you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was Mary Christmas :) She was hung-up on so many times when she was placing orders.. my poor nan!

My son has a Miracle Rain in his class.. Miracle's sisters are Trinity, Serenity and Haven... lol interesting to say the least!

There's a boy in my community named Thunder, another little boy named Diamond..
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    And Landon Mike Hunt poor kid figured it out when he was 16 and was very upset wih his parents
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My sons name is Shea. Yes, he is a boy and it is pronounced "Shay" or "Shae". If I had known no one would be able to properly spell it or say it..I would have made it "Xie".

As Xie-Xie as Im sure some of you know is "thank you" in Mandarin Chinese.

After 4 miscarriages. It fit.

:-)
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    About 20 years ago I had a neighbor name her baby Eternity Sunrise....Wtf!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    had foreign neighbors growing up for awhile. i made good friends with their daughter. her name was klean shurtz. everyone called her clean shirts. yikes!!

her name klee-ann
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I've heard of a couple funny ones.. like A-a... pronounced a-dash-a, and Lettuce... pronounced la-toose. haha.

I went to school with a girl named Holly Wood lol.
    wow i went to school with a mike hunt(its true i swear)
  • uprightashley
    uprightashley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a girl named Ultra. made me think of a detergent!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    LOL!!! @ Mike Hunt! That's a bad one!
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Maximus
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    Ultra makes me think of beer...
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Jacquie - (Jackie) We call her Jax or Jaxsun.
    Jacob - His middle name is Lapeer (la-pier). It's a family name that we needed to hand down. His friends all call him Peer.
    Jonah - I love it, he hates it.
    Jericha (jair-ika). Yeah if any of you remember the Jem and the Halogram cartoon from the 80's (like barbie and the rockers). My youngest son's name is Jourdain (zure-dane).

My niece named her son Trevin.

My grand daughters are Jade and Killian (like the beer).

I even knew someone name Blue Pony.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't know but my mom wanted to name me Polly Esther....I would have died. It almost caused a divorce. She decided to name me Beth. (thank God.) anyway my ex boyfriend's last name was Silk so that would have been funny if my name would have ended up to be Polly Esther Silk.
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Who was the celebrity that named their kid Blanket?

That was dumb.

michael jackson
    Yea, Michael Jackson was a great

artist, but I just didn't understand that name.

Blanket is just a nickname, his real name is Prince Michael II. :smile:

I have actually always wished I had a unique name. Though these kids named after Jell-o... not quite the direction I was thinking!! :laugh:
    Mine is Melissa and I went to school with at least 2 or 3 other Melissa's in my class at all times. There were so many of us, we had to go by "Melissa D.", "Melissa W." etc. BORING!

Thing is, my mom's name is Treasure and I always thought that was awesome to have such a unique name. :smile: :smile:
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maximus...named after the movie Gladiator...and it was my wife's choice

Full name...Maximus Xavier Wilhellm (yes two middle names for grandfathers)
    Daughter...Alexia Alize
  • rhvandan
    Options
    Went to school with a Destiny Calls...

My oldest is Anya June-Frances.. She has two middle names. not that crazy, but when you try to give people her middle name they never fail to look up at me completely stumped.

My name is Robyn. 5 letters. I went into a Vons to get a cake for my daughter and the woman behind the counter could NOT compute "Robyn with a Y". She almost cried she was so stumped. I had to write it out for her.

I have no hope for humanity sometimes..
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a girl by the name of Misty Morning...yup. For real.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think there are some pretty cool names out there, like names from books/comics/video games, but I'd hesitate to name my kid something like that, because it'd seem selfish. Yeah, *I* like it, but he'll probably be made fun of for years. Not fun for him :(

I read a name spelled "Female", but pronounced "fuh-MAHL-yuh". Weird stuff.
    Also, another named "Spontaniouse".
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I figured since my kids are going to have to deal with their name for the rest of their lives, I would give them names people won't have to struggle to pronounce or spell. Our youngest is Erica and her dad wanted to spell it with a K. Thank God my mother in law forbid it because I wasn't up to the task.

I know a kid her name is pagan. her mom sent her to a christian school... i'm sure that went over well.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Harry Balsac

really? you had to go there LOL....

these are histerical...i guess kids grow up to either love it or hate it....My husband wanted to name our first son Candor...um no. His name is Jaden

My mom picked my middle name..TaLynn...like it is spelled "tah-lynn"
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I knew a kid named Senator. I have no idea why, lol.