cruel people

Options
we all know them. what are the cruel things people had said to you about your weight, or your height, or just you?

Replies

• Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband told me one time that the reason we didn't go out anymore is because I was too fat to be seen in public. :frown:
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband told me one time that the reason we didn't go out anymore is because I was too fat to be seen in public. :frown:

Good thing that he's an EX! You deserve so much better than that!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

He truly deserves to be an ex!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Very much a blessing he is my EX! I love me no matter what I weigh! and so does my current Husband!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I ran into an acquaintance I hadn't seen for over a year, and she apparently was flabbergasted over my recent weight loss-

and the first couple compliments were nice and appreciated....but after about the 10th time of saying,

"I can't get over it- Wow-I mean- you have lost a TON of weight...I mean, you REALLY look good now..."

By then, I was fighting every urge in my body not to deck her.
    (biting my tongue, thinkin...."just exactly how repulsed WERE you by me before?")
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    My own mother? Does that count? She's so nice to me in front of other people, but if/when we are alone, she's nasty.
    She's overweight herself and it is EATING her up inside that I am losing weight (through a lot of hard work). She does everything she can to sabotage me, but if someone is around she's all "doesn't Monique look great?". I sweat a lot when I workout, and just in general if I get hot. I guess it's a mild form of hyperhydrosis. She told me as a teen (age 12), that I sweat because I'm fat. Ya, sorry mom, not the case because years later I was super thin and fit and guess what?!? I sweat. The other day I said "my pants are falling down, I need new jeans", she said " oh, give your old ones to your sister, oh.. no wait... she's thinner than you. Nevermind". That's not even the half of the things she says on a daily basis. She steals 100 cal snacks that I painstakingly put into little baggies so that my portions are all evened out, she throws tantrums if I don't eat her 1000 cal lasagna for supper (I happily make my own little omelet, I've never asked her to change for me), and she offers me cake, pie, apple crisp, muffins, chocolate you NAME it, several times a day. This is all after we had a HUGE talk about my goals, my needs, my health concerns... none of it sinks in. I was eating popcorn the other evening and she said "How are you hungry, you eat so much". (bite my tongue, bite my tongue... thinking, and I burn at least 400 cals off EVERY day through exercize)

OK, my vent is over, but my mother made me feel very ugly and fat for most of my life. That felt good, thanks for asking. Now, back at ya! You answer!
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    Options
    Well kids are cruel and I've been overweight most of my like so this is some stuff I remember from back in elementary and junior high. In High school people generally just stare at me so nothing specific from there. Some insults that stick out more:

The reason we all hate you is because you're so fat.
    Your fatness might be contagious so go away.
    Only pigs are fat, so you must be a pig.
    You're so nasty! Who the %^$# (Insert the f word) would want to be with you?
    You shouldn't do swimming for gym class because you'd gross people out.
    I don't want to be your friend because you're fat.
    You're such a fat pig.

My dad has said some mean things too.
    And some people wondered why I hated school but loved learning. :(
  • moniquelessard
    Options

Agreed! ^^

My ex posted on FB for all to see "Lost 200 pounds this summer and it feels great!"

This was after I left him for hitting me in the face while I was breastfeeding our 3 week old baby. I left when she was 4 weeks old. Yeah so, he was referring to me. I was the 200 pounds. Awful huh.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Well kids are cruel and I've been overweight most of my like so this is some stuff I remember from back in elementary and junior high. In High school people generally just stare at me so nothing specific from there. Some insults that stick out more:

You're such a fat pig.

People can be so mean. Karma is a b!tch though, it will come back to them somehow. I hope you know that everything they said was not a reflection of you. It was a reflection of the ugliness inside of THEM. xo
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    Options

People can be so mean. Karma is a b!tch though, it will come back to them somehow. I hope you know that everything they said was not a reflection of you. It was a reflection of the ugliness inside of THEM. xo

It took me a long to figure that out. But thanks. :smile:
    I still go to school with some of these people and after listening to them talk about how little they exercise and the food they eat, they are great examples for skinny-fat. I think (Perhaps even hope. :blushing: ) that they will have slow metabolisms in the future and learn how much words hurt.
  • lucylue21
    Options
    okay. someone sang to me once "cause shes a FAT girl"

oh and my sister use to pinch the fat under my chin and say "gobble gobble gobble. Who is a fat turkey?!" i hated it soo much
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    My own mother? Does that count? She's so nice to me in front of other people, but if/when we are alone, she's nasty.
    She's overweight herself and it is EATING her up inside that I am losing weight (through a lot of hard work). She does everything she can to sabotage me, but if someone is around she's all "doesn't Monique look great?". I sweat a lot when I workout, and just in general if I get hot. I guess it's a mild form of hyperhydrosis. She told me as a teen (age 12), that I sweat because I'm fat. Ya, sorry mom, not the case because years later I was super thin and fit and guess what?!? I sweat. The other day I said "my pants are falling down, I need new jeans", she said " oh, give your old ones to your sister, oh.. no wait... she's thinner than you. Nevermind". That's not even the half of the things she says on a daily basis. She steals 100 cal snacks that I painstakingly put into little baggies so that my portions are all evened out, she throws tantrums if I don't eat her 1000 cal lasagna for supper (I happily make my own little omelet, I've never asked her to change for me), and she offers me cake, pie, apple crisp, muffins, chocolate you NAME it, several times a day. This is all after we had a HUGE talk about my goals, my needs, my health concerns... none of it sinks in. I was eating popcorn the other evening and she said "How are you hungry, you eat so much". (bite my tongue, bite my tongue... thinking, and I burn at least 400 cals off EVERY day through exercize)

OK, my vent is over, but my mother made me feel very ugly and fat for most of my life. That felt good, thanks for asking. Now, back at ya! You answer!

Wow. That is exactly how my mom is. Another thing she tells me if I sit on her couch is "Wow Devan - why must you sit down with all your weight?" She will also tell me, "I can hear you stomping around with all your weight. Can you try to walk lighter.. if that's possible?"

All I have to say is thank god for my boyfriend. He always knows how to calm me down or help me forget it. They're just mean words and karma will come back to them. In the meantime I use that frustration to do an even longer workout.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    the cruelest person in my life has been the person in the mirror.

No one has said more mean things to me than myself.

That's been the hardest thing in this journey- UNfriending THAT person.
  • hallo_chief
    hallo_chief Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had to ride the bus all throughout high school due to convenience and money and the little ones on there were downright nasty.
    I've been moo'd at, called ugly and disgraceful, even disgusting. They'd hold their noses when I'd walk by - I lived on a pig farm and showered every day, it just made me roll my eyes.

When I was a junior and senior in high school, people in the jr. and sr. grades would question my sexuality based upon my looks and hair length which I found - and still find - none of their business. A girl who even considered me her 'best friend' called me 'scarring' when we were trying on swimsuits, insulted my intelligence and constantly threw weight in my face but I would always hold my tongue thinking 'she's my friend, she doesn't mean it'.
    I finally grew tired of it and I don't talk to her anymore - it relieved a lot of the stress she caused me.

I've also always been considered very masculine, which makes me afraid to lose too much weight for fear that it may increase that. I admitted to a friend that I wanted to be a ballerina when I was younger and she laughed and said it'd be ridiculous with my manly shoulders.
    It's nothing dramatic or as hurtful as what I know many others have experienced but it really affected my thinking. Ever since I was younger, I've had body image issues, and even struggled with an eating disorder, so my self image has always been a bit skewed and easily negatively manipulated.
  • moniquelessard
    Options

Wow. That is exactly how my mom is. Another thing she tells me if I sit on her couch is "Wow Devan - why must you sit down with all your weight?" She will also tell me, "I can hear you stomping around with all your weight. Can you try to walk lighter.. if that's possible?"

All I have to say is thank god for my boyfriend. He always knows how to calm me down or help me forget it. They're just mean words and karma will come back to them. In the meantime I use that frustration to do an even longer workout.

MY BOYFRIEND TOO! He says all the right things, lets me vent, and tells me I'm beautiful. He doesn't comment on my weight (good or bad) and that sends me the message that he accepts me for me. And I agree about the workout. An angry run usually ensues after a run-in with my mom. :D (whereas eating used to be my coping mechanism). We're both on the right track! :)
  • hallo_chief
    hallo_chief Posts: 23 Member
    Options

You're such a fat pig.

It makes me happy to see that you love learning (:
    People focus so much on silly things that they don't take the time to really see how sweet and smart someone is. You're a strong person to go through all that and stick it out. You go girl!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My brother is generally awesome - but he has said and done some pretty unpleasant things. When we were younger he made up a song with his friends and used to follow me around singing 'DO THE JESSIE WOBBLE" followed by some noises and stomping around and UGH it was so embarrassing. Then the other day I mentioned in passing that I could be worse looking and he said 'yeah, I guess lately ...' and it's like HOW HIDEOUS WAS I BEFORE?!

I have mentioned before the boy at school that stopped me in the middle of the sidewalk and told me dead seriously that I was an embarrassment and shouldn't consider myself a woman. That was the worst from school folk, just because of the sincerity.

My grandma is really great at passive aggressive digs. Once while out at a restaurant my meal was the last to come and was taking a while and my aunt asked if I minded that everyone had started without me. As I went to answer my grandma piped in with 'it's okay, she will CERTAINLY catch up'. Just that sort of thing, constantly.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Because people did not see me during my weight loss at 112 pounds size 8 they said I was too skinny. Sorry, when people are a size 1, size 8 is a far cry at 112 pounds. This made me feel bad with all the hard work I have put forth. Why not say, " You look great. You did well."
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My ex husband liked to call me fat and lazy. I was a stay at home mom raising our daughter during constant military deployments. I wasn't even THAT big. But whatever made him feel better..I eventually got strong enough to leave the jerk. :smile:
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    the cruelest person in my life has been the person in the mirror.

No one has said more mean things to me than myself.

That's been the hardest thing in this journey- UNfriending THAT person.

YES. That is exactly like me. It's been a tough road accepting who I am inside AND out, but I am amazed how much happier I am now that I have more inner peace. It makes all the difference! :)