you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Knew a full blooded red haired cherokee indian named Lovely!! He did not get his name until he was several months old because this parents just could not decide on a name - everyone kept telling his mother what a lovely baby she had - hence the name Lovely!!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My kids have fairly normal names.

Mariah (couldn't think of a girl's name until I was 6m pregnant.) I wanted Nadia and he wanted Gwendolyn and we agreed on Mariah. My favorite singer growing up was Mariah Carey so that's a keeper.

My son is named Jaxon. Partly after my husband's grandfather who died in 2009 and partly because of Jax on Son's of Anarchy. He was almost a Deakon or Riley.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My daughter is named Falynne Leigh pronounced Fallon. Nobody gets it correct.
    My son is Named Aurey Blayze pronounced Orry. Needless to say we correct people often but I love their names and they do too :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Woman working in the grocery store was Latrina.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I know someone whose kids are

River
    Rain
    Sky

and there are like 5 of them... I dont remember the other names.

My son is Andrew.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My sister told me a story about some people she knows who saw the word 'Kerosene' and liked it. They named their daughter after it. Pronounced 'Ker-oss-on-nee'. I also have heard 'William Williams'. Poor people. I feel bad for them.
    My boyfriends last name is Martin so I always joke 'Martin Martin' haha. No way could I do that though!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I live in the great state of Texas, and this one unfortunate soul I dated (very briefly in 9th grade) was named Dallas Austin. His middle name was Leif... so he didn't have much to fall back on either.
  • LishaCole
    Options
    I know a nice, but unique family who gave there children the names Mercy Danger (so that she could say "danger is my middle name"), and Asher Thrasher.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    One of the girls at the karate camp I used to work at was named female, pronounced fee-mall-ay
    And another little boy was no joke named clinkcon, pronounced cling-on.
  • KatieKatB
    Options
    My daughters name is Sheridan. people call her Sheri Dan and Sheraton like the hotel.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have met Justin Case and a Mike Hunt. I don't think their parents thought this through....

:blushing: :tongue: :embarassed:
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I volunteered in an after-school program years ago and sisters were named Abcde (ab-sid-ee....yes like A B C D E....mom was told think of the alphabet. ughhh) and Infinity (they used to say...to Infinity and beyond! to her).

My ex boyfriend's name was Bruce Wayne (and then last name) so I always called him Batman. Lol.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    there was once a very famous boy SUE :smokin:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    I volunteered in an after-school program years ago and sisters were named Abcde (ab-sid-ee....yes like A B C D E....mom was told think of the alphabet. ughhh) and Infinity (they used to say...to Infinity and beyond! to her).

My ex boyfriend's name was Bruce Wayne (and then last name) so I always called him Batman. Lol.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My son is named Micaiah- said: mick- i- uh. He keeps telling me he thinks it's only a girl's name. It's actually from 2nd Kings book in the Bible. I didn't even realize it was in there, until a friend pointed it out to me.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    For years I thought my grandpa's twin sisters were named 'Emma jean' and 'Ima jean' but they were Emogene and Imogene'
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have heard of Bud Wiser, Harry Roache, and Patty Hamburger.....I know....right?? Think of the phonebook listing:
    Hamburger, Patty. LOL!!!

My daughter's name is Remy Adair and I always have people ask me if I made it up. I don't think Remy is that weird though.....Adair is different but it is my Grandma's middle name and I like it:)

Adair is the name of a tiny little town in Iowa. It's right next to Anita...
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was Mary Christmas :) She was hung-up on so many times when she was placing orders.. my poor nan!

My son has a Miracle Rain in his class.. Miracle's sisters are Trinity, Serenity and Haven... lol interesting to say the least!

There's a boy in my community named Thunder, another little boy named Diamond..

My Dad went to college (MSU) with a girl named Mary Christmas.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My son is named Micaiah- said: mick- i- uh. He keeps telling me he thinks it's only a girl's name. It's actually from 2nd Kings book in the Bible. I didn't even realize it was in there, until a friend pointed it out to me.

That's my Nephew's name also:-) They pronounce it my-kay-uh though.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    There's a school kid in a town a good 4 hours from me, but I know a teacher there and she mentioned the child's name.

Anfone

No, not an-fone, it's pronounced 'an-f-nee' (like Anthony but with a speech impediment). :noway: