December-Day by Day Challenge--OPEN GROUP!!!

Options

Replies

• Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd love to start this. My name is Melanie, I am 31 and have three children. My 8 year old 3rd grader is homeschooled, I have a 5 year old in kinder, and an almost-2 year old. My younger two share a birthday that is coming up, dec 23.

I live near New Orleans which was just on a list for the fattest cities haha.

I have been having a ton of stress lately with things going on in my personal life and my husband's medical issues that are finally coming to light and being treated thanks to the VA finally getting off their butts. Living with some one who is going through treatment for PTSD and TBI is no easy feat. I have gained back about 5 pounds just in the past week and I know a lot of that is water weight from eating horribly and not drinking water instead of soda. I just ran out of coke 2 days ago and I've refused to buy it again.

Money issues have forced me to take my children out of their twice-weekly taekwondo classes.

So my goals for today are:
    1. keep a large glass of water nearby all day long and refill it at least 4 times.
    2. have PE class in my 8 year old's school day today that involves workouts from her TKD class and do everything with her.
    3. Finish cleaning out the 2 year old's dresser and donate all clothes that are too small.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would love to join this group if it's not too late.

My name is Betsy and I'm from central NY. Joined MFP back in September and I absolutely "love" this site. It keeps me motivated and accountable for everything I put in my mouth. I used to be a couch potatoe and now I'm very active, going to the gym at least 5-6 times a week taking zumba, sculpting, and kickboxing classes. I'm enjoying the mental and physical changes that are happening to me since I started my lifestyle changes. I'm making it my mission to live the rest of my life as a more healthy and fit person, for me and my family.

This group chat is a wonderful idea. So here goes...

Goals for Dec 7:
    1. Stay in my calorie range for the day (today is a day of rest from the gym so it's usually harder for me to do this)
    2. Choose healthy foods
    3. Make someone smile today

Good luck with your goals today! If anyone would like another friend for support and motivation please add me! :happy:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy December!
    Tuesday my goals were:
    1. 2 dogwalks
    2. get some shopping done for my trip (which means unlogged walking and walking)
    3. stay under or at calorie goal as I don't plan on a big calorie burn
    *I completed 2 of these goals, I have faith that I can do #3 today.

Today my 3 goals are:
    1. stay under or at calorie goal
    2. burn 1000 calories
    3. go buy my son's tickets to his football dinner! had all lastmonth & the dinner is this Friday!

Wishing all of you the best today and this whole month!
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Well, today was an epic FAIL. No goals achieved. But that's why I'm here. To take it day-by-day.

My goals for tomorrow:

1. Just say no to the wheat! You are sneezing and itching as you type this because of your little wheat adventure.
    2. Exercise. And do it in the morning before you can rat out of it.
    3. The cake and candy you ate today was sure tasty. And treats are wonderful things. Every once in a while. But no concentrated sugar tomorrow. Okay? Thank you.
  • Mhaney
    Options
    Hrm, I failed for the most part yesterday, really didn't get enough water. but I DID finish cleaning out that dresser.

Today:
    1. water
    2. clean out the desk
    3. finish a workout on the wii active 2

I wish it wasn't so cold, I'd go outside and do something. It's in the 30s here and I know that's not really "cold" for a lot of you but for us Cajuns this is like the apocolypse.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Goals for Dec 7:
    1. Stay in my calorie range for the day (today is a day of rest from the gym so it's usually harder for me to do this)
    2. Choose healthy foods

Happy Thursday! I've copied my goals from yesterday and 2 out of 3 ain't bad, right?

Here's to another day and another chance for 3 out of 3!
    Goals for Dec 8:
    1. Stay in my calorie range for the day (I was right about yesterday-I went over my 1200 calorie limit by 212-trying again today)
    2. Take Sophie and Nestle for a walk (my dogs)

Good luck with your goals today! If anyone would like another friend for support and motivation please add me!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Goals for December 7:
    1. Water!--Yes.
    2. Workout or a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes.--Yes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.--Yes.

Welcome to Mhaney and DDsMrs :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I do find that this group has helped me more than any other group on MFP! I hope it helps both of you, too.

I had a lovely day yesterday shopping downtown in both Olympia and Lacey (I live in Lacey which is a suburb of Olympia). I love the little shops AND the walking involved!

Goals for December 8:
    1. Water!
    2. Workout or a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy December!
    Wednesday my goals were:
    2. burn 1000 calories
    3. go buy my son's tickets to his football dinner! had all lastmonth & the dinner is this Friday!
    *I completed 2 of these goals, I almost made 1000!

Today my 3 goals are:
    2.get everything together so I can leave to Mexico in peace!!
    3. walk my dog twice because she will go without a walk for almost a week!

Wishing all of you the best today and this whole month!
  • sweet110
    Options
    Today, I was successful! Thank goodness.

My goals for tomorrow?

1. Don't give into my wheat yearning. Have some rice...its good too.
    2. Drink my water.
    3. Plan my dinner before I get hungry for it.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My goals for tomorrow, December 9th are

1. Burn 1000 calories
    2. Drink all my water
    3. eat cleaner!!!!
  • Mhaney
    Options
    ended up not doing anything today. I have SUCH a headache.
    tomorrow will be a repeat of today's goals

1. water
    2 clean out desk
    3 workout on the wii
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Updates:

Did see loss this week so I am excited
    Workouts were kept in pace with my 30 day challenge!
    WATER has been going well! 8 + cups a day
    My numbers have been off (There are so many temptations this month it just isnt FAIR! I am doing my best guys...)
    I log it and its there....:blushing:
    Hopefully back in the morning with good news on Monday...

December Goals will remain the same all month.....

1. Workout Schedule consisting to no less than 5 workouts a week. If I get more that is a plus!
    2. WATER WATER and more WATER! The life juice....12 or more glasses a day :drinker:
    3. Calorie and CARB count under required daily allotments (HARD FOR THIS SEASON)
    4. LOG IT ALL! ADMIT WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH TO MYSELF!

Have a blessed day and Good Luck on your goals! :bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for December 8:
    1. Water!--Yes.
    2. Workout or a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes. --Yes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.--No. (:cry: )

Better choices! I MUST make better choices!

Happy Friday to everyone! Have a great trip, lstnlondry!

Goals for December 9:
    1. Water!
  • sweet110
    Options
    Today, I was successful! Thank goodness.

My goals for tomorrow?

1. Don't give into my wheat yearning. Have some rice...its good too.
    2. Drink my water.
    3. Plan my dinner before I get hungry for it.

You know what I like about the daily goals thing? I always put something on there that I need to hear. Its not quite 2 pm here, and I logged onto MFP to check the forums, and here is everything I need to remember. Because: I haven't even had 3 glasses of water today; I'm out and with bad lunch planning I find myself wanting to go get a pastry or something and; I have no idea what I will eat for dinner...and since I'm hungry, without a plan, who knows what I would end up eating. So, now, I just have to remember my advice to myself for the rest of the day!

Have a good weekend folks.
  • Mhaney
    Options
    Today will be:
    1 water
    2 do a workout (either the wii or one of the dvds i have)
    3. clean out closet.

i am putting water on here every day until I get to the point where I can do it without having to think about it.
  • mvkrayola
    mvkrayola Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have been a diet yo-yo since high school. I just want to feel good about my appearance and to know I am emotionally and physically fit. I have been married almost 40 years. I have 2 grown children, 2 step-children, 12 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter. I have so much to enjoy. Good luck and God bless everyone.

Today:
    1. Go to water aerobics
    2. Clear off at least 1/2 of my table clutter
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
  • mvkrayola
    mvkrayola Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have been a diet yo-yo since high school. I just want to feel good about my appearance and to know I am emotionally and physically fit. I have been married almost 40 years. I have 2 grown children, 2 step-children, 12 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter. I have so much to enjoy. Good luck and God bless everyone.

Today:
    1. Go to water aerobics
    2. Clear off at least 1/2 of my table clutter
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water

I am going to keep my goals on a word document on my desktop and reflect at the end of each day. Then I will be able to keep a journal or my goals and my success. I am not perfect so this will help me to repost what I was not able to accomplish on a day (and that is the one-day-at-a-time) and try again.
  • Mhaney
    Options
    I have got to stay on top of the water today, but it's so hard to do when it's cold outside. My skin, especially my lips, are painfully dry and cracked. Yesterday I did finish cleaning out the closet so yay!

1. water
    2. FINISH CLEANING OUT THE EFFIN DESK THAT YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOR A WEEK.
    3. do a workout with the dvd i bought but never opened.
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I love the idea of DAILY goals. It definitely helps to build good, solid habits. I am 25 year old and in pharmacy school. I have aspirations to be successful in the fitness industry, but I have a history of emotional/mindless eating. Sometimes those bouts of overeating arise, and I continue to find ways to avoid that. When it all comes down to it, it's just about sticking to good habits everyday until it becomes second nature. These days particularly have been a bit hard for me--today I found some dark chocolate and ate 9 squares...so yeah, not good for my goals. I always speak to myself (hey you, you're going to feel like #@%(@ tomorow if you do this, or...hey! is this going to help you in your long term goals??!), but it seems I am good at ignoring that little voice. I do try to look at the good and say well, at least I am not giving up on myself completely, and I never will surrender!..so I need to give myself a bit of credit for that. Anywho, since I kind of sabotaged my good eating for the day, I will post other goals:

1). Prepare my meals for the week and write down goals
    2). Drink 3 L of water at the least
    3). Get my 1 hour of cardio done

I will report back tomorrow morning with some new goals for the day. Looking forward to continuing on in this thread! Good day to all, and keep those goals in mind (I will work on doing the same).
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for December 9: (and 10)
    1. Water! --Yes and Yes
    2. Workout or a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes. --No and Yes
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.--No and No

BAD couple of days! Again I let stress get the better of me! Friday was just a bad day all around and Saturday started with a call from one of my sisters in Arizona saying my mom had fallen.
    She fractured her right femur, right humerus and dislocated her right shoulder. She is having surgery this morning and I am having a hard time with all of this. I'd been a caregiver for a long time in the past and I know how many things can go wrong at her age (86) and physical condition (not the best!).
    I am trying my best to not let this affect my eating! Overeating will NOT help things! I need to remember that!

Welcome, mvkrayola! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I like your journal idea. I may try that but in a small notebook that I can carry with me.

Welcome to you, too, jowans2004! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I tend to ignore that little voice, too, that's why I'm here!

We will all succeed--I KNOW this!

Goals for December 11:
    1. Water!