Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Tresa - I hope you feel better soon! Chicken soup, woman! *hugs*

Lynnie - That stinks! Did the interview go well at least? I hope things even out for you soon. It can't go on like this forever, right? *hugs*

Sam - PUT DOWN THE PB. You can do it! Think of how many calories you're saving NOT eating it!

Marla - I have NO clue, but I bet Tresa is right. It sounds familiar....

Andrew - Hope that business trip is going well & that you aren't having too big of a problem finding good food options!

Lori - *waves enthusiastically* HI! :bigsmile:

We're having a Valentine's Day party at my house today...with just me & the kids :laugh: so I won't be around much today. Crafts & baking galore!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so yesterday was good in exercise (worked out BL style with a trainer) but I had 4 packs of sweet and low and 2 equal.

SO today I am not having coffee at all. Having tea with milk and honey.

Good start!!

Hope everyone has a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Tea with milk & honey sounds great, Jeannie! I read about your trainer fun...how special. Why is she making you weigh-in so much?!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Tea with milk & honey sounds great, Jeannie! I read about your trainer fun...how special. Why is she making you weigh-in so much?!

No that was ME!! she needed an intial weigh in and i told her i didnt use any scale but my own, and only 1st thing in the morning. She said well we have this scale......it said 148.....i said that is WRONG. I asked to see the calibration schedule..:noway: she said. So then I asked to be weighed on diff scale so i could show her. so i was 144 (likley with the shoes and clothes) 147 and 148! All the scales were different.

So I am so fixated on this scale thing I am making an appt for morning and BRINGING my scale!!

Am I too funny, or what???

Point is-she worked me in ways I didnt know were possible! :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Stupid scales. Good for you for asking about the calibration schedule. HA! She's a trainer! She should know that every scale is different! I bet all that strength training she's having you do will kick your metabloism right up!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    It is my stupid challenge this week & I just cheated. I forgot that I was going to have to get on the scale either today or tomorrow for the other challenge I'm doing on here (the Valentine's Day challenge). Let's just say...I'm happy I did!

Cross my heart, I won't do it again until next Wednesday! Scouts honor! I AM doing really well with the sweets, though! I've had honey a couple times, but no chocolate so THAT is a big step for me!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just read through a couple of pages of posts - guess I am not on enough..

Hope everyone is feeling better today - we have a number of folks that are not well. Sending healing vibes to all my team mates <<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>.

Hope you are all better and less stressed soon. What is it about February that makes things so hard.

This challenge has been quite difficult for me as well.. I am getting d.t.s at night trying to stay away from the soy ice cream, but so far successful. The worst I've done is some honey in my tea. Has it really only been 2 days??

One thing I have done is hit the scale a lot (thank god that was not part of my challenge) - not usually an issue for me, but I was convinced my 3 pound gain this week was water, so determined to prove it. I've lost a pound a day the last 2 days, so I am feeling a little better.. Who knew Indian food was so evil?? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hang in there everyone.. janie
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I know George Carlin as Mr. Conductor from Shining Time Station that I used to watch as a kid?

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that remembers that! YAY!:laugh:

Well, okay trivia fans-- who remembers who the conductor was BEFORE Mr. Carlin on Shining Time Station???

Um, I don't know. I only remember George Carlin. I must have been too young. :bigsmile:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Lori - *waves enthusiastically* HI! :bigsmile:

*waves enthusiastically* Hi back! :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    The other day I had 1 Hershey kiss in the evening. (Oops!) Last night I just had the apple that I had planned for.

Today Harley and I are going to the bank where I used to work to have lunch with the girls. We'll be leaving in a little bit. So I won't be on here too much today.

Dave had to drive to Michigan today for work so he won't be home tonight. He wasn't too happy about it.

Talk to you later everybody!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2.5 more pounds since Wednesday-- with a 45 minute run/walk, and about 1300 calories average both days-- something's not right.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2.5 more pounds since Wednesday-- with a 45 minute run/walk, and about 1300 calories average both days-- something's not right.

): You might be plateauing?
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Is there ANY way you can get to a doctor, Marla? I really am worried about this since you have the heart problem anyways... I don't like it one bit.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    The other day I had 1 Hershey kiss in the evening. (Oops!) Last night I just had the apple that I had planned for.

Today Harley and I are going to the bank where I used to work to have lunch with the girls. We'll be leaving in a little bit. So I won't be on here too much today.

Dave had to drive to Michigan today for work so he won't be home tonight. He wasn't too happy about it.

Talk to you later everybody!

If he's driving through Toledo, tell him to wave to the east. That's where I am. hehehe He's going to see a lot of Ohio today, isn't he. :tongue: Have fun at your lunch! Oh, and ONE kiss is GOOD! At least you didn't say "oh well" and keep eating them...like I would have. :indifferent:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi all,

Just read through a couple of pages of posts - guess I am not on enough..

Hope everyone is feeling better today - we have a number of folks that are not well. Sending healing vibes to all my team mates <<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>.

Hope you are all better and less stressed soon. What is it about February that makes things so hard.

This challenge has been quite difficult for me as well.. I am getting d.t.s at night trying to stay away from the soy ice cream, but so far successful. The worst I've done is some honey in my tea. Has it really only been 2 days??

One thing I have done is hit the scale a lot (thank god that was not part of my challenge) - not usually an issue for me, but I was convinced my 3 pound gain this week was water, so determined to prove it. I've lost a pound a day the last 2 days, so I am feeling a little better.. Who knew Indian food was so evil?? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hang in there everyone.. janie

Ooohhh...Indian food! I've heard bad things about that & sodium! Drink drink drink, lady! I hope it keeps coming off!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just stopped in to say hi...getting ready to go get my workouts done. I skipped working out yesterday because we've been doing so much "power-shopping" through all the malls the past 2 days getting new clothes for the boys:laugh: Has wore me out!! I think we have 1 or 2 more trips, then done...I HOPE:noway: Teenagers are soooo picky about their clothes!:grumble: Anyway, have a great day everyone and a lovely Valentines Day tomorrow:heart:
    ~Roni
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Is there ANY way you can get to a doctor, Marla? I really am worried about this since you have the heart problem anyways... I don't like it one bit.

Not right now-- I'm not crazy about it, either-- we'll see. :frown:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I am really, really, really trying to talk myself out of soda right now. I just ate my lunch at work and it would be so good right now.

I never thought it would be good to be too lazy to get up and walk down to the machine. :grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I am really, really, really trying to talk myself out of soda right now. I just ate my lunch at work and it would be so good right now.

I never thought it would be good to be too lazy to get up and walk down to the machine. :grumble:

Do some jumping jacks at your desk until the craving passes. You can do it, Shuntae!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just stopped in to say hi...getting ready to go get my workouts done. I skipped working out yesterday because we've been doing so much "power-shopping" through all the malls the past 2 days getting new clothes for the boys:laugh: Has wore me out!! I think we have 1 or 2 more trips, then done...I HOPE:noway: Teenagers are soooo picky about their clothes!:grumble: Anyway, have a great day everyone and a lovely Valentines Day tomorrow:heart:
    ~Roni

Oh, how I'm not looking foward to those days! Hope your workout went well today!