Shredding the Holidays-Start Nov. 28

Replies

• Count me in! I did my cardio today, but will start the 30 day shred tomorrow a.m. I need to get back into a routine, so I think will be the ticket to keep me accountable and motivated!
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Got up early because I know i wouldn't have time later. I have to get my 15yo up for school so he can catch the bus to school. It picks him up right out front as he is a special needs child and in a cognitive disability class. Then i got to make sure my 17yo is up for school as well. He will take the car. Then my twins need to get ready and i'll have to take them to school by 8:15. Come home get my 2 yo in the bath and head to bible class by 9:30. Ends at about 11. Then run some errands and take lunch to my dh at work. Then come home and wait for 1:15 when I have to drive my oldest to his orthodontist appt about 45 minutes away. So yep a very busy day for me!

But it feels awesome to know it's not even 7am yet and I did a workout!

L1 Day 2 complete.

I was able to do more of the jumping jacks today. Still had trouble with the jump rope exercise. I was sweating so much i had to pause it and grab a small towel. lol

Steph_135 I like that feeling as well, but it does annoy me when i have to get off the couch. It's lower and i can feel the pull.

Magzilla08 WTG to get your family involved as well! I will probably get my oldest ds to try it as he wants to get more tone. He's over 6'3" and 175 pounds.

acoleman3 Getting back in to the routine I find to be one of the hardest things to do, but glad your getting back! How'd day one go?
  • Started Sat with 5 lb weights. I did it Sat and Mon night. Feeling the pain! But a great workout. I plan to do it every other day, with just cardio on the days in between, and somewhere in there, a rest day. Just think how awesome we will all be by Christmas!
    That's the attitude!! :drinker:

mom2pne... I love when my abs feel the workout! Makes me feel like stretching all day. :happy: Good for you!

jenergy_20... No worries! As long as you keep coming back. :bigsmile: I've been at this round since SEPTEMBER! I'm finally pushing it through to the end again. Be careful with your knee. I have ankle pain sometimes, so I just keep it low-impact with no/less jumping, ie. jumping jacks with just the arms and a set with the foot out to the right, centre, left, centre. Nothing wrong with that!

banff18... Take it easy. See what I said to jenergy above. :flowerforyou:

Konpeito... Some people sweat less in general. I'm NOT one of you. :laugh:

rhwetjen... Yep. About 200 calories per 25 mins for me. Depends how hard you push it, and in my experience, how tired your muscles are (which lowers it for me). I usually add 30 mins of cardio of sorts to feel like I've done some significant burning.

Thanks Steph.. :flowerforyou: With my knee I do modify the jumping jacks exactly as you said. :smile: Fast feet also works for the butt kickers, anything with less impact that keeps you moving. Its progress over perfection........ always!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Got up early because I know i wouldn't have time later. I have to get my 15yo up for school so he can catch the bus to school. It picks him up right out front as he is a special needs child and in a cognitive disability class. Then i got to make sure my 17yo is up for school as well. He will take the car. Then my twins need to get ready and i'll have to take them to school by 8:15. Come home get my 2 yo in the bath and head to bible class by 9:30. Ends at about 11. Then run some errands and take lunch to my dh at work. Then come home and wait for 1:15 when I have to drive my oldest to his orthodontist appt about 45 minutes away. So yep a very busy day for me!

But it feels awesome to know it's not even 7am yet and I did a workout!

Wow! You do have a busy day! I'm staring down the barrel of one of those, too. I will get it done!

Welcome to Everyone! I'm not good with names.:blushing: I'm very glad to see so many people of joined in with us. It really does help to have friends on the journey.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member

L1 Day 2

I was able to do more of the jumping jacks today. Still had trouble with the jump rope exercise. I was sweating so much i had to pause it and grab a small towel. lol

Steph_135 I like that feeling as well, but it does annoy me when i have to get off the couch. It's lower and i can feel the pull.

Magzilla08 WTG to get your family involved as well! I will probably get my oldest ds to try it as he wants to get more tone. He's over 6'3" and 175 pounds.

acoleman3 Getting back in to the routine I find to be one of the hardest things to do, but glad your getting back! How'd day one go?

Wow, what a busy day. Well done for getting up early to do this, you are an inspiration!
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    tackled L1 D2 last night! so excited to keep doing this! :happy:
  • CricketKate
    tackled L1 D2 last night! so excited to keep doing this! :happy:

AWESOME!
  • CricketKate
    L1, D3: Finished

I always seem to forget the cardio on circuit 3. I will be doing those anterior shoulder raises (which I hate, by the way) and I will think, "If I can just finish these, then I will be down doing abs.' And then when I finish, she expects me to be able to raise my arms doing jumping jacks:tongue:
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    L1/D4 completed!!

Day 1&2 I was so sore, day 3 I felt great, but today oh, boy it was a struggle, but hey I DID it!!!

I also had to tighten my HRM strap by about an inch, it was too loose today!!!
  • tcfamj100
    tcfamj100 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, I'm pretty new to MFP and I just started the 3DS today. Would love to join your group and gain any support I could.
  • tcfamj100
    Does anyone know how to count Level 1 in your daily exercise tracker. Thanks.
  • CricketKate
    Does anyone know how to count Level 1 in your daily exercise tracker. Thanks.

Welcome! I think that most people (if they don't have a heart rate monitor) log it under circuit training.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    I am starting this evening also! I never have made it past 5 days I am use to such an exciting workout at my gym it is like watching paint dry for me I know this works and I want to be consistent so I am trying again.
  • Level 1 day 3 check! It is amazing how much better I was at it today than I was yesterday. It feels great to know that it is working and I feel like I can notice already but then I think that it might be too soon to notice any physical changes right. But as long as I feel this good who cares lol
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    I feel fabulous after Day 3 L1...vacuumed the entire house afterward, of course I got in my protein right after that intense workout...

Love the core :tongue:
  • Level 1 Day 3 finished~ :D My knees hurt but I'm doing fine~

Still not sweating though (In fact I have goose bumps right now...) am I doing something wrong I don't take any breaks and I do the harder version of the exercises. Maybe I just need to wear a jacket aswell when I do it or maybe turn the heater on...?
  • Level 1 Day 3 in the bag! I'm feeling good, did 25 mins treadmill warm up 1st.

I see there are a bunch of L1D3's completed.... WTG!!

konpeito I always turn my ceiling fan on in the middle of the workout .

hooah_mj What kind of protein powder do you drink, if you dont mind sharing?
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I did D9 L2 today. ONE MORE! I think I might take a breather from the Shred tomorrow and do Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism (BFBM, another JM DVD) tomorrow instead. I only burned 165 calories with the Shred today. L2 used to give me calorie burns of 230!!! So I think my muscles need a break, and BFBM is (IMO) more intense, more varied, and more cardio, as well as clearly being longer, which I think I need. I hope my muscles don't expect the day OFF!! :bigsmile:

mom2pne... AMAZING schedule!! :drinker: I hope you feel dang proud that you are getting in this important workout time for yourself in as well!! (PS - My towel is also on standby every workout!)

jenergy_20... Oh sweet! Fast feet instead of butt kicks? I should totally do that too - they hurt/bother my ankles/knees sometimes, so that'd be a great switch! Great job warming up before the workout! I always think of doing that, but just wanna get to the main stuff.

Kate... I always forget about that cardio too for some reason, BUT I think the jumping jacks feel good after the arm workout, cause you're just throwing them around really. :tongue:

Tricia82... That feeling will show in your confidence level before your body! :bigsmile: Your insides are thanking you.

Konpeito... I get really cold after my workouts. :ohwell: Today was pretty good cause I had the heat on before I started for a little while, so my room wasn't freezing.
  • tcfamj100
    I just finished L1 D2, I was very sore this morning and didn't realize how out of shape I am. I hope I can stick with it for 30 days. I'm real good at doing something for a week or so and then somehow it gets pushed to the side. Hopefully posting this daily will keep me accountable.

Thanks Kate for letting me know how to track this exercise.

Have a great day.
  • CricketKate
    I just finished L1 D2, I was very sore this morning and didn't realize how out of shape I am. I hope I can stick with it for 30 days. I'm real good at doing something for a week or so and then somehow it gets pushed to the side. Hopefully posting this daily will keep me accountable.

Thanks Kate for letting me know how to track this exercise.

Have a great day.

You're welcome. I think irf you did day 2 that you are off to a great start! The first time I did the Shred back in January, I was so sore after day 1 that doing day 2 was the last thing on earth that I wanted to do. However, once I convinced my sore tired body to do it, I felt like I could keep up with it. It only gets better.