Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tresa - WTG on sticking with good food instead of just eating what's there! Hope you had a fun weekend! Good luck keeping that motivation UP UP UP!

Lori - I hope you'll still be down for weigh-in on Wed! Good luck at the contest!

Marla - did you get the bugs out of your computer?

Nicky - *girly screams* YAY! When are you going out?

no.:grumble:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hello all fellow black team members. Hope everybody is having a good day. Nicky, that is so awesome, where are you going?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hello all fellow black team members. Hope everybody is having a good day. Nicky, that is so awesome, where are you going?
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    It is official...I'm nuts. I did Level 3 of the shred today and if I make it 10 days its a miracle. Hubby keeps saying you'll look great and I said yeah best looking dead person around.

:sad: :angry: :grumble: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey all just checking in real quick. So many posts to read but I have a mountain of paperwork to deal with. The store opening is goin well. The food has not be the best but it has all been in moderation. Absutley no work

outs in this week. I have just been soooooo wiped out every day. 13 hour days of keeping 50 people moving and chasing down contractors...arguing with vendors....staying within budgets....dealing with tech support....god I am tired. Anyway I am going down to the hot fitness room. I think I can muster the energy tonight. Can't wait to catch up. Only 8 more days!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any fun for Valentine's Day? I went to Columbus Fish Market. Deeeelightful food!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Today Dave and I went to that resort thingy. It was worse than we'd feared. When we went to a timeshare tour in Hawaii we got a free luau out of it. This time we got a camera that is supposed to be valuable but looks like a Wal*Mart disposable, airfare for 1 (?) to Orlando or Las Vegas, and 4 prints of nature pictures from some artist. And it was in the middle of nowhere. The resort that showed us in Hawaii was so beautiful, if it hadn't been as expensive, we so would've gone for it. But we would never go to this one. It was some camp area in Ohio (I'm not dissing Ohio here, Sara!) but it was just horrible.

On the drive back, we stopped at Applebee's for lunch. I had a ceasar salad for lunch but I don't like dressing or cheese on my salad so it was just lettuce, grilled chicken, and crutons. Plus I had water to drink. That would've been healthy if Dave and I hadn't split spinach artichoke dip...and a chocolate chip cookie ice cream chocolate syrup dessert. (Dave said to tell you guys that I made him order it which is SO not true.)

Having your spouse in on the weight loss thing can be great if you're both doing well. Then you push each other to work out longer and not have dessert. But when you're both having weak days and you both kinda just allow the other one to do the bad thing you know you shouldn't. Then it's not so good.

We both said we have to get our butts in gear and make up for it tomorrow. I'm apologizing in advance if our binging blows the weigh in this week.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!!

I ate horrible yesterday but I knew today was a spinning class. So, after a full days work I am heading to the resorts gym for an intense workout.

Have a great Day!!!!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!! GET IN THE GYM GET IN THE GYM!!!!!

:blushing: Whoops, channeling Jillian for a minute.
    Let's do this!

Have a great day guys.

OH! I have interesting info. I was reading this article on weight loss (You may have all read it as well?) that suggested one should go on maintenance after every ten pounds lost, just for a week, so the body can adjust appropriately to the new weight instead of freaking out over the loss!

I think everyone's too impatient to try that on for size but it's an interesting theory!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Nicky, I didn't get into the gym but I got into the pool in town at 5:30 AM and swam 20 minutes laps and did 45 minutes of water aerobics. Also will take a walk / run later today.

I SOOOOOO want that scale to say 164 tomorrow because that would mean I am just "overweight", no longer obese. Never thought I would be happy to see hey I am only overweight now. LOL :laugh:

Who has the challenge next week, I would do one but have no idea what to do so I guess I am not that creative or intelligent. :tongue:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say hello:smile: See you all at the weigh in tomorrow!:drinker: Am I the only one that borders panic attacks as the weigh in day approaches?:laugh: Ok, off to start on my last chance workout!:wink: Have a great day everyone:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Hey all,

I haven't been around much lately, I fell into a slump for a while there, but I think I'm on my way out of it. :bigsmile:

My thyroid tests came back normal, so I have no idea WTH is going on. My doc suggested that if it came back normal I should go back and get evaluated for depression which has similar symptoms. I just guess I have the preconceived notion that in order to be depressed to you have be unhappy and not enjoy your life, and i'm very happy and love my life, I just have some crazy mood swings sometimes and I'm tired alot and I have (had?) little motivation to do anything at all but read and watch tv.

I dunno, we'll see I guess. Maybe I'm just in a slump and I can get out of it without meds?

Went to the gym last night, did 30 minutes on the elliptical and walked/jogged 20 minutes, 4 min walk, 1 min jog. No pain in my shins (I'm crazy prone to shin splints) today. So woo! BF works tonight so its 30 day shred and tae bo for my last chance workout.

I'm not expecting anything tomorrow considering I did nothing all week excep today and yesterday and ate terrible.

HOWEVER! I've been doing really great on the challenge! Saturday I didn't get to bed until like 3 in the morning, but it was Valentines Day and I was still able to get 8 hours of sleep. But every other day this week i've gotten to bed at 11 or before! Yay for sleep!!!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My thyroid tests came back normal, so I have no idea WTH is going on.

Maybe this is the same case with you, maybe not... but it took them a year and MANY thyroid tests before they caught my thyroid on a low cycle. I was borderline 'low' but not enough for them to feel the need to medicate.

Maybe you're the same way? Try eating some foods that boost the thyroid. I think cauliflower and broccoli are good for that, as well as yogurt?

ANYWAY, just a thought. LOTS of things can cause the symptoms you have, you just have to muddle through until you find something that helps.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hello all.... my typing program still won't work. So now i have to remember how to spell all the stinking words I want to type. It's so maddening !!!!!!!

Rough couple days. Crap at work. Blood pressure went flooey. Too much stress.

But? My challenge was to stay positive this week, and it has helped, actually. That, and I transcribed India.Arie last week, the singer, and I really was sooo moved by her words. God can truly use the most obscure vessels to deliver his message. I ended up downloading her recent CD. Cool thing...there is a song on the CD, "A Beautiful Day," that was composed by India and Robin Roberts on Good Morning America. I transcribed the original interview where they were fiddling around, and wrote this song...and now it's on a CD. Tooooo stinkin' cool.

Feeling and looking better overall. TOM is almost over, so my body goes back to normal. Not sure what it will translate into on the scale tomorrow, but hoping for some loss. Interestign thing....when the water begins to subside, the appetite roars!!!!!!

Must go exercise and get to work. :heart: to my teammates. Thanks for all the encouragement this week.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    My thyroid tests came back normal, so I have no idea WTH is going on.

Maybe this is the same case with you, maybe not... but it took them a year and MANY thyroid tests before they caught my thyroid on a low cycle. I was borderline 'low' but not enough for them to feel the need to medicate.

Maybe you're the same way? Try eating some foods that boost the thyroid. I think cauliflower and broccoli are good for that, as well as yogurt?

ANYWAY, just a thought. LOTS of things can cause the symptoms you have, you just have to muddle through until you find something that helps.

Same with me. They did many many blood tests to check my thyroid and they always came back borderline low/normal. Two years ago they did a hydascan (sp) thru nuclear medicine. Then an ultrasound of it. They found a small nodule on it and it was slowing things down a little. I am on meds , very low dose now and everything looks brighter.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!! GET IN THE GYM GET IN THE GYM!!!!!

:blushing: Whoops, channeling Jillian for a minute.
    Let's do this!

Have a great day guys.

OH! I have interesting info. I was reading this article on weight loss (You may have all read it as well?) that suggested one should go on maintenance after every ten pounds lost, just for a week, so the body can adjust appropriately to the new weight instead of freaking out over the loss!

I think everyone's too impatient to try that on for size but it's an interesting theory!

Final workout completed ma'am. I did all three levels on the shred and now I'm ready for bed. Oh wait I'm rhyming. Good Luck on the weigh in tomorrow.

GO BLACK TEAM!! :heart:

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Did my last chance workout!!! Spinning class for an hour. It was fantastic!!! I'm going back thursday!!!!

Have a great night!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Well I really messed up today because I told myself I would only eat 9 tortilla chips today but 36 chips and 520 calories later, OH NO! I am really proud of myself because I made up my mind that I would not let that screw me up so 700 calories later I had paid the price for those STUPID chips.

I am looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow, please let me be under 164, I want to be overwweight!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ran about a mile and a half, walked to cool down, then did two sets of "curbs." Sprinting from one side of the street to the other, touching the curb, and sprinting back....two sets of 10. Ugh! Come on metabolism!!!!!!

My water is soooo down today that I almost look gaunt....I love it. :tongue:

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Marla, my fingers are crossed for you!!! :flowerforyou: