Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!! Take 2!

Options
1235»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :bigsmile: Happy Friday!

Today is a busy one for me because there's a lot of stuff I want to get done before the weekend hits and I actually have the day off, so I'm going to try and be productive!

Can you believe it's already the end of 2011? :noway: Where the heck did the year go! Jeez. It's been one hell of an emotional year for me and I'm very happy to move on to a new one - Bring on 2012 and all that goodness that will come with! I still fondly remember the "2011 is going to be MY year" comments so many months ago. I guess I should make that my mantra for '12, as well? :laugh: Maybe not... I'm not quite sure how effective it is! I have some big plans for 2012, though, and am hoping that if I can realize at least half of them I'll end the year in a better place than when it started. Ultimately, I guess that's the best I can hope for :wink:

As for the last month - It's been probably my most stressful and least "on track" month of the year. I just weighed in at 125.2lbs - which is within maintenance but quite high since I've been maintaining between 122 and 123 for the last several months. I've definitely been over-indulging the last few weeks and that is going to be reigned in sooner rather than later. I can feel myself gaining fat and losing muscle mass and it doesn't feel great, to say the least :ohwell: For the muscle mass, I am planning to increase my strength workouts. I know it's not practical to say I'm going to fit in 3 strength training days a week because I just won't make it happen. If I can do some kind of strength 2x week I'll be more than happy. Anything is better than nothing! Starting today if I can help it. There's a total body tone class at the gym that I am hoping to attend but I have to switch up a meeting with friends to make it happen... We shall see! If not, maybe I'll just hit the gym afterward and do some lifting and rowing. My own little crossfit workout :bigsmile:

I managed to get a quick run in yesterday - 3.2mile + WU/CD but it felt awful. I know my sleeping and eating habits are catching up to me and it's causing me to feel sluggish. Planning a longer run tomorrow with Tyler along my old 1/2 Marathon training grounds. He's never run along there so it should be nice to show him. It's a gorgeous run - which is why I picked it for all my long, treacherous and snowy runs last Jan/Feb. Looking forward to it!

Enough about me!

Cynthia - 9 miles Friday and then another 10 miles on Sunday?!? :noway: You're a mad woman! I don't know how you do it... I can only manage one long run a week without my body screaming bloody murder at me. Are you following a training plan or do you just run and workout whenever possible and doing whatever you feel like or can fit in? Just be careful with those long runs and limited rest time - you can really do yourself some serious harm if you aren't cautious. Just looking out for you bella :flowerforyou:

Abby - Did I just hear someone say they LOVE bathing suit shopping :noway: ?!!??! You may be crazier than Cynthia! haha Honestly, I freaking hate it, but it's a necessity if I want to be going anywhere warm this winter (which I do, although my plans are on hold right now)... Shopping was good otherwise though. Just still struggling to find boots that I like and want to wear. What's the 1/2 Marathon you signed up for again? I know I've probably seen it posted to your status but I cannot remember for the life of me... Either way, if you're running 8.25miles already and you have until April, you're going to smash it! I hadn't run more than 11 miles before my 1/2 and I ran it in 2:08 on a majorly injured foot. I have no doubt you're going to absolutely kill that run! There's a Full on April 28th somewhere that I was looking at... I wonder if it's a similar race... Hmmmm Let me know! I'm always looking for new and exciting race destinations :bigsmile:

Beth - Thanks lady! My mom-time was really nice, as usual. We've got a great relationship and I wouldn't change it for anything. It's so nice to be able to just hang out without an agenda, like you said. Gotta make time for it. I know exactly what you mean about this journey and your mental state. Once you fall out of it, it's so hard to get it back... You just really have to "want" it. And you have to be feeling positive about your own ability to stick it out. It's tough stuff but without that state of mind, everything is sooo much harder and it's an uphill battle to reach your goals. I really hope you (and I!) wake up in 2012 feeling ready to attack this journey and kick some *kitten*... We'll get there :drinker:

Anyway ladies I need to get my tush in gear! It's getting late already! Hope you all have an amazing Friday and a great NY if I don't speak to you before then. I'll start up a new January challenge on the first, although it may not be right at midnight :wink:

Speaking of which - what do you all have planned for NYE? Anything exciting? For me, nothing yet! Maybe heading downtown to see what's happening but nothing major planned. Just want to ring in the new year with renewed confidence in myself and a happy and positive attitude about my opportunities in 2012 :bigsmile: Fake it to make it ladies! :laugh: Maybe that should be my 2012 Mantra?
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - Very happy that the weight was just water/sodium!! I think its great just to be able to maintain throughout the holidays!! And amazing job on your run....I saw that you did 10miles today!! Congrats that is incredible!!! I cant wait to be able to run 10 miles. It would be great if we lived closer and could run together, I would love a running partner who is at my level and would motivate me!! And candle light yoga sounds nice and relaxing too!! Sounds like you have a good plan for new years eve too! I will be right along with you being the DD.....I have to work at 8am the next morning so no drinking for me, which is probably a good thing!

Meag - I wouldnt stress the weight change. It is very minimal to say the least and over the holidays that is hard to eat healthy and fit workouts in. I am positive that you will be back to normal by the end of january!! And I can only wish I was your weight....125 would be amazing for me to reach and I am only 5'1" So I am sure that you can not possible be as "flabby" as you think. Your body will re-rone up in no time at all. And that is a great goal to strength train 2x a week. I think its the perfect amount! I dont know if I did post my race or not...but its called the Triple Crown Trail race. There is a 1/2, a full marathon, a 10k and a 5k....and of course you can sign up for the "triple crown" which is running the 1/2, then 10k, then the 5k....all in a row!! I am not that crazy. It is a trail race though...right in Delaware on trails that I run all the time, so I feel comfortable running it!! And I am not sure what sort of goal time that I will have in mind....I know I want to finish, but I dont know what a realistic time is for a trail race?? I am kinda thinking under 2:30?? But I am not sure if that is a realistic goal for me or not?? Guess we will see! And yes, I do like bathing suit shopping!! I hated it last year, but this year I am happy to be showing off my body and all of my hard work!! In fact I ordered 2 bikinis last night!!

AFM - I am hoping to finally get outside again for a nice trail run today. Been dying to try out my new Garmin HRM/gps watch!! Did a short run yesterday but I didnt have it charged so I couldnt bring it! I am going out to dinner with my old college roommates tonight (2 of them are in town for the weekend) at a local Brewery. Scoped out the menu already and they have a "healthier" dinner section, all it says it that all entrees are under 600 calories thought, no specifics. So I guess I can get one of those or a salad and still be OK?? I still hate eating out because I dont know how to log it and I hate not knowing how things are made!! But with my run today I should have plenty of calories and I guess I can just safely put in 600 cals? As for my NYE, me and Tony (my hubby) are attending a party that one of his co-workers is throwing. But I will not be drinking (at least not more then one drink) since I will be the DD and I have a 12 hour shift the next day that starts at 8am! Kinda for the best I guess.

Hope everyone has a safe, happy and healthy New Year!!!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    just checking in, I am still here just working a lot. I am going to start full fledge back in the game in january. Hope everyone has had safe holidays and see y'all in the new year!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Meag Im not following a training plan but I have gradually increased my distance, I do plan on following a plan next month since I wanted to do a 1/2 in March or so, every month I basically increase it by 1 mile. I don't plan running Sunday but will shoot for a long run on Monday give my body three days to recover which usually seems to be fine but not sure since I am increasing my distance I might have to take 4 days off after a long run not sure yet!! My body feels fine my left heel hurts a bit but I've had that pain for years now and should get it checked out but haven't because only until recently did this pain start again after longer runs :grumble: I have fitted shoes and don't have any other aches or pains but I try stretching a lot everyday usually!! Fake it to make very true!! Have a great NY's and sending positive energy your way. BTW I weight pretty much the same as you and I look way stubbier I bet your like 5'7, Meag I swear you are crazy missy you look awesome and lean and toned I wish to look like you.... Maybe next year lol But I hear ya you're used to being more fit and feel like you slacked off, you'll get back to that weight/maintain and routine so quickly I know it!! Strength Train 2xs/per week is great and your own version of cross fit is awesome which btw I think Im going to take an intro for two weeks and check it out I wanna try everything lol, great job on your workout today and have an awesome run with Tyler...:happy:

Abby Thanks Abby!! I bet you can do 10 miles I had done 8 before and had ran it a few times and I planned on running 9 this morning but there was soooo many leaves that the mile markers were covered and I accidentally turned around at 5 but was great because now I know I can do 10 I bet you can too.. Excellent job on your trail run and hope you enjoyed your low calorie dinner :smile: Hope you have great day at work and enjoy your hubbys friends party!! hows the new hrm going?? I received a new one from a friend for x-mas and its so confusing the hrm has excellent reviews but I feel the calorie burn is over estimated idk maybe it is accurate. What do you usually burn per mile on a trail run??

AFM I had a great day started off with a nice 9 mile run that accidentally turned into a 10 mile run and finished it in 1:44:00 mins it was misty/raining lightly and the trail has several inclines and declines so I couldn't just run I had to watch where I stepped and soo many leaves everywhere that were covering the mile markers but finally seen mile 5 and I was like whoa time to turn back lol getting ahead of my self. But it has been one of the best runs ever and longest and didn't stop to walk at all and enjoyed the pace nice and comfy. i had lunch with a former co-worker at Sweet tomatoes my fave and didn't over indulge too much I mean I did have brownie and ice cream but I didn't have the blueberry muffin or the cinnamon one lol which I normally do, healthier version of fresh choice, more fresh veggies, salads, soups and food made from scratch!! I love that place. Skipped candle light because I was stuff and realized yoga was 45 mins after I got home and theres no way Im doing yoga on a full belly especially Light heated Vinyasa flow no thanks I don't want to barf, but I am doing Bikram to make up for todays class should be fun going with my two friends. Don't have special plans for NYE except going to my aunts house and not drinking like I had mentioned in my other post, might do some weight training in the afternoon if I have time, glad I ran today and surpassed one of my December goals, looking forward to the NY and all the challenges and changes that are to come!! Hope you all have a great, safe and Happy New Year hope to see all of you or most of you in the threads for next year!! :drinker: :bigsmile: Cynthia!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just waiting for Tyler to get his act together so we can go running finally. I hate waiting this late into the day for my run... What an aggravation! :grumble: Either way!

It's the last day of the year so I am going to TRY and not be so irritable. Definitely a work in progress today. We have no plans for tonight really although I think we'll probably be heading out to our favourite little pub for a beer at some point. I wish my life was a bit more exciting and that I could regale you with all kinds of fabulous plans, but that's just not the case :tongue: I'll have to live vicariously through all your fabulous NYE plans instead!

Hoping to post the new challenge tomorrow. I usually try to post around midnight but it's NYE and I really don't see that happening. So look out for the link tomorrow AM. Hope you all have a great day. Make it count, chicas!

See you in 2012! :drinker:

:heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here's the new challenge link. I hope you all find time to keep up with us. It just wouldn't be the same without you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/432006-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-january-challenge-take-2

Much love and best wishes into 2012. Hope today is a fantastic start to an awesome year filled with exciting challenges and opportunities to kick some *kitten* :bigsmile:

Lots of love :heart: