you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    7 Costanza

YES.

The Beckhams' daughter's middle name is Seven. They must be Seinfeld fans.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I grew up in 29 Palms, out near Palm Springs, in the California desert. My best friend's name was Mojave. It suited her though. And I loved to read the phone book when I was a kid. Two of my all time favorites were Henry Henry (how lazy do you have to be?) and Hartley P. Badger (Sounded like a character from Winnie the Pooh). When I grew up I worked in the ICU at the local hospital, and who should be admitted, but one Hartley P. Badger! I felt like an old friend was sick!
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I like 'different' names more than the standard names.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    David David and his son David David junior were clients at my bank...
    My friend has a son named Dazzle....
    My boyfriend is named Helmut Recker... He used to play football :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

I really like Liberty (Libby for short) cute
    I considered Liberty for awhile and also Rebel. Beautiful strong, unique names!
    Instead, my three girls are Shade (like it sounds like tree shade), Carsey (car-see) and Indiana (called Indy.)

My favorite artist's three daughters are named Pilot, Penn and Poet.
    Long live the different name!

LOVE the name Rebel!!
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A family member named her daughter Campbell Jaymes, last name not disclosed... Poor little girl, she's going to get a beating in school.

i dont see whats wrong with that name...unless the last name is horrid...but Campbell Jaymes sounds very modern and actress-like.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I also think "Blanket" (MJ's kid ) is an odd name
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's Uncle is named Richard, but his nick name is ****. Not uncommon, but he had a son who was named after him, Richard Junior. For the last 35 years, the family and friends refer to them as Big **** and Little ****. It seems as though the humor of this has never even occured to them.

Edit - Wow, I didn't realize MFP had an auto-sensor, it completely ****** out the 4 letter word, which considering that it is actually someone's name & therefore not really a bad word. But, for those of you that are a little slow - it rymes with Stick.
    thats hilarious....on wordfeud it will let you spell c*unt
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a dude named Harry Sack
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My daughter names is Honesty Kay which is different but I believe is beatiful and not crazy like other names.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My nephews name is Rocky- While others think it's weird, I actually love it.
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    *kitten* - pronounced ASH-OH-LEE
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    For the love of God, why would anyone name a child anything that prompts someone to say "and how do you spell that???" - or say "um, uh... I'm not sure how to pronounce this" (when reading).

Why would a parent burden a child with that?
  • aadumas
    Options
    My daughter's are Finley Rhys and Elliot Quin. Everyone says they are boy names, but whatever. The names suit my girls perfectly : )
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have a friend named Starr Light
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Met someone named "Cash Money" (pronounced like "Monet") and another named Holly Wood. There was a boy I knew in school whose name was Russell Russ Russell... I was in 5th grade or so and knew that one was bad even then. I see lots of fun ones... Wish I could remember more!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl named Vodka

The father of a girl I went to school with was named Harry **** (rhymes with stick)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Okay, so am I the only person who hears the name someone gave their child or you meet someone and they tell you their name and you wonder, what is the parent/s thinking??

case in point: a girl I went to uni with. (in the USA). her name was Abcde (pronounced ab-sa-dee). really??? I mean, come on!

anyone else hear any crazy names that just made you scratch your head in disbelief?
    I just heard this name too, although when they said I thought it sounded like "obesity" which is terrible.
  • tilliesmom9
    Options
    I have a daughter named Cleotilde and a daughter named Johnnie. Poor kids but they are family names.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

Hey! My name is Faith too. If I would have had a daughter, she would be Veracity.

Edit: Delilah is a nick name some of my clients called me when I was a men's barber stylist in Alaska about 30 years ago.