A different way to set up MFP goals - that WORKS!

Options

Replies

• rigdonia
    rigdonia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very helpful info thanks!
  • mlmcquinn
    Options
    Wow. That is a lot of math and acronymns. I am cutting and pasting like crazy to work it out on paper. Intriguing.
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    lol, saving this to figure out tomorrow when my brain didn't already go to sleep. i've been here like a month and a half and not losing squat for some reason. in other words what i've been doing ain't working- time to change!!
    may i please add you as a friend (so i can peek at your logs and figure out this math tomorrow).
    THANK YOU!!! :)
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Immensely confused here.
  • Ddietzz
    Ddietzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 622beech
    622beech Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lol, saving this to figure out tomorrow when my brain didn't already go to sleep. i've been here like a month and a half and not losing squat for some reason. in other words what i've been doing ain't working- time to change!!
    may i please add you as a friend (so i can peek at your logs and figure out this math tomorrow).

Sure - and if you want to send or post your info, I can figure out your numbers for you. All I need is your weight and MFP's calculation for BMR :)
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Interesting
  • MsWhiteParks
    Options

Sure - and if you want to send or post your info, I can figure out your numbers for you. All I need is your weight and MFP's calculation for BMR :)

Would you be an absolute star and work mine out too please? I'm allergic to numbers at the best of times, throw a new born in the mix and POOOOOF my brain turns to mush! :-/

X
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Interesting.
  • MsWhiteParks
    Options
    Ps. I weigh 159 and my BMR on here is 1581!!

X
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I want to try it.
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

X

So you should set your MFP calorie goal to 2055.
    Try to stay around 1590 calories per day, whether you workout or not.
    If you burn over 535 calories in a day, eat the surplus of those calories: example - if you burn 700, you have a TDEE of 2755, so you need to eat at least 1755 calories that day.
  • MsWhiteParks
    Options

X

So you should set your MFP calorie goal to 2055.
    Try to stay around 1590 calories per day, whether you workout or not.
    If you burn over 535 calories in a day, eat the surplus of those calories: example - if you burn 700, you have a TDEE of 2755, so you need to eat at least 1755 calories that day.

Thank you so much :-) I shall attempt to get my fuzzy lil brain round that :-) OR I have just found another perfect excuse not to exercise...so I know my exact cal numbers already? Mwhahaha It really is ANY excuse with me!

Again though, thank you!

X
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Interesting method. I do something similar but with bodymedia fit numbers.

One thing I didn't see mention of was the macronutrient targets. MFP standards are a bit low on protein IMO. I personally aim for 1g/lb of LBM for protein minimum & .4g/lb of BW for fat minimum. SO I set the %'s in MFP to my minimums & make sure I end up in the red.
  • happymommy40
    Options
    Bumpily bump bump
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump I like this formula
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Bump