Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A comedian. He has a famous "7 dirty words" or rather "7 words you can't say on tv" sketch. Here's a bit of it from youtube. It is quite vulgar just to warn you, but that's George Carlin. His comedy actually prompted a supreme court case about freedom of speech/offensive language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFmRypAYz_E

I'm at work so I can't see but I'll check it out when I get home. :) Thank you missy.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh, goodness! Do NOT go there if you're at work! LOL

He's a very funny man (although I don't agree with his politics or beliefs)...or should I say was a very funny man. He died not too long ago. :frown:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Here's the second part of that sketch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Nrp7cj_tM

if you're interested. Some people can't handle the language. Honestly.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    George Carlin asked similar questions in the 70s.

Beans. In the open discussion you said that. Who is George Carlin? :blushing:

Oh-- no she didn't-- she didn't just ask that. I'm soooo old. :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options

He's a very funny man (although I don't agree with his politics or beliefs)...or should I say was a very funny man. He died not too long ago. :frown:

I had to transcribe a tape of his comedy routine after he died-- this one with the seven words you can't say-- it was not easy-- he makes more noises and facial expressions than anything else. !!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Hey, I'm only 26, but I knew who he was! LOL I'm a bit of an "old soul" though. :wink:

Let's blame it on the fact that she's Canadian. :tongue: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I had to transcribe a tape of his comedy routine after he died-- this one with the seven words you can't say-- it was not easy-- he makes more noises and facial expressions than anything else. !!!!

When you said facial expressions I immediatly thought "Suuuuugestive." LOL So funny. I couldn't imagine trying to TYPE that routine out!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay, this challenge is not happening for me...at least not today...when I got done with my surgery it was about noon and I hadn't had anything to eat because I was afraid I'd be nauseous (which I was before, during, and after)...so I needed to eat something by the time I got done...my mom took me to the grocery store and I picked up a lovely salad from the salad bar and a piece of fried chicken...high sodium I'm imagining...and I had a few sugar free peanut clusters and two Milano cookies to cure my sweet tooth...all in all it probably wasn't THAT many calories considering that I'm feeling poopy and allowed myself to have whatever I wanted...funny that I turned to ONE piece of chicken and a salad and only a few pieces of sweets...I'm sure I'll go over my calories today, but I know it's not as bad as it would have been if I had gotten a Big Mac, fries, fish sandwich, and a milkshake like I would have a year ago...

Going to go back and lie down now if I can get comfy...which I haven't been able to so far...but we shall see...
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Okay, this challenge is not happening for me...at least not today...when I got done with my surgery it was about noon and I hadn't had anything to eat because I was afraid I'd be nauseous (which I was before, during, and after)...so I needed to eat something by the time I got done...my mom took me to the grocery store and I picked up a lovely salad from the salad bar and a piece of fried chicken...high sodium I'm imagining...and I had a few sugar free peanut clusters and two Milano cookies to cure my sweet tooth...all in all it probably wasn't THAT many calories considering that I'm feeling poopy and allowed myself to have whatever I wanted...funny that I turned to ONE piece of chicken and a salad and only a few pieces of sweets...I'm sure I'll go over my calories today, but I know it's not as bad as it would have been if I had gotten a Big Mac, fries, fish sandwich, and a milkshake like I would have a year ago...

Going to go back and lie down now if I can get comfy...which I haven't been able to so far...but we shall see...

Take care of yourself Laura. I hope you heal quickly.. janie
  • Marla64
    Options
    :angry:

Hey, I'm only 26,

Shut up.:grumble: :angry:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    NEEEEVER! BWAHAHAHA!

Laura - I hope that you get comfy soon! Good job on picking the lesser of 2 evils in the food battle. Your body thanks you for it. :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I know George Carlin as Mr. Conductor from Shining Time Station that I used to watch as a kid?
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Hey all,

I don't have much time, I will later though.

Just wanted to drop a quick update that I had my thyroid tested today but I haven't gotten the results back yet, but my doctor said my thyroid did feel enlarged, so we'll see probably tomorrow. She also tested me for anemia.

The past 3 days have been really awful. I hope its something fixable.

later!

:heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    my friends I've had no time for food today and now that I have time I do not feel good enough to eat. :(
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the number of pounds lost. Go Black Team. I went to water aerobics today, swam laps and then did a walk / run. Burnt 400 calories on the walk / run. My exercise calories are like 700 today and I am having a horrible time eating all that food. I am afraid if I don't my body will go into starvation mode and if I do I will throw it up. :grumble:

Laura, I hope you feel better really soon. Marla, interesting your water observation. Am looking forward to hearing how your weight goes after you just drink when thirsty. Nicky, hope you are in your new apartment soon, March 31st is my baby's 5th birthday. Sarah, am so glad you are back on-line, does your baby still have his stitches.

My baby's blood tests came back, the second set after they lost the first blood samples. Anway her seizure medicine dose is way to low which is why she is so miserable and having all those seizures. We upped it and get her blood re-tested next Thursday to see if it needs upped again. She is so happy today and slept 10 hours last night. She was down to sleeping five hours per night and they were totally interrupted. I, of course, got up every couple of hours to make sure she was breathing, I mean it has been about three years of very little sleep to 10 hours per night. :smile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    WARNING WARNING>...............you may just forget you are in a challenge.

Sorry...........I had equal in coffee this morning.
    OK............so 1 glass of tea today with real sugar.............pray for me:flowerforyou:

Don't feel bad last night M wanted peanut butter crackers and I had one then went oh crap I wasn't supposed to eat peanut butter! :blushing:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning. I forgot, too! Back to the post-it note! You can do it, Jeannie!

I am so proud of you! 5 pounds away from your goal!! Good job kiddo!

Awwww...thankies! :blushing: I'm getting there. Little bits at a time. I'm most proud of the muscles I'm finding everywhere right now. My belly will always look like a deflated balloon thanks to my nearly 10# middle child, but at least my butt'll look good! LOL

Have fun with the trainer today!

sara is BUTT'LL a word!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning. I forgot, too! Back to the post-it note! You can do it, Jeannie!

I am so proud of you! 5 pounds away from your goal!! Good job kiddo!

Awwww...thankies! :blushing: I'm getting there. Little bits at a time. I'm most proud of the muscles I'm finding everywhere right now. My belly will always look like a deflated balloon thanks to my nearly 10# middle child, but at least my butt'll look good! LOL

Have fun with the trainer today!

sara is BUTT'LL a word!!!

oh your butt'll look good too, sam.........dont worry!:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    oh your butt'll look good too, sam.........dont worry!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :blushing: :blushing:

it already does!!!:blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Speaking of butts (because I have to avoid the conversation about how I am not doign well at all with not using sweet and low:ohwell: !)

That trainer kicked my butt today!! I thought I was a BL contestant and she was Jillian!! She was so sweet......told me what a great job I am doing................then made me do all KINDS of un GOD ly things with weights and balls..........:grumble:

Really, it was FAR OUT! I loved every moment!!:bigsmile:

Hired her for a few sessions to get me going in the right direction. We shall see.:huh:

she made me get in the scream machine (scale) in the middle of the gym:sad: :sad: :sad:

time for nighty nite:yawn: