Could you eat McDonalds as part of a healthy diet?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    Nitpick? Asking for clarification is not exactly 'niptpicking' .. You keep talking in terms of daily caloric limits, I am talking in terms of a healthy source of those caloric needs. Your ideal of what is a healthy diet is somewhat different than any other that I have ever seen.

You seem to address the minimal requirements repeatedly but don't really clarify the source of those requirements. I get the impression that you don't think the source of the intake is important. A few vitamin and mineral supplements along with a burger and fries doesn't even register on my list of a daily healthy food choices...an occasional 'treat' maybe, but not a long term practice to attain a long term goal. But that's just me. What do I know?
    Again you're reading what you what to read. So I'll make it VERY clear now. If you get your essential protein from meats, dairy, vegetables, nuts, etc., your essential fats from nuts, fish, avocados, healthy oilsetc. your carbs from good complex sources both high and low in GI, your minerals and vitamins from all of the above, THEN eat whatever junk food you like, BUT stay within caloric limits, you should be fine.
    I'll even make it more clearer. Eat a good breakfast. Eat McDonald's for lunch. Eat a good dinner. Have good snacks. All meet RDA's for macronutrients and vitamins and minerals. Don't exceed calorie limit.

Don't see how much more clearer it has to be now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition