really made me laugh!!! When I named my daughter Jordan louise (almost 16 years ago!) all my older relatives were disgusted . .infact my mum and grandad refused to call her Jordan, and said they would call her Louise . . .no one can imagine her being called anything else now . . .ps yer she was named after the film cocktail!!! :wink:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I was going to be named after my aunt, Teodula. Yeah I dodged the bullet on that one.

I went to school with a precious.

I'm also a crime reporter and I have seen some strange ones including Ebn, Shimmer, Akeelies (groan) and Atreybion.
  • Frogsgohop24
    Options
    One of my high school friends named her daughter Pixie Rain! It's cute... for a disney character..... I named my daughter Raelena (ray-lee-nah) and surprisingly theres some people that cant pernounce it, but can pernounce our last name, Kamakahi (like kamakazi, but with and H...)
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    The lady at the grocery store is named Precious. My sister went to school with a Beautiful.
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    The lady at the grocery store is named Precious. My sister went to school with a Beautiful.
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have worked in health care for many years and have heard plenty of dumass names. Makes me wonder what in the world parents are thinking

Virgin Mary--born at Christmas
    Chairaia--Chair + Rail + A + Chair rail ya

The people who name their kids after cities or where the kid was conceived (tee hee--oh please!!)

The self serving made up names--Nevaeh (heaven spelled backwards)
    Reality, Victorious

Now there are the apostrophe names
    J'lil (a boy name)
    J'nora
    the younger the mother the more apostrophes

My middle grandson is in first grade. I'll bet there are 100 kids named Jayden in the first grade in every county of every state.

Odd ball spelling: Karleigh, Kar-Lee, Kym, Jennipher

It's fine to be different and we all want our children to stand out and be someone, but please could we give our kids names that can at least be pronounced?
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just thought of two more. These are true names of people I worked with. Switzerland Elks (a woman) and Hiawatha (can't remember the last name--a guy in the medical field.

So just for fun, if anyone's last name is Morris, why not name your kids Doris Deloris Morris and Horace Boris Morris?
  • mlmcquinn
    Options
    When my grandmother worked at a limestone quarry, her boss was Mr Tree. His daughters were: (I kid you not!) Willow, Oak, Elm, and Maple.

One of the drivers was named: Ted E Bear. The E did not stand for anything and Ted wasn't short for anything.

My husband's best friend named his son" Kamren Issiah Lee Rasmussen. So his monogram would be KILR.

There was a little girl in my Sunday School class whose name was Violence.

With my name being Maryann, I have spent my whole life explaining myself like this: "M"-"a"-"r"-"y" not an "i" - no space - little "a" - 2 "n:'s - no "e"
    Consequently, my kids have classic names which people can spell without asking: Lucille, Jacob, James, and Jefferson.
  • Snelllee
    Snelllee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Knew someone who named their daughter Tallulah Love Goddess (yes love goddess was her middle name)
  • aliciar3
    Options
    My friend's niece is Xyza (pronounced Z-eye-za)