A different way to set up MFP goals - that WORKS!

Options

Replies

• CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i already have my goals set to my maintnence calorie :), i put at the bottom in the notes what my ACTUAL calorie goal is, then at the end of the week i can actually see how much my deficit is total, plus i know im not goin over maintness cals therfore im stil at a deficit
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I have a question because I am a little bit confused when trying to set this up for myself.....

when you say you should never eat less than your BMR... are you talking about net calories or total calories???
    Because If you are netting 1000 calories... that's obviously below your BMR.

and say I burn more than 600 calories (which I do most days).. how much are those calories are you eating back? just enough to net 1000 calories??

I'm confused as well. :tongue:
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a question because I am a little bit confused when trying to set this up for myself.....

when you say you should never eat less than your BMR... are you talking about net calories or total calories???
    Because If you are netting 1000 calories... that's obviously below your BMR.

and say I burn more than 600 calories (which I do most days).. how much are those calories are you eating back? just enough to net 1000 calories??

BMR is minimum ACTUAL calories. Yes, on heavy workout days I net about 1000 if I want a 1000 calorie deficit. But I usually netted around 1200 - 1300. If I didn't workout, my net would be 1600. It's kind of like zig zagging but you do it with your exercise. I found this week I can only net 1000 a few days in a row and then I feel it on my runs. If I then have a day where I net a little higher, I feel better and have more energy. Just make sure you have an accurate calorie burn for the workouts you do. She told me its a pretty standard calculation for running or walking (for me it's 110 calories a mile - well now 108 a mile bc I'm 158, not 160 :)
  • kya101
    kya101 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm going to give this a try!!!
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    bump...printing off later to figure out my stats.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    do you manually log your exercise on MFP? or do you just set your MFP goal and not log the exercise -- therefore not changing the goal depending on how many calories you are supposed to 'eat back'?
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    do you manually log your exercise on MFP? or do you just set your MFP goal and not log the exercise -- therefore not changing the goal depending on how many calories you are supposed to 'eat back'?

nevermind...i can see that you do log exercise....!
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bumpty bump
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. So MFP says my BMR is 1367 and Maintenance is 1850. So I need to NET between these 2 numbers? Is that correct?
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    bump to read later!
  • emyback68
    Options
    bump
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is what I've started doing. I started about two weeks ago, I was just to tried to make it through my workouts in 1200 cals. I have roughly ten lbs left to lose, or the rest of the jiggle : )

Because I'm working more with weights than cardio, I'm starting to see a measurement difference. The scale isn't moving at all, but the clothes are looser. Staying at my BMR or just above is working for me.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting. I'm going to give it a try, i'm not a runner so I will just have to up all the other exercise. I need to break this plateau pronto!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    :embarassed:
    bump

Interesting - and by the way - what does bump mean???? ::frown: :
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    :embarassed:
    bump

Interesting - and by the way - what does bump mean???? ::frown: :

It's just something people do so that when they go to the "My topics" tab it will show up as a topic they commented on, so they can go back and read it again. :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    "bump" means you posted in a thread and can go back to it easily by clicking on "My Topics".

So, I think I might give this a try and here's what I did:

Prev cal goal 1260

BMR 1405
    Maint 1760

NEW CAL Goal 1450

I will NEVER burn 1000 calories in one day but I can do around 300-400.

So, if I have this right, I will be striving to NET 1450 each day but won't worry about it if my ACTUAL is 1450 on exercise days.

Is that basically it?