you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• faith12207
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

I really like Liberty (Libby for short) cute
    Thanks
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Shanda Lear
    >.>

Is it weird that I dont think thats weird?

My name is Shaanda (shawn-duh kinda like honda :) )
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    and a girl names funke...and she smelled rather funky....
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i really like classic names, so there are many times where i'm like, "oh, how unique" and really mean "ewww, what's wrong with you"

i named my son david and the next boy (due march) will be alexander. classic and go anywhere in life names. i don't want my kid to go looking for a job and be like "mom, what were you thinking?"... I actually met someone recently that wants to name a boy achilles, i was like "he died. young. why? we don't live in ancient greece!"
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I teach and we have a lot of princess, promises, precious, blessing....and believe me from a teacher's perspective they never live up to their names!

lol
  • dancer4275
    Options
    my brother played soccer with a kid named ZooBear
  • faith12207
    Options
    My sisters friend named her daughter Heaven Faith..
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    nephew: Dustin Star
    nephew: Justin Stardust (not twins)
    niece: Crystal Starlight
    Great niece: Arrianna Skye (dustin's daughter)
    Great niece: Brooklynn Serenity (crystal's daughter)

My brother was on drugs when they named their kids!!! and had a thing about astrology too!!!!!!!! however, I loved them all so much and have to say that I couldn't picture them being named anything else!! (FYI~ my brother is 13 years older than me and my oldest nephew and I are only 6 years apart)

edited: Oh I almost forgot that if I had been blessed with children and had a daughter her name was going to be Neveah (heaven spelled backwords) Grace
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    My boyfriend's Uncle is named Richard, but his nick name is ****. Not uncommon, but he had a son who was named after him, Richard Junior. For the last 35 years, the family and friends refer to them as Big **** and Little ****. It seems as though the humor of this has never even occured to them.

Edit - Wow, I didn't realize MFP had an auto-sensor, it completely ****** out the 4 letter word, which considering that it is actually someone's name & therefore not really a bad word. But, for those of you that are a little slow - it rymes with Stick.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    I know a lady named Mary Balsac..............her husbands name is Harry.
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I work with the public-we had one client that had 9 kids and they were named after "a place she plans to visit someday"

Africa
    Asia
    Rome
    Sicily
    Europe
    Cuba
    Sydney
    Paris
    London
  • jbdowns35
    Options

You are kidding RIGHT???? Hilarious!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Shanda Lear
    >.>

lol
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options

You are kidding RIGHT???? Hilarious!

brains slow today!!! I just got it!!!!!! lmao :laugh:
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    i really like classic names, so there are many times where i'm like, "oh, how unique" and really mean "ewww, what's wrong with you"

i named my son david and the next boy (due march) will be alexander. classic and go anywhere in life names. i don't want my kid to go looking for a job and be like "mom, what were you thinking?"... I actually met someone recently that wants to name a boy achilles, i was like "he died. young. why? we don't live in ancient greece!"

I hear you!

My son's name is also David and my daughters name is Fiona. Fiona is a bit more unusual, but at least it doesn't sound like it's a made up name. (she's named after my sister.)
  • nakabi
    Options
    my brother played soccer with a kid named ZooBear

poor kid. that's all I can say.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    ****head................pronounced Shi theed.....ya..i saw that on RWJ lol not sure if its real youtube it

LMFAO.....I watch RWJ too....that was hilarious......
  • nakabi
    Options
    I teach and we have a lot of princess, promises, precious, blessing....and believe me from a teacher's perspective they never live up to their names!

this made me laugh
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My name is Lenneah, pronouced Lyn-ay-uh. I actually like my name, and don't really care that no one can pronounce it.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's Uncle is named Richard, but his nick name is ****. Not uncommon, but he had a son who was named after him, Richard Junior. For the last 35 years, the family and friends refer to them as Big **** and Little ****. It seems as though the humor of this has never even occured to them.

Edit - Wow, I didn't realize MFP had an auto-sensor, it completely ****** out the 4 letter word, which considering that it is actually someone's name & therefore not really a bad word. But, for those of you that are a little slow - it rymes with Stick.

Oh JB!! I :heart: U :drinker: