December-Day by Day Challenge--OPEN GROUP!!!

Options

Replies

• valleriv
    valleriv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Goals:
    1 - Limit alcohol intake to 2 glasses of wine (Holiday Party tonight - wish me luck!)
    2 - Choose healthy food options
    3 - Exercise
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I completed my goals yesterday!
    Today I will
    1. finish P90X workout -complet
    2. Stay under calorie goal
    3. Drink 6 cups of water
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    I almost got all my goals met. Was a little short on the water.

Goals for tomorrow

water water and more water
    get my stair squats in
    call my mom
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for December 3:
    1. Water!--Yes.
    2. Gentle workout or a walk for at least 30 minutes.--Yes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal!!!!--No. (Closer, though.)

We went to my neighbor's Holiday Open House yesterday evening. Very nice and good people. I did really well on my food choices and had 1 light beer. Had a few too many pretzels later, though--I should have made some popcorn instead!

The decorating is finished and the cards are started. Hope to finish them today.

My knee is feeling a LOT better--another day (maybe 2) of gentle walking--I do NOT want it hurting for Christmas!

Welcome, Rhce40. :flowerforyou: You've found a good group to belong to!

Goals for December 4:
    1. Water!
    2. Gentle workout or a walk for at least 30 minutes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal!!!!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing success! I am a 59 yr old grandmom, as well, but the scale has completely stalled on me! My dr. said to up the fiber so do you have any tips on what to include? More apples, salads, Metamucil? Ha! Have a great weekend :):)

My success was more amazing 6 months age when I only had 35 pounds to go instead of 60! I let life get the better of me and am in the process of taking charge again!

I love apples--they don't cost much and are good for you. I have also been keeping high-fiber cereal (Shredded Wheat, etc.) in so I can have a bowl if I want to snack. That seems to help more than anything.
    Air-popped popcorn is good, too. Just watch what you add--I sometimes use a butter spray but mostly I use various spices, depending on my mood!
    We also like to have salad almost every day but the price of lettuce is very high here--spinach is a decent price still so we've been using that--extra iron, too!
    I don't use supplements unless I need to. I don't think it is good for your body and I feel it is better to get your nutrients through food, if possible. That said--some medications make it necessary, so you should ask your doctor about that.

Good luck with your goals. Take it slow--you'll get there!
  • suey12000
    suey12000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wanna play too!! :smile: I am a 43 year old woman. I have recently taken up running again and have also recently purchased a device called a fitbit. It is excellent, especially for helping motivate towords the daily goals. i am 5'2 and 150 lbs. i want to get down to 120. one of my biggest challenges is smoking. i don't smoke during the day and don't want to. it's the end of the day that is the kicker. for some reason i want to have happy hour everyday. which means a pack of cigs :smokin: and enought alcohol:drinker: to wash it out of my throat. that is alot of calories:frown: . and then the next day i am starving because i haven't eaten enough real food so i eat too much. really crappy cycle. if i get home though and get my run in first thing, i can generally kill that craving, so that has been motivating.

My goals for today:
    stay under 1800 calories
    2.8 mile run (done)
    15000 total steps
    no smoking!!
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    I think that today I'm going to put down my goals for the whole week since they are pretty much the same everyday
    1. Complete week 7 of P90X
    2. Stay under 1500 calories at least most days this week
    3. Drink at least 6 glasses of water

I will try and check in each day to see how I did!!
    Have a great day everyone! :happy: ~Jessica
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Updates:

Did see loss this week (having a migrane and not wanting to eat)
    Workouts were missed over the weekend in favor of cleaning and holiday events back on track today
    WATER was also off this weekend
    Under on my numbers due to running and barely seeing my home this weekend. Hopefully to make good choices as the event schedule is packed for the month.
    I log it and its there....:blushing:
    Hopefully back in the morning with good news on Monday...

December Goals will remain the same all month.....

1. Workout Schedule consisting to no less than 5 workouts a week. If I get more that is a plus!
    2. WATER WATER and more WATER! The life juice....12 or more glasses a day :drinker:
    3. Calorie and CARB count under required daily allotments (HARD FOR THIS SEASON)
    4. LOG IT ALL! ADMIT WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH TO MYSELF!

Have a blessed day and Good Luck on your goals! :bigsmile:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy December!
    Friday my goals were:
    1. to get laundry folded & put away.
    2. Taky my dog for a walk this morning and then hit the gym to burn as close to 1000 calories as I can.
    3. Leave my house with my son's laptop & take it to him at school.

I copmpleted 2 of these goals.
    Damn, that laundry!!

Today my 3 goals are:
    1. 2 dogwalks & gym time to equal 1000 calories
    2. begin to make notes to leave to my kids when I leave them & go on a trip.
    3. Ignore laundry the best I can.

Wishing all of you the best today and this whole month!
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for December 4:
    1. Water!--Yes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal!!!!--Yes!

Sunday was a good day. Finished the gifts I need to send in the mail but still need to finish the cards. We also need to get some pictures printed to put in the cards. Hope to start on that today.

Goals for December 5:
    1. Water!
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.
  • Ready2Lose55
    Options
    Hi Everyone! The holidays are extremely challenging but I won't let them derail my efforts. My weightloss hasn't been that significant but with exercise I am losing inches and for me that's almost more important than what my scale says on a given day.

My goals for today:
    1. Exercise at Curves
    2. Reduce my snacking significantly (even though it is someones birthday at work)
    3. Stay in my calorie range

I'm over my feelings of complacency...I hope. It took some work to push through it but I think I have moved past it.
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I didn't post my goals today...and its just about over. But, I did a good job of keeping to my general goals. Since I sometimes don't get a chance to post until late in the day, I'm going to go ahead and post my intentions for tomorrow...Tuesday.

1. Don't eat the wrong things...but please, please, please, eat enough! Don't derail your progress with undereating!
    2. WATER. Drink it.
    3. Put on your trainers and go to the gym.

That's it!
  • sweet110
    Options
    Hi Pammy,

Fiber...apples and berries are a good source. Also...I really, really, really like flax seed meal. I add it to food (cereals, baked goods) and its great.
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    I reached my goals yesterday! Today they are the same! Workout is already done! Have a great day everyone! ~Jessica:happy:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy December!
    Monday my goals were:
    1.2 dogwalks & gym time to equal 1000 calories
    2. begin to make notes to leave to my kids when I leave them & go on a trip.
    3. Ignore laundry the best I can.
    *I completed ALL but one half of the first goal!! Laundry is done & put away!!

Today my 3 goals are:
    1. 2 dogwalks
    2. get some shopping done for my trip (which means unlogged walking and walking)
    3. stay under or at calorie goal as I don't plan on a big calorie burn

Wishing all of you the best today and this whole month!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I want in. :)

For me, today:

Get to the trainer at 11:30 and work out hard, add some cardio.

Make my water goal - 60 ounces - harder when its cold.

Spend 45 minutes on karate related stuff - practice techniques, kata, or do paperwork.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for December 5:
    1. Water!--Yes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.--No.

Welcome, Scarlett!:flowerforyou: Nice to have you here!

I guess yesterday wasn't as bad as it could have been, food-wise. I forgot all I know about not sampling the wares while baking! The cookies (new recipes) turned out very well, though. They are all put away now so temptation has been removed from sight!

Goals for December 6:
    1. Water!
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I just joined yesterday and I want in! I have had 3 kids in 5 years, the last was born in June and I have gained a lot of weight. I am ready to do this. I lost 23 lbs in 2009 with slim in 6 but that is all back on now. I love the support here!

My goals for today:
    1. Start the 30 day shred
    2. Eat cleaner foods
    3. Find some healthy dinner recipes ( I love to cook)
  • sweet110
    Options
    I didn't post my goals today...and its just about over. But, I did a good job of keeping to my general goals. Since I sometimes don't get a chance to post until late in the day, I'm going to go ahead and post my intentions for tomorrow...Tuesday.

1. Don't eat the wrong things...but please, please, please, eat enough! Don't derail your progress with undereating!
    2. WATER. Drink it.
    3. Put on your trainers and go to the gym.

That's it!

Goals Acheived! Except...I think I'm going a little gung in the "eat enough" category. Yeah...I think I'm OVER that problem now, LOL.

I really like posting my goals the day before. So, my goals for Wednesday are:

1. Go to the grocery store. Yes, you. Buy some protein that is not an egg before you start clucking.
    2. Experiment with lunch time fitness again. Either gym or a walk. You choose.
    3. Desserts are great things. But why don't you try *not* having one today.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for December 6:
    1. Water!-Yes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.--No.

Over on the carbs yesterday. Good thing I can start again today!
    My knee is feeling MUCH better and I'm glad because I am going out today and, since I don't drive, that always involves lots of walking!

Welcome to the group, JamzPurse! :flowerforyou: My grandson's b-day is in June--he is 17 months old now.

Sweet110--LOVE your goals for today! A sense of humor is a wonderful thing!

Goals for December 6:
    1. Water!
    2. Workout or a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes.