Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Check this out-- Fitness_Chick sent me the water thread where I can pinpoint exactly where I started pushing the water and drinking my "faithful 8 glasses plus a day."

That was 11/20.

My last loss was posted 11/19. I'm up 8 pounds since then.

1200-1400 calories per day, exercise 4 times a week-- doing everything right.

Curious coincidence, eh?

I'm listening to my body going forward and see what happens. I'm drinking water right now, 'cause I'm thirsty. But, no more pushing it.

Oh, how I wish you could go to the dr.! *hugs* Listen to that body, lady!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm going to try (again) to give up my diet sodas. I actually had about 3 totally caffeine free days when we had the water challenge a couple weeks ago and even went a full week or so without the soda until Friday. Had a stressful afternoon, had one soda and have had one every day since. I did have one today because I hadn't seen the challenge...but for the next week I will leave the Diet Dr. Pepper alone.

I'm not going to promise caffeine free, though...that was tough!

And, before I forget...congrats Noni! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Shuntae

Caffeine free would just be a bonus! Good luck giving them up! I swear they put crack in those things!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I saw Sam post our losses this week & was INCREDIBLY impressed with all of us! WTG, team! We're all doing amazing! I'm closing in on my "final" goal & am really hoping to achieve that while I'm with all of you!

BTW - how many weeks are left? LOL I suppose I should know that before I go & try to set a goal for myself. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    WARNING WARNING>...............you may just forget you are in a challenge.

Sorry...........I had equal in coffee this morning.
    OK............so 1 glass of tea today with real sugar.............pray for me:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning. I forgot, too! Back to the post-it note! You can do it, Jeannie!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning. I forgot, too! Back to the post-it note! You can do it, Jeannie!

I am so proud of you! 5 pounds away from your goal!! Good job kiddo!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I am so proud of you! 5 pounds away from your goal!! Good job kiddo!

Awwww...thankies! :blushing: I'm getting there. Little bits at a time. I'm most proud of the muscles I'm finding everywhere right now. My belly will always look like a deflated balloon thanks to my nearly 10# middle child, but at least my butt'll look good! LOL

Have fun with the trainer today!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hey Sara...Great Challenge. Sorry ive been MIA lately:blushing: Im still chugging along with the workouts and the healthy eating! Im also Glad to see your computer is up and running...yay! I think i will stick to not getting on the scale every day...its always a bummer to see the thing go up and down then up:ohwell:

Hey to everybody!:flowerforyou:

Today is 30day shred level one and two(hopefully I can get through level two:sick: )

TTYL
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all the compliments:blushing: I think we are all doing an awesome job! Regardless of how many pounds are falling off (or not), we are all here because we love ourselves and want to be healthy. Thats what we are doing:drinker: Have a healthy, happy day all!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- so anybody remember my Rocky situps from last week? Somethin' popped-- well, oh my-- I have TOM cramps like crazy right in that spot. Haven't had cramps in years, now it feels like somebody's sticking a Marla Voodoo doll right in the right ovary (or somewhere near there-- ) hubby's ready to throttle me for even trying them last week.

"Are you out of your mind, you can't even get off the floor in a crunch and you try a Rocky sit up????"

Oh well-- youch for the cramps--

Have a great day everyone--
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    "Are you out of your mind, you can't even get off the floor in a crunch and you try a Rocky sit up????"

I totally understand trying something new and challenging but know your limits! Hopefully you start to feel better soon.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    hey team - great job with the challenges.

roni - fantastic job - you are my new inspiration!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have been offline for a day or so and missed the cumulative results. does anyone have the link to the BL results so I can look?

thanks, janie
  • janiebeth
    Options
    thanks sara - I know I did not contribute this week (to the loss:grumble: :sad: ), but I like to cheer everyone else on..

Janie
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    okay-- so anybody remember my Rocky situps from last week? Somethin' popped-- well, oh my-- I have TOM cramps like crazy right in that spot. Haven't had cramps in years, now it feels like somebody's sticking a Marla Voodoo doll right in the right ovary (or somewhere near there-- ) hubby's ready to throttle me for even trying them last week.

Why the heck not! You might surprise yourself! Sorry it didn't work out that time, though. I hope something didn't pop funky:noway:
  • janiebeth
    Options

HOLY WEIGHT LOSS BATMAN!!

The black team ROCKS!!

OK, that's it - I must be in negative numbers next week!!!

goes to get more water..
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Made it through day one without mindless snacking. I had popcorn but that was planned because I had the calories available.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Made it through day one without mindless snacking. I had popcorn but that was planned because I had the calories available.

Good job, Bobbi! That's awesome! Those little snack calories sure do add up!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    George Carlin asked similar questions in the 70s.

Beans. In the open discussion you said that. Who is George Carlin? :blushing:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    George Carlin asked similar questions in the 70s.

Beans. In the open discussion you said that. Who is George Carlin? :blushing:

A comedian. He has a famous "7 dirty words" or rather "7 words you can't say on tv" sketch. Here's a bit of it from youtube. It is quite vulgar just to warn you, but that's George Carlin. His comedy actually prompted a supreme court case about freedom of speech/offensive language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFmRypAYz_E