Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey team--

Sara, thanks for the challenge to give up a vice. I've had a good week minus the bittching that has become all too pervasive in my character lately. I also had transcribed something earlier this week which really touched me about prayer, et cetera-- so I've been rather enjoying that this week. I won't get into a big spiritual, philosophical thing here-- but wanted to give you the heads up in particular, because you've been such a dear about it.

Heading to exercise then to Walmart to shop for 11 year old daughter-- she wears so many hand-me-downs and yet clings to her "own" stuff that was bought for her rather than pass it on, being the middle of five girls, that she was found the other day in these baggy jeans that were way too big and falling down on her, and a super tight white t-shirt that should now belong to the nine year old-- long story short, she looked like an overweight plumber-- so, off we go to buy her some stuff of her own. Fingers crossed that I can find "modest" stuff. I REALLY hate the clothes they sell for kids that make them look like Madonna wannabes-- I'd like non-trashy daughters, thank you very much.

okay-- off the soap box--

NOT giving up on this #$@! BL challenge-- I have to believe EVENTUALLY this weight is going to come back. I can't do anything else. I've tried everything. So-- I'm gonna head out to exercise, continue to count my calories, drink moderate water-- and keep plugging away at this, and try not to let the frustration get me down.

Later team!!!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Is it bad that I know George Carlin as Mr. Conductor from Shining Time Station that I used to watch as a kid?

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that remembers that! YAY!:laugh:

Well, okay trivia fans-- who remembers who the conductor was BEFORE Mr. Carlin on Shining Time Station???

Wouldn't that be Ringo Starr? I know he was in there somewhere, but don't remember when for sure ...

No more calls, Trivia Fans-- Tresa here wins--

edit-- fudgesicles-- but naturally, the photo I found on photobucket won't display here-- but, yes, indeed the Beatles drummer himself, with the teeny-weeny talent played the teeny-weeny conductor--

BUT--

did you know this man also played him-- unreal-- I think in some movie or something--

edit again-- [DAMMMMM!!!!! My Alec Baldwin as Mr. Conductor picture won't work either-- damn, damn, damn!!]

Who knew Baldwin could say anything to kids other than "you're nothing but a rude, thoughtless little pig and when I come there, I'm gonna straighten you out??"

Go figure.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Soo... hmm... I had a little extra money this paycheque and was daydreaming about a heart monitor... when I noticed that a local store was selling Polar F6's for $120...

I've been wanting one for two months... so I kind of went and bought it. Am playing with it now and testing my 'resting' rate. Heh. Kind of...

RANDOM INFO FTW.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Yay for the Polar F6 ... I LOVE my li'l pink friend!!

So far this challenge isn't going so well. I am at my mom's house where I don't have a lot of the food I usually eat, so I have eaten crackers yesterday and today. The good news is that they were the Wheat Thins Fiber Selects crackers, so they were good for me, and I only ate what I put out to start with. Where I get in trouble with them is when I sit down with the box. Oh no ... very bad!!! :noway: :grumble: :noway:

So anyway ... I did completely ignore the multitude of desserts at the artists' retreat I went to today, so I'm feeling good about that.

All right ... this ancient computer is just too annoying ... that's all folks!

Have a great rest of the weekend ... I might pop back in when my patience builds back up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:heart: tresa
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Just a shout out to the team before I crash - so tired today.

Marla - hang in there hun, we are rooting for you, and will be here whenever you need to soapbox. I have a good feeling about you this coming week...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Nicky - enjoy your polar - I love my little pink buddy too, even though it tells me I'm not burning as many calories as I thought. Keeping me honest. Hope you are feeling better..

teresa - nice job avoiding the sweets - you are stronger than I, by far..

sara - I so love this challenge, but seriously crave some soy ice cream right now...

lynnie - hope your week is going better..

everyone I missed - god bless and good night - you guys are all great motivation..

Have a great night all.. janie
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :D

So, interesting stuff. My resting heart rate is 58bpm. A little more then I thought but still cool.
    Resting calories are 100 cals per hour.
    I burn 700 calories at my 'second' job, when minusing the resting calories that leaves 300 calories! No wonder I've been hungry. ;)

Um, what else? OH! I had a 'heart flutter' tonight while playing and noticed that my heart rate went down by about 10 beats, then jumped up by 20 beats, then settled back to the 60s. Weird weird stuff. :)
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You should mention that to your dr. the next time you go. My grandpa had problems like that for years (except his heart rate would soar up past 120 bpm after the flutter) and he finally got it fixed a few years ago. One nerve on his heart was overactive & they had to go in & zap it with a laser. IT was very StarWars-esque. LOL

Good luck resisting the urge, Janie! You can do it!

Tresa - love the new pic! Glad you did well resisting the sweets at the resort! What kind of art do you do?
  • janiebeth
    Options
    :heart: :heart: Happy Valentines Day team...

Hope you all had a lovely day..

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

janie
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Black Team!!!

Sorry I have been so quiet lately I just haven't had a whole lot to say. This challenge has me working really hard to not eat PB. I am realizing that I have a major addiction to PB and that is sad. I haven't worked out yet this week but I am down weight so hopefully in the next 3 days I can keep the weight off. Valentines day was ok. I worked in the AM hubs worked the PM so no romance there. Today he works until 4:30pm so hopefully I can get a workout when he gets home. then tomorrow morning and tuesday sometime.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday and fabulous one today!!
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Good morning team..

I have to admit a defeat on the challenge last night. We are traveling to MILs house (she has stage 4 lung cancer - although you wouldn't know it, she looks great), and DH went out to get everyone sundaes last night for Valentine's day.

I thought I was safe because he was going to Friendly's and they don't have sorbet or soy ice cream (I am lactose intolerant - so regular ice cream is out). However, because it was Valentines day, and he loves me so much, he went to the grocery and picked me up a pint of soy ice cream. :heart: :heart:

It was too sweet, so I had to give in.. only a 1/2 cup and it fit in my calories for the day..

Will be shredding today to work it off... :smokin: :smokin:

Otherwise doing pretty good.. hope everyone is having an active day.. 3 days to weigh in..

janie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so you can tell this challenge has been a total bust for me, cuz I have not come here to brag!!! I am now out of sweet and low and am working on getting rid of the equal.

What is good about this challenge Sara, is that you have made me think each time I drink a glass of iced tea with s/l. I have had water with lunch each day this week and reduced the Tea to less than before.

I am still a work in progress, that is for sure.

Still no weight loss. I increased my calorie intake. Trainer starts next week. We shall see.
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Hang in there jeannie. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I bet you see fantastic results once you start with the trainer. They are awesome and will get you focused on exactly what you need to see results.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I bet you see fantastic results once you start with the trainer. They are awesome and will get you focused on exactly what you need to see results.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

either that or I will be losing weight from chasing her butt around the gym for taking my money!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    That is one way or the other to get the exercise Jeannie! :laugh: :laugh:

Today is a new day and a new week and I am going to make the best of it. had a rough time yesterday, posted on here, left feeling very motivated and blew it again. UGH!!

Got up at 5 am and rode exercise bike for 30 minutes and will get a walk / run in today also.

On a more positive note, I am getting more sleep which I desperately needed so that is good.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

either that or I will be losing weight from chasing her butt around the gym for taking my money!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We :heart: ya Jeannie!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm staying away from the scale until Wed. I'm not expecting any loss. :grumble: I'm battling some infection now, to top everything else off ...some sinusy thing. So, I feel like crapola, no energy to exercise.

I've been great watching the calories, tho ....so, we shall see.

My face is still puffy, I look l I went 13 rounds with Mike Tyson...except I still have my ears. ha.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am having another hard day, I HAVE to go for a walk / run or I only have 100 calories left for the whole day. UGHH!!!! I am going to go burn 300 calories this afternoon and for accountablity will check back in.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am having another hard day, I HAVE to go for a walk / run or I only have 100 calories left for the whole day. UGHH!!!! I am going to go burn 300 calories this afternoon and for accountablity will check back in.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm staying away from the scale until Wed. I'm not expecting any loss. :grumble: I'm battling some infection now, to top everything else off ...some sinusy thing. So, I feel like crapola, no energy to exercise.

I've been great watching the calories, tho ....so, we shall see.

My face is still puffy, I look l I went 13 rounds with Mike Tyson...except I still have my ears. ha.

You def have me worried. Take care of yourself Marla:heart::heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Ok so you can go do some exercise and then have a nice dinner. No problem!! Let us know how it went!

I KNOW you can do this Amanda!!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: Jeannie