you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• p0tt3rgl33k
    p0tt3rgl33k Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I named my daughter Bellatrix Rose...... :) Yeah, I'm kind of a Harry Potter nut. :)
  • p0tt3rgl33k
    p0tt3rgl33k Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Harry Balsac

really? you had to go there LOL....

these are histerical...i guess kids grow up to either love it or hate it....My husband wanted to name our first son Candor...um no. His name is Jaden

My mom picked my middle name..TaLynn...like it is spelled "tah-lynn"

Yeah, I totally agree with the hubby on this one. :)
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This one lady on a pregnancy site I was on wanted to name her son Boss ??????? I had to stop going to the site because I openly made fun of her. Boss Hog? Who's the Boss?
    What kind of complex are you setting him up for. What if he is below avg inteligence and a manual laborer?
    I was pregnant at the time, normally I would have just passed it over.
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    named my daughter VIOLETTA MARIE (pronounced vee-o-letta) only three people have ever said it right, including those in the family. people are still stumbling over it and she is now two. she got her name because both sides of the family have Italian in them and its one of the only names her father could say properly. he has a studdering problem but even without that i wouldn't change her name ever! i love it and it fits her.
  • wlkumpf
    Options
    I figured since my kids are going to have to deal with their name for the rest of their lives, I would give them names people won't have to struggle to pronounce or spell. Our youngest is Erica and her dad wanted to spell it with a K. Thank God my mother in law forbid it because I wasn't up to the task.

I know a kid her name is pagan. her mom sent her to a christian school... i'm sure that went over well.

Exactly, I think parents need to find better ways to express themselves because it is the kids who have to live with it.
    Can you imagine trying to go for a professional job and be a person in charge with some of these names?
    "Hello, my name is butterfly sunset and I think you should consider me for the position of personal trainer because......"

At least give your kids a chance to not have to explain their name or the spelling everytime they fill out a form or meet someone new.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Harry Balsac

really? you had to go there LOL....

these are histerical...i guess kids grow up to either love it or hate it....My husband wanted to name our first son Candor...um no. His name is Jaden

My mom picked my middle name..TaLynn...like it is spelled "tah-lynn"

Yeah, I totally agree with the hubby on this one. :)

could not do it...all I could think of was kids calling him Candy to pick on him.....or any variation of that Candy @ss etc...plus he wanted the middle name to be skyblade...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I live in redneckland so we have some unusual names. I know 2 Remingtons, River, Waylon (my grandson :) ) and we have a Hunter in the family. Oh yeah, the newest baby is Gianna. Gee-ah-nah It's Italian but no one gets it. I know a family (I hope they dont see this lol ) but they named their kids Petra, Stryker and the other one is so weird I can't even remember it. My daughter and son in law joke that they will give their first born the name Doctor. lol

Odd names of people I grew up with. Seriously! Holly Wood, Marilyn Monroe, Harry Cherry & Charlie Farley.

I'd love to get a sign for our camper that says,..

Welcome to our campsite.
    The Cooters
    Harry and Mattie haha
  • wlkumpf
    Options
    named my daughter VIOLETTA MARIE (pronounced vee-o-letta) only three people have ever said it right, including those in the family. people are still stumbling over it and she is now two. she got her name because both sides of the family have Italian in them and its one of the only names her father could say properly. he has a studdering problem but even without that i wouldn't change her name ever! i love it and it fits her.
    That is actually a beautiful name :) Do you get upset if someone pronounces if Violet? I am just wondering because it is pretty common for names to be pronounced different in various nationalities and parts of the world. The way you typed the pronunciation I can see it being said in Italian, but the Americanized version would be beautiful sounding as well :)
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Who was the celebrity that named their kid Blanket?

That was dumb.

michael jackson
    [/quote]
    Yea, Michael Jackson was a great artist, but I just didn't understand that name.
    [/quote]
    I actually know someone named MICHAEL JACKSON. I thought he was kidding when he said it, but sure enough, it's his real name.
    [/quote]
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That is actually a beautiful name :) Do you get upset if someone pronounces if Violet? I am just wondering because it is pretty common for names to be pronounced different in various nationalities and parts of the world. The way you typed the pronunciation I can see it being said in Italian, but the Americanized version would be beautiful sounding as well :)

no acutally it doesnt really make me upset because violet would be alot closer to her name then what we usually get. it took her drs office quite awhile to get it. usually people pick up after the first or second time of hearing me say it. i just thought it was beautiful and i know that her name is something she can be proud of when she gets older because it has a good story behind it.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I had a friend named Stormy and January in elementary

Now we have a friend named Sein (sin)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I figured since my kids are going to have to deal with their name for the rest of their lives, I would give them names people won't have to struggle to pronounce or spell. Our youngest is Erica and her dad wanted to spell it with a K. Thank God my mother in law forbid it because I wasn't up to the task.

I know a kid her name is pagan. her mom sent her to a christian school... i'm sure that went over well.

Exactly, I think parents need to find better ways to express themselves because it is the kids who have to live with it.
    Can you imagine trying to go for a professional job and be a person in charge with some of these names?
    "Hello, my name is butterfly sunset and I think you should consider me for the position of personal trainer because......"

At least give your kids a chance to not have to explain their name or the spelling everytime they fill out a form or meet someone new.

There is always a middle name... I know this kid ocitos (Oh seeTOSE) by jrhs, he insisted on scott, his middle name.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have heard of Bud Wiser, Harry Roache, and Patty Hamburger.....I know....right?? Think of the phonebook listing:
    Hamburger, Patty. LOL!!!

My daughter's name is Remy Adair and I always have people ask me if I made it up. I don't think Remy is that weird though.....Adair is different but it is my Grandma's middle name and I like it:)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I have heard of Bud Wiser, Harry Roache, and Patty Hamburger.....I know....right?? Think of the phonebook listing:
    Hamburger, Patty. LOL!!!

My daughter's name is Remy Adair and I always have people ask me if I made it up. I don't think Remy is that weird though.....Adair is different but it is my Grandma's middle name and I like it:)

Remy (martin) is a type of alcohol. google Remy Martin. my friend had two dogs.. remy & martin.
  • PinkyFran
    Options
    Daisy n Honey Adam, Ruby N David went to school with a girl named Teresa Green, and when i worked for Social we had Attracta Cockrell.....bless her
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    My husband wanted a strong name...Crom...I hated it at first but eventually liked it. He goes by his middle name now
    though. :P
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I went to college with a girl named Candy (not Candace, but Candy). She married a boy whose last name was Barr.

Also, I don't know how it was supposed to be pronounced, but I had a student whose middle name was Satan.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    my optometrists name is Bunny, hes a man. I asked him if his sibling(s) had weird names too or if his parents were hippies...lol.....nope his sister is charmaine (which I consider to be quite normal) and it was just a random name they choose.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    I know this is due to cultural differences and pronunciations, but I went to college with someone named Anil Mistery...Not kidding actually a cool dude

First name is actually pronounced Ahneel, but still funny to look at