you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• rarnold281
    Options
    I have known an Excellent Character (male) who got in trouble with the law and the news media had a blast with it. Knew a girl named Candy Box and another girl named America. Also, knew a man named Ditto.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My son is named Cash and I think it was a very cool choice.:bigsmile:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My mom went to high school with a Harold Bottoms....they had to call him Harry.....
    I went to school with a Crystal White...like the cleaning solution....
    And grade school with a Liberty Bell.
    And a friend of mine named Shakina named her daughter Majesty.
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm an after school coordinator for middle school. We have a set of twins. The girl's name is Ashadavadka (A shot of vodka) and the boy's name is Courvoisier (yes, the cognac, if you don't know its pronounced like Ca-va-see-Aye). Smh, they're so nice and they are adorable but damn, their mother is...a piece of work
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My son is named Cash and I think it was a very cool choice.:bigsmile:

I know someone by the name of Cash Money. for real.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    Theres a girl in my FYE class named Kutara and my daughters name is Alexi. I have to correct people all the time. its Alex with an I and the end so pronounced A(short a)- Lex-ee not alexis not alexa not alexia. ALEXI
  • mommawhtz4dinner
    Options
    Heard a great one come over the loud speaker last week at a high school football game~~ J'Maka Love.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    The worst name that I have ever heard is Charmasium (it's real). It is a combination of the words charming and amazing. Needless to say this individual did not live up to their name, poor soul!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    When I worked in a government sector part of my job was adding children to profiles.
    3 kids, Reef, Ocean and Island.
    I kid you not. Going with a theme there?

My favourite ever name was Mingus. It just sounded so weird.

My step son is named after Tyler Durden. Cool as!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Raiden Cage

And yes i am the coolest wife b/c i let our husband name our son that

We are thinking about Raiden too if we have a boy in the future and he is letting me choose our son's name.
  • weighlossforbaby
    Options
    Hubby gets to choose our future daughter's name so he chose Mika. I get to choose our future's son's name and I chose Raiden or Samuel.
  • weighlossforbaby
    Options
    Hubby gets to choose our future daughter's name so he chose Mika (MEEKA). I get to choose our future's son's name and I chose Raiden or Samuel.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have heard of like three babies named Atticus.

And their mothers were not in 11th grade reading To Kill A Mockingbird.

smh... poor boys.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Raiden Cage

And yes i am the coolest wife b/c i let our husband name our son that

I actually want to name my son Rayden, and have been wanting to for a long time. But my husband doesn't like it.
    I went to school with a girl named Dane, and a girl named Sunny., another girl named Carol Carol ( that is her first and last name).
    I know a boy named Enik, his brother is Traylon
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I have a personal prejudice against creative names. They also tend to mark out cultural class, and that's not always something you want to do to your child. Also, life has convinced me that if a nickname is going to show up, it will find the kid, no problem. My sons are James Michael and Peter Garrett, named after grandfathers and great-grandfathers respectively. A third would have been John Jasper. Daughters were going to be Joanna Ruth, Dorothy June, and Mary Elizabeth. (The last name is two syllables like Allen.)

My family names from the family name pool of previous generations. Since new people marry in, it does mix things up, but it usually means at least one name is traditional, which is useful. We do also try to make sure that whatever someone's daily name is going to be doesn't conflict with the others in the family; Grandpa goes by Mike, grandson goes by Michael or Mickey. Like that.

We did manage once to have two women with identical names. Beth Ann Douglas. (last name changed). One is my blood cousin, and has a brother, John, who married a woman named...Beth Ann. As one was a M.D. and one was married first, one became Dr. Beth and the other Mrs. Beth. (laugh)
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I went to school with Tella Graham and her sister Candy Graham.

Isn't there some story about a kid being named Sh*thead and it's pronounced shi-they-ed? hehe
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have two friends with Filipino aunts named Cherry Pie
  • la_faerie
    Options
    Went to school with a guy named Justyn Cason. They tried, lol. And in elementary schools there were sisters name Precious and Princess.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    One of my cousins have Meadow and Juniper. Another has Amos Moses and Solomon Josiah.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My cousin named his baby girl Persephone :indifferent: