Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Lovelies!

Abby – thank you for the birthday wishes!! Hopefully you have gotten your appetite back and are able to eat properly. I have been in that same boat. Although mine was a case of the stomach flu that my kids so kindly gave to me the weekend of my birthday. I have eaten about 2 full meals within 4 days. I am trying to take it slow.

Meag – You seem to be in a fantabulous mood and I hope that you are able to keep that all week long. I think you need some time in the kitchen!! That always did wonders for you and since you started working a “grown-up” job, there just hasn’t been time for that. Hopefully you can make time in the near future cause that seemed to be a great way to clear your head.

Meghan – welcome back girly!! Sounds like things are going very well for you!! I did those calculations for my own calorie intake and it said that I should be a little over 1700 calories. I don’t know that I would be ok with eating that much and being aware of it at least. I am sure that would be more for maintenance but if you are trying to lose, I imagine it would be less. I am nowhere close to maintenance so I couldn’t tell you.

Cynthia – hope you are having a better day today!!

Megan – yes…cooking up another human being can be taxing on your body but its such an amazing experience!! We always look forward to hearing from you so pop in when you can!!

AFM…my daughter had a case of the stomach flu around 11 on Wednesday night and my son had his round with it at 3 on Friday morning. I thought I was gonna be free and clear although I wasn’t feeling so hot on Friday (my birthday). Luckily it escaped me on my birthday but came back to haunt me on Saturday night. The boy (who shares the same bday as me) was hanging out with me all weekend and he managed to catch it as well. Although he recovered very quickly and I’m still not feeling 100%. I have been drinking tons of water, had a few crackers, only ate 2 meals in 4 days, and hoping for the best. I am sure I have lost some weight since then but I know its not healthy. I am hoping to slowly introduce healthy foods back into my diet and take this as an opportunity.

Quote of the day – “We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit.”
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Posting pretty late tough week @ work so far, uuggghhh!

Megan Thanks Megan! Trader Joes is kinda like a mini whole foods but a lot cheaper but yet still has good quality organic healthier food! Cheaper than Safeway or target sometimes. Thanks my day was actually still ****ty for many reasons but great for others so I guess all in all it was okay rather than ****ty.. Hope you're feeling better bronchitis is not fun especially before all the holidays and good job resisting those cake balls I would have ate one for sure i have a sweet tooth! btw Congrats on that 4.0 excellent job Miss Smarty! :wink:

Abby Thanks she has been dealing with this for about two years but has recently been getting worse preventing her from walking @ all... sucks but she is a trooper just another thing in life. Glad you're feeling better and running 10 miles in two days is excellent, good job on the weight loss but hope your appetite is back to normal! :smile:

Bethany sorry to hear you guys all got sick but good to know you're feeling a bit better, Happy belated b-day hope you had a great day! Love the quote so true, hang in there get some rest and I agree it's a good opportunity to introduce healthy food back into your diet! :smile:

Meg Having a baby grow in your body Im sure is exhausting I should stop complaining lol rant underneath.. You are not letting us down at all you have much more important things to focus on and glad you can check in with us and let us know how your doing so please don't feel like you let anybody down!!

Meag Hope you hear back from a job or two that would be nice that way you can get out of that hell hole your in, might start looking myself I have a stressful workplace I sometimes consider leaving too, seems like your being very positive something I should be doing lol glad you spin class was great with Crazy Carl!! :bigsmile:

AFM

Sunday I thankfully didn't drink too much Saturday night and so the hangover was mild very mild as in I didn't need aspirin for the tiny headache, but I had an awesome time Saturday and the turn out was great lots of friends and family, new profile pic with the new hair do, I get bored easily so change is a must!

Monday I did my now usual Vinyasa and I also finally ran 3.5 miles haven't ran in 2 weeks which might explain my fatigue and feeling out of it for about a week now hmm maybe, maybe not. Had a ****ty day @ work won't get into it but I have a mentally and sometimes physically straining job with all women in a semi-small space so that = frustration, defensiveness, cattiness and the list goes on.

Tuesday crappy day also did my Vinyasa class but wasn't as challenging as I would like it to be but Im getting to know which instructor kicks your *kitten*, which is what I want since I drive 15 mins there not including traffic and sometimes wake up at the crack of dawn like today, so I was expecting an *kitten* kicker and all I got was some stretching, new yoga instructor could be the reason why. Haven't been sleeping well, the boy is sick and I think Im getting sick too, on a good note today marks my 22nd day without coffee and I also had a massage done after work which I needed BIG TIME, feels like my body is crashing, like I could never sleep enough, work is stressful and just always feel run down like I want to check out for a bit. Don't feel too positive so thats it for me hoping tomorrow is a better day since today is my last day of being 27 uggh I never feel old cause i don't think Iam but today I DO! Negative Nancy checking out lol Hope you all have a much better day than I did and continue doing well until tomorrow lets make Wednesday a great day ( I'll take my own advice) :bigsmile: Good Night! Cynthia! :yawn:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bethany- Sorry to hear you all got sick! Hope you are feeling and get some rest :)

Cynthia-Sometimes negative nancy just has to come out. Awesome job on skipping the coffee, I seriously don't know if I could go without my morning cup of joe ! Sorry to hear your class wasn't as tough as you wished, it's funny what a range of intensity instructors can be at. Have a good rest of your week and hopefully you won't get sick !

AFM: day 3 of no soda, no fast food, and no sweets. It's starting to hit me but I know the cravings are only temporary and this change will actually last. Still feeling under the weather and my not so great news from the neurologist isn't helping the lack of motivation. I am becoming a postahic, so I am sure I will be on later for a self check update !

Hope everyone's afternoon is going well :)
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    did it, made myself do day 2 of 30 day shred! Didn't like it while doing it, but I feel better now that I did :)

day 3 of getting on track so christmas isn't complete chaos = success
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning all my 20-something friends! :bigsmile:

I've been awful at posting here recently but life is just way too busy and when I do get on here I'm typically just trying to do my best to keep up with my friends list and all their amazing achievements. Many of you have me as a "Pal" on here and I do try to keep in touch that way, so hopefully over the last few weeks I've been able to applaud all your successes on that front, but if not consider this a huge "WAY TO GO!" from me :drinker:

Just have a few minutes before I have to head to work. Update from me - Been taking some unintended but unavoidable rest days lately because I cannot justify fitting it in. I know - I'm NOT a fan of excuses. There are no excuses in real life. But for this week it's just not in the cards. I've got a major race on Monday and the last thing I want is to be totally exhausted from trying to spread myself way too thin. I managed a great spin on Monday, rest Tuesday, intervals Wednesday, forced rest today because of a massage appointment and errands/chores/shopping/Tyler commitments tonight, and hopefully some spin tomorrow unless my schedule gets totally derailed.

Tyler's been going through a lot of life changes lately and that's been taking up some of my time, for better or worse. I'm happy to be there for him and to celebrate in all his exciting new opportunities but yet again this week it's becoming an every day sort of thing and I am definitely struggling with feeling overwhelmed and resentful about it. I need to focus on me and I just can't devote every night to being happy and excited for him :ohwell: Bad girlfriend? Maybe. I'm not sure how I feel about it TBH. It's tough. It's also tough because I'm in such a *kitten* spot in my life that sometimes it's hard to see him succeed with such little effort...

Alright!~ Enough of that. Heading to work, avoiding all the holiday junk, going to try and eat well today since I'm resting, and just try to focus on finding balance and not being overwhelmed. I'm going to take a lunch and enjoy my massage tonight :happy: Hope you guys have a great Thursday! :heart:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meg- Good luck hold strong through the holidays....its hard to resist the fast food and easy quick meals. But I know you can do it!!!! Hopefully you are not getting bronchitis, that would suck for the holidays!! Did you get all of your shopping done?? And congrats on the 3 days without soda, fast food!!!!

Megan - We understand that you are busy these days and dont need to be on here to log your food. Makes getting on here at all seem kinda pointless. Just relax and try to enjoy your pregnancy (as much as you can) and I am sure you will be back on here once you have the baby!!!

Guam - I think I caught that stomach flu too!! It really sucks.....I couldnt keep anything down at all. I hope by now you (and the kids) are feeling better though!! And I love that quote!! Reminds me that this diet/exercise thing has to be a lifestyle change!

Cynthia - Glad you had a great night out for your birthday!!! And I love the new hairstyle....looks amazing on you!!! Sorry you have been having a rough week at work....hopefully that massage helped to relieve some of the stress for you....I love getting them!! Has you week gotten any better?? And of course...HAPPY BIRTHDAY (sorry a day late)!!!!

Meag- Dont sweat the not posting.....I dont think any of us has done well with that this month! You've still gotten a few good workouts in this week, so I wouldnt fret over that. And a massage too?? I feel like I should get one if everyone else is!! Did you enjoy it? Hopefully it got some of your work stress out!! And you arent a bad girlfriend, sometimes it hard when you dont have anytime to yourself...and its normal to feel overwhelmed by that!! And you will get out of your "*kitten* spot" soon enough....I know it, just hang in there!!

AFM - sooo just when I got over my sinus infection, I had about 3 good days then I came down with the nasty stomach virus thats been going around.....had about 24hrs of non-stop throwing up....it was terrible....and didnt eat much for the past 2 days, yesterday had a total calorie count of like 300...sad, I know. Today feel better though, so hopefully it was just a 2-day thing!! Was able to eat breakfast and more importantly keep it down!! Dont want to be sick for the holidays....I have been sick practically this whole month!! Guess thats what happens when you work with sick people all day long (I'm a nurse).
    Anyways, hope you all have a great week and a wonderful Christmas to those who celebrate!!! I am going to try to enjoy my Christmas day and not stress about food for once!!!
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    Abby- thanks ! And no still not finished with Christmas shopping! I am hoping to get the rest done tomorrow, not much left to get so I should get it all done. Sorry to hear you have been sick so much as well! Hopefully your stomach bug is gone and you can enjoy your christmas. Are you done with your shoping?

Meag- I think we all need a rest now and again, and you have been working your tail off! Hang in there, and it certainly is tough to watch others glide through success after success when you feel stuck. You will get through this. Good luck on your race monday :)

AFM: Today was day 4...no soda, no fast food, and no christmas/holiday goodies. As much as I still want the cookies my roommate left and kindly (it really was out of thoughtfullness not sabotoge) left me in the cookie jar I am resisiting. I had my fun the first half of December. I am almost 300 calories short, which is okay I guess. I have been hitting my calorie goal on target the rest of the week so maybe being a little under will be good.

We will see if I get that work out in, work was so stressful today, I was the only teller (work at a bank) for most of the day, and all these businesses were coming in with huge deposits and change orders. By time closing was happening, me, the vault, and my manager were not balancing in the least so I stayed an hour late to help get everything sorted. 6 hours on my feet with absolutly no break basically speed walking from one end of the branch to the other. I am pooped. Luckily it was the nice manager tonight and not the one who constantly degrades me.

Anywho, working tomorrow then going home for a couple of days to see my family for Christmas, internet is spotty there so idk if I will get on to post again till monday. Everyone have a great weekend and Merry Christmas.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I posted a huuuuge post here this morning and now it's no where to be found?? :huh:

What gives! :sad:
  • abby459
    Options
    Meg- I did finish my shopping, which I was so happy about since I have been sick and probably wouldnt have gotten much done since I have been sick for most of the month!! You are doind so great resisting the soda and those cookies!! Cookies around Christmas time are especially are to resist!! Sorry that you had a crappy day at work....but glad you get to get home for a few days and enjoy some family time!!

Meag - Sorry lady, I dont know where your post went?!?! Very Strange.

AFM - Just had to have a quick post because I am super excited about the christmas gift hubby got me!! I got a Garmin HRM with the GPS, so I can get an accurate distance and pace on all of my runs!! I can't wait to test it out. Probably will have to wait till after this weekend, but will be getting out there as soon as possible!! We did Christmas early because we both work all weekend long :( But oh well, thus is life! I will still get to see my family tomorrow after work!!

Hope you all have a great Christmas!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good morning ladies and a happy holidays/boxing day/etc to you all! :drinker: Sorry i wasn't around to wish you all a Merry Xmas yesterday - I slept in for once due to some crazy partying on the 24th with old friends and then just had enough time to get in a run, and head down to Tyler's family Christmas celebrations. Thankfully our family doesn't celebrate, so I had no other obligations to fit in. Otherwise I'm not so sure I would have had time to fit it all in.

Today is the big day - My annual 10 Mile race in downtown Hamilton. Truthfully, I think I need to start taking these races a little more seriously. I have not trained at ALL for this race. I've just been running when I can and trying to fit it all in, but I feel incredibly under-prepared. I haven't run more than 10 miles in months :noway: and my long runs have been few and far between. I think that I just got complacent knowing that I CAN run 10 miles. I know my body is capable of it so I don't have the same fear that fueled my training for the 1/2 Marathon in Sept or the same 10 Mile race last year... It's not a good thing, that's for sure! I am determined to get back into training mode in the new year, along with continuing my spinning (which I find highly satisfying and is an awesome challenge) and trying to squeeze in some strength training when possible. I need to regain some control over my fitness and really get back to feeling good about me. It's really tough with my job right now, but I know it's important for my mental health and happiness. Onwards and upwards, Meag!

Abby - I saw this update yesterday on your profile but just have to re-iterate - AWESOME hubby! Woohoo! I am so envious of your Garmin! Would love to have one but am skeptical about the size and weight of it. They are pretty big watches, correct? Let me know how you find wearing something that big on your wrist while you run. I want the full "run-down" :laugh: Terrible pun!

Meg - I know in my previous post I was giving you mad props for your dedication to no-junk for 4 freaking days straight. Seriously - fabulous job! I can't go a single day without putting some delicious chocolate-y goodness between my lips :noway: But I do hope you're not depriving yourself to the point that it's impossible to enjoy the season. As long as you're still having a fabulous time, that's all that matters. Keep at it and you'll reach your goals in no time!

OK ladies gotta head out and get my race-face on! Have a fabulous day and I'll report back with my results later today or tomorrow. Heading down to Niagara Falls NY tomorrow for a major shopping extravaganza :blushing: So I may be short on time! But I'm sure I can fit in a little race report none the less.

Make today great, chicas! :heart:

PS. How are we feeling about these challenges moving into 2012? Let me know your thoughts and if you want to keep up with them.. Looks like the herd is thinning. I know there will be LOADS of "resolutioners" joining the ranks in Jan so it's something to think about. Let me hear your insight!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Merry post-Christmas lovelies!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend and didn’t eat too much!

Abby – sorry to hear that you caught the stomach flu too!! It has been going around here like crazy and just about everyone is catching it. I was out of commission for a week. Hopefully you were recovered before Christmas. And awesome gift from the hubby!! In all honesty, thats what I would have wanted also. But I told my family that I didn’t want anything. That is on my list of things to buy come tax return time!!

Cynthia – hope that your week turned around and you were able to lose Negative Nancy along the way!! And happy belated birthday!! Hope you had a wonderful celebration!!

Meghan – congrats on the progress!! And great job pushing through Day 2 of 30DS!! I am conteplating pushing through Insanity since I bought it months ago. But I also need to get back to 5K training soon because I want to sign up for the Angels Baseball 5K that is coming up in just a couple of months. I guess I really just need to find something and stick with it!! I need to be accountable to myself and do it because I truly want to do it and I truly want to see myself look awesome!!

Meag – woohoo for sleeping in!! That is so not your style but I’m so glad to see that you did it!! And great job on the race!! Saw your post!! Your amazing girly!!

And as far as the challenges go, I think we should keep them up. Although it has just been Meag and I from the beginning, its always nice to see fresh and familiar faces on occasion. Everyone brings something new to the table and different perspectives. I look forward to checking in with you lovelies even if the herd has dwindled. That’s just my 2 cents.

AFM...finally got my appettite back on Friday and felt a whole lot closer to 100% than I had all week long. Perfect timing so that I could enjoy all of the yummy Christmas food and I don’t think I overindulged too much. Not going to weigh in until Friday and see what the damage is. The plan is to head to the gym tomorrow night to get in some much needed Turbo Kick and hula. Although the last few times I have planned it, it just hasn’t panned out but I am hopeful this time around because I miss it and need it so mcuh!!

Just a few days left of 2011!! Let’s make it count Lovelies!! I have given myself and a friend of mine a homework assignment over the next week to write down the things that we would like to see accomplished in 2012...no matter how big or small. Then we will get together to discuss them and see how we can hold ourselves accountable. I am the big 3-0 and need to make things happen!! That being said, hope you don’t kick me out of the challenge!!

Quote of the day – “Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.” Doug Firebaugh
  • abby459
    Options
    Meag - Considering how you said you felt under-prepared you still did prety darn amazing!!!! I saw your post that you had an amazing run and incredible pace...congrats!!! :happy: And yes the Garmin is a little large......but hubby did a lot of research and read all of the reviews and he ended up getting me the Forerunner 110 model. It is the smallest one that they have and it not heavy at all. Its definately too big for a watch that I would try to wear everyday, but for running I dont think it will bother me. It doesnt feel heavy, just takes up my whole wrist, granted my wrist is very small and prob 5.5inches around. It you are normal size it probably its that bad. But I did hear that the older models where HUGE!! I'll let you know how it feels running when I finally get a day off to test it out!!

Guam - Thanks I did feel better by Christmas Eve, so I cant complain!!! And soo happy to hear that you were feeling better too!! Nothing sucks more then being sick through the holidays! And we would never kick you out of the challenge!!

Meag - I also agree that we should keep these challenges going. I love them, this group has helped me so much with staying on track and keeping me motivated!! I always look forward to catching up with you ladies!!!

AFM - Nothing much exciting. I worked all day Saturday then I did end up getting out of work early on Christmas, which I was happy about. So since I had an extra 3 hours I did get in a 4.2 mile run. I was proud of myself for fitting it in on Christmas....and felt less guilty about the massive amounts of food I ate and liquor that I drank :drinker: !!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Soo sorry for being MIA no excuses just needed some time to myself and bf but I did log in everyday and read your posts!!

Hope every one had a great x-mas and got to spend some time with their loved ones!!

Meag CONGRATS on your new PR, you rocked that race and your pace is awesome especially for a long run and being "underprepared" served you well!! :flowerforyou: I definitely want this challenge to continue although i haven't been on here posting for a week thats not usually like me and I promise won't happen maybe a day or two but not a week lol so please keep this going glad you and bethany have stuck it out on here! BTW you're not a bad girlfriend at all your human ;) totally normal to feel that way, I think once you get out the position or more so place your @ things will be smoother. How did a day of shopping extravaganza go??

Bethany Glad your feeling better and perfect timing for x-mas! Your are definitely not getting kicked out lol your one the founders :) Hope you get to hula tonight! Is that something they offer @ your gym? Never took a hula class sounds interesting...BTW I like the homework assignment gives me something to think about would be cool to do something like that on here, which we basically do but I like the idea of it being more general and not just exercise/food related since I tend to focus my goals on here more towards that!

Abby Your hubby sounds like an awesome guy, glad you were you able to get off a bit early and enjoy a good run! You feeling 100% back to normal I know you've had a tough month but the way I see it you got out all your sicknesses out of the way to start fresh... Im superstitious :wink:

Meghan Good job for beating those cravings but like Meag said as long as you are enjoying your self don't deprive your self because then you might want it even more!! Hows the 30DS going??

AFM I won't post day by day as I normally do when Im MIA for a day or two but overall it has been great more so because i have 1 week off work woohooo!!

I feel like theres soo much to post but I'll sum it up before it turns into a boring novel lol..

I have been sticking to yoga 3-4 times per week, doing the stairs a few times a week and finally back into running did 8 miles running today and then went to my grandmothers to go for an hour walk with my uncle who's not doing so well but it was nice to just walk and a nice way to cool down from my run!! I have been neglecting my runs since I had started boot cam but bootcamp is over and I have been weight training 3xs a week so very busy workout schedule but I have time since school is done for about a month and then I will be taking an online class so far just one and I think I might keep at that!

My bday was great didn't over drink so I had no hangover YAY and the holidays were great but I ate pretty bad on Sunday to the point of getting sick too many sweets I paid for that all night uughh I felt so disgusting like my insides were dirty weird feeling but back to regular eating! I managed to gain 2 pounds :sad: but I did have away too much salt so I will weigh in on Friday and see where Im @ before logging it on here! Trying not to fret too much since it could be all the crap I ate and salt I consumed, have bikram in a bit so I will be on here either later tonight or for sure tomorrow, sorry for being MIA ladies back to regular posting these holidays have been busy thats for sure! Hope you ladies have a great rest of the day and an even better Wednesday!! Until tomorrow kick some *kitten*!! Cynthia! :bigsmile:
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Hello there Lovelies!!

Abby - great job fitting in a run on Christmas!! I'm a treadmill runner cause I like to be able to gauge my distance, pace, and calories burned so I hardly get runs in cause I don't have one at home. Getting to the gym takes a miracle these days. But much props to you for getting it done on Christmas!! :bigsmile:

Cynthia - glad to hear that you had a great birthday!! And I completely know what you mean about your insides being dirty! :ohwell: Its like your body just can't handle stuff that is out of your normal healthy realm. I kind of enjoy that feeling cause it shows me that my choices have improved and that "junk" food isn't really welcome in my body anymore. Hula is offered at my gym. It really is a good workout with a great burn. My legs always feel it when I walk out of there.

AFM...as anticipated, I won't be making it to the gym tonight. I always keep my gym bag in the car for nights that I just might be able to make it. Well I unexpectedly went to a friend's house last night and she dyed my hair (will post pics later) so I changed into a pair of her sweats but didn't have shoes so I through on my gym shoes. And of course, forgot them at home this morning cause I was in a hurry. It may not help out my workout goals but I have a ton of stuff to do at home tonight including a ton of laundry and spending QT with my daughter since she will be gone Thurs-Sun and Friday is her birthday. I definitely won't be finishing this year strong and need to seriously sit down and write out my goals for 2012.

Hope you lovelies are having a great week!! :flowerforyou:

Quote of the day - "Falling down is not defeat, real defeat is when you are refusing to get up."
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning ladies! Quick 5 mins to post...

Had a few rocky days, personal life is getting a little sticky, but I rocked my race, did some shopping yesterday and got in a few quality miles on the TM this morning. Not too shabby. I know my weight's up and I really need to get in some varied workouts to increase my strength and improve my body composition, but all in due time. Right now it's still the holidays and I have tons to catch up with. A 2-day work week, thankfully, so I am hoping to make some progress.

My race report is as follows (super quick - I'll post pics later) - Ran my 10miles in 1:33:10, which is 10:59 faster than I ran it exactly one year ago. Average pace was 9:25 and I absolutely rocked my hills. The two miles with up-hill gradients I ran around a 9:30 pace and 3 of my last 4 miles were under 9:00. Really pleased with those splits. I also didn't walk at all on the hills, which is always a personal goal. I just love the satisfaction of pushing when the run gets tough :bigsmile:

You can see my activity here, although the GPS and splits etc are not entirely accurate (due to the start of the race etc). My 5 mile time according to the stats was 47:28.

http://runkeeper.com/user/MeagAlayne/activity/63855409

Shopping was a mild success. I got a new bathing suit top and cover-up for a potential beach vacation. I also picked up some goodies at target and a new pair of really inexpensive, nice quality black flats for work. Nothing too exciting though. Just the basics. I didn't need much but it was nice to get out and spend some time with my mom.

Guam - Sucks that you having so much troubling finding time to workout. I hope you manage to fit it in once the new year is upon us. But this time of year is tough! Sounds like you're doing everything else right, though, so keep at it :drinker: You may not meet all your 2011 goals this year but you're in a better place than when you started, and that's all that really counts. Life's tough! Just have to keep pushing forward :heart:

Cynth - Thanks girl! It was such a great race! And glad that you too are on board for another year of Kicking *kitten*... I guess we'll keep it up! Great job at keeping up with your yoga btw - I always found that it was such a nice workout. I'd love to fit it in a little more in the new year. Just have to fit a class that I like and where the instructor is reliable and ACTUALLY shows up. As for your weight gain - don't fret! We've all put on some weight over the holidays but it's temporary. Just keep up with your routine and goals and it'll be gone in no time. No drastic measures! Slow and steady wins the race :happy:

Eeep! 5 mins is WAY up! Have a great Wednesday, ladies! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am back from a very long trip for the holidays! A ten hour car ride each way, and of course with the holiday traffic it turned into a 12 hour car ride yesterday- the downfall of living outside of DC I guess. Santa was very nice to me, but mostly it felt good to be in nice 70 degree weather the whole time! I am originally from southeast GA so that is where I spent the holiday, and although its weird to be wearing shorts and a tank top on christmas day, I love it!

I got in a 5k run while I was there, and I cannot say enough how good it feels to jump on the treadmill or hit the pavement and know without a doubt I can run 3 miles. I think back to the beginning of this year and how terrified I was of being able to accomplish just that, and knowing now that 3 miles is a nice easy run just blows my mind.

I also got an amazing compliment from an old high school friend I saw over the holiday. She said that I inspried her to take her health more seriously and start working on losing weight. I was worried a lot of people wouldn't notice or say anything about the fact that since last christmas I have dropped almost 50 pounds because they were all so concentrated on me being pregnant, but she said something and told me how amazing I looked and just to hear that was great.

I know we have talked about this a few times before, but sometimes its hard for me to see myself clearly because my mental image has not changed yet, but I know with time it will get there, and having someone who I know geninuely cares about me and is excited to see me healthy say something positive was probably one of the best gifts I received. So I am passing it along to all of you ladies:

You are an amazing woman who inspires people everyday with your hardwork and dedication to making your life better. It is not an easy task or undertaking, but by never giving up, always trying new things, and just generally being awesome, you inspire me to be better too.

Thanks for being here for me this year, I don't know that I would have been able to do it successfully without you ladies. I can't wait for what the new year will bring for all of us!!

XOXO
    Megan
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy final hump day of 2011 Lovelies!!

Meag – hope that life has started to mellow out for you so that you can get back into your groove!! And congrats again on rocking your race!! Sounds like your shopping day was still a great day!! I love being out with my daughter and just spending time with her without having a specific agenda. As for 2012, I have tons of things on my to-do list and time management is one of them. I need to utilize my time better so that I can maximize my time.

Megan – congrats on the compliment! I think we need that occasional compliment to prove to ourselves that all of our hard work is really paying off. Cause like you said, our mental image of ourselves doesn’t change so no matter what the scale tells us, we still have that fat girl image of ourself. And great job on the run!! I can’t wait til I get to that point in my running!! One of the many goals for 2012.

AFM…I know that majority of this journey is my mental state of mind. And for some reason this time around, I am having a hard time getting there mentally. I guess my hope is that I will wake up January 1st (hopefully not too hungover) and the mindset will be there. I know that is simply fantasy but I also know that I can do it because I have had that mindset before. All of your success and triumphs keep me coming back to this site and continuing to keep my goals in sight. I really need to sit down and write out my goals (all kinds of goals for 2012) so that I can start to make necessary changes to get my life in order.

Quote of the day – “One step must start each journey." Author Unknown, from Just One
  • abby459
    Options
    Cynthia - I know eating right is hard over the holidays, but cut yourself some slack....you still need to live your life! I am sure that the 2lbs is just water weight. By Friday you will be back to you normal weight again!! And awesome job getting running again!!

Meag - Congrats again on your amazing race time!! You did so incredible!! Totally smashed your old time!! And sorry to hear that things have been rocky with Ty......I know its never easy. Glad you had some QT with your mom....and I always love bathing suit shopping, I need to do that soon too....before Mexico vacation!!

Guam - Sorry you missed your workouts. But the holidays are a crazy time and things dont always go according to plan. Just do the best you can and dont beat yourself up over it!! Just keep working on your goals and you WILL get there in time!! All change comes slowly. Hopefully the new year will bring you success!!

Megan - Glad you had a nice trip (despite the traffic) and I am jealous that you got to have some warm weather!! You are doing so great at fitting in your runs still. And I know how great it feels to look back and see how far you have come in your running!! I love being able to "see" the progress too!!

AFM - I finally found a 1/2 marathon to sign up for....so I am registered and paid!! It is a trail race on April 28th!! Still gives me enough time to get my training up to speed. But I am glad that I finally committed to something, especially since it was one of my December goals and all. And today I ran 8.25miles....this is my farthest run so far!! I did walk a few times but finished it with a pace of 10:24/mile which for me is pretty darn good!! Very happy with all of the progess I have made running!!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Megan Congrats on your running and it is awesome to know that a 3 miler is an easy run a year I would have thought that was impossible for myself as well and that is an awesome compliment to get about being inspirational to someone I bet that felt great!! Thanks for passing that along it was nice to hear and I could not agree with you anymore, the mental image of ourselves is probably one of the hardest things to grasp I deal with it myself daily some days not so bad other days just suck...

Bethany The mental thing is a hard thing to get down it can be a daily challenge sounds like you have a plan of action for next year just hope you don't overwhelm yourself with too many goals, I can think of many things I need/want to change as well but like these challenges I plan on making small changes here and there just like I have been throughout this year, too bad you didn't get a good workout in but at least you got to spend some QT with your daughter!! Thanks for the quotes!! :smile:

Abby Awesome job on your running your kicking some serious *kitten*!! Trail race sounds awesome I need to get back on track with my running more seriously, after yoga ends since I did pay for it lol Let me know what training plan you look into I plan on doing a 1/2 in either late March or April sometime too... Your pace is great too bad you don't live closer I think we'd make good running buddies!! Too bad all of you don't live closer to meet one another...btw I think your right it might have been water weight/sodium overload because I weighed the same this morning as I did two weeks ago haven't dropped a pound but thats okay maintaining is better than gaining.

AFM Sort of a NSV I had a lady come up to me in the class since I was early (yoga) and asked if I was the instructor, great compliment although I have no idea how I could be confused lol aesthetically I will never look like "that" but nonetheless it was nice to be mistaken as one of the instructors!! I tried a new yoga class well new to me its a yoga therapy class that is a perfect combo for cross training, stress relief and has many benefits, did some weight training in the evening and I feel beat I might take a rest day tomorrow my abs are soo sore from Monday still but I did get a great weight training session today in my own home with my own music which was awesome and funny, my cat and dog were looking at me like wtf are you doing lol!! Went over my calories a bit I have been feeling really hungry, I eat then an hour later I can eat again not starving just like my food has already digested, I also haven't lost weight in two weeks and thankfully Im back down to my weight and lost those 2 pounds in 2 days must have been all the crap I ate! Not sure whats in store for tomorrow might make it a red box day and veg out or I guess we'll see how I feel! Alright thats it for me ladies have a great Thursday! :bigsmile:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Short post since no one has been on here and I had a rather boring day! took it easy today and just did 30 mins walking on the treadmill with a friend wasn't planning on doing anything so i guess thats better than nothing not a great burn at all. I plan on running tomorrow in the early morning and shoot for 9 miles since that was one of my goals for December we'll see how that goes then have my candle light Yoga in the evening. Meeting up with a former co-worker and having lunch @ Sweet Tomato one of my fave places and thats it for me don't have anything else going on saturday might be a bit more busy and I plan to not drink NYE to start the NY's hangover free which I think I haven't done in 7 years sad I know and plan to spend it with my family who can drink quite a bit but i will be the DD if the boyfriend doesn't drink which i doubt he really will plus I live in CA where they are happy to give out DUI's so drinking and driving never happens!! Originally I was planning on doing a 10k called the Hangover Run on Jan 1st but it's 45 bucks now and I really don't have 45 bucks to run 6.2 miles so I figured I'd do 9 tomorrow and maybe 10 on Sunday... for free lol anyways thats it for me hope you ladies had a great Thursday TGIF close enough!! Good night! :bigsmile: