Living Social McDonald's Deal

Options

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    damn...now i want some mcdonalds.
    not big macs tho...the special sauce is nasty and i dont like pickles on my burger >.>
    Gotta agree on the special sauce. Would rather have good old ketchup and mayo.

The special sauce is just ketchup, mayo, pickles and onions, mixed together. So now you're just arguing semantics. :drinker:
    you sound like my husband :p lol yea its basically thousand island dressing. but i also find that disgusting lol
    but fry sauce is totally different.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    damn...now i want some mcdonalds.
    not big macs tho...the special sauce is nasty and i dont like pickles on my burger >.>
    Gotta agree on the special sauce. Would rather have good old ketchup and mayo.
    The special sauce is just ketchup, mayo, pickles and onions, mixed together. So now you're just arguing semantics. :drinker:
    you sound like my husband :p lol yea its basically thousand island dressing. but i also find that disgusting lol
    but fry sauce is totally different.
    Touche. Sans the pickles, whether in the sauce or otherwise.
  • taraatwood
    Options
    LOL i saw this too... and it was on OTHER discount websites I could NOT believe it!!!!! awful
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i considered it for the fries, not the Big Macs. damn, i love their fries.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

how am I the troll? Also, pretty sure its against member rules to wish harm on others.... But, thanks for playing! :flowerforyou:
    She's jealous of your hot bod Bry. It's usually that way with jealous females.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

hahaha, oh I heart you so hard
  • bry_all01
    Options
    Hello Myfitnesspals!

Today Living Social posted a deal for 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries for $13! SMH and people wonder why the US is the fattest country! Just because you get more doesn't mean it's better. I better not see any of myfitnesspals buying that deal!

Love ya!
    Lauren

Getting back on track here.... if any one of my friends ever said they better not see me buying that deal, I would drop them just for saying that. I mean, really.... My friends know better and Hell some of my friends are friends with me, because they know the way I choose to eat and can keep this figure.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hello Myfitnesspals!

Today Living Social posted a deal for 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries for $13! SMH and people wonder why the US is the fattest country! Just because you get more doesn't mean it's better. I better not see any of myfitnesspals buying that deal!

Love ya!
    Lauren

I'm pretty sure I could make the same thing at home for $13 and the burgers and fries would be thicker and tastier. Is there even one pound of meat in 5 Big Macs? Fast food burgers are such a rip off.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I almost bought it. But I'm more of a BK guy myself.

This! I love Burger King!

lol, one of my profile pictures is of me with fries at BK. Hey, if you get their veggie burger and a garden salad, it's good eats for under 400 calories.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love Big Macs. I think I'll have one for lunch today!! No fries though.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    I love Big Macs. I think I'll have one for lunch today!! No fries though.

I'll eat your fries!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hello Myfitnesspals!

Love ya!
    Lauren

Getting back on track here.... if any one of my friends ever said they better not see me buying that deal, I would drop them just for saying that. I mean, really.... My friends know better and Hell some of my friends are friends with me, because they know the way I choose to eat and can keep this figure.

I would just hope you ate all of it.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hear anyone bashing on McDonald's if you still drink alcohol. At least Mickie D's has a little nutrional value. What's the value of half a dozen rum and coke other than it just being awesomely fun?
  • bry_all01
    Options
    I don't want to hear anyone bashing on McDonald's if you still drink alcohol. At least Mickie D's has a little nutrional value. What's the value of half a dozen rum and coke other than it just being awesomely fun?

I personally like to mix my McDonald's with some Happy Cola gummis and a bottle of Moscato. That is what I call a trifecta right there. :wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Wine has healthy antioxidants. Rum and coke may have no nutritional value but drinking any type of alcohol in moderation has been shown to have overall health benefits. Nutrients are not the only thing needed for health.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    The way this thread has gone really points out a lot of cultural things out there.

1. Mega Corporations - Walmart, McDonalds, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, ........ you know the ones. Big surprise, they are out to make a profit and that profit supercedes their concern for the welfare of the consumer. Some are more conscious of the decisions they make than others on how their choices affect their customers, but don't ever be fooled that they are concerned about you.
    If you personally disagree with how a corporation runs their business, fine, don't purchase their products, but don't insult others that still do. They may find corporations that you still agree with just as bad as the one you are upset with, for different reasons.

2. Fast Food as a part of our diets - Some people choose never to have it, some eat it all the time, most are somewhere in between. I have a 3 and 5 year old. We go to McDonald's, the one with the play area, sometimes we stay for hours, especially in the winter when it is too cold and windy for them to go outside. They will share a cheeseburger and nuggets and a small fry is split between three of us. We will also get a fruit salad or yogurt parfait. If you ask my kids when they should eat McDonalds, they will tell you sometimes, when you ask why, they will tell you because it is not healthy and there are better choices. They can then tell you a whole list of foods that are healthier.

3. This post causing people to binge - I am a binge eater. I have had to work very hard to get this under control. Sometimes I still lose it. Having a site like this where I can see some of the other users with truly amazing bodies that still eat all of these bad and forbidden foods actually helps to put them into perspective. If they can eat them and still be ok, why do I have to hide it when I eat them? Why can't I just learn to eat it publicly and proportionately to my goals? Isn't that the new mindset I should be looking for?

4. Horse meat - I would be willing to try it, but it certainly won't be immediately after they begin opening the slaughterhouses. I hear the meat is very sweet and tasty. Bry - maybe we can find a clean horse and share the meat?
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

Wine has healthy antioxidants. Rum and coke may have no nutritional value but drinking any type of alcohol in moderation has been shown to have overall health benefits. Nutrients are not the only thing needed for health.

Oh, so Mc Donalds in moderation isn't ok, but alchohol is? I use to run a bar, and I hardly ever saw people drink in moderation, if they did we would have 1/10 of the bars that we have.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    The way this thread has gone really points out a lot of cultural things out there.

1. Mega Corporations - Walmart, McDonalds, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, ........ you know the ones. Big surprise, they are out to make a profit and that profit supercedes their concern for the welfare of the consumer. Some are more conscious of the decisions they make than others on how their choices affect their customers, but don't ever be fooled that they are concerned about you.
    If you personally disagree with how a corporation runs their business, fine, don't purchase their products, but don't insult others that still do. They may find corporations that you still agree with just as bad as the one you are upset with, for different reasons.

2. Fast Food as a part of our diets - Some people choose never to have it, some eat it all the time, most are somewhere in between. I have a 3 and 5 year old. We go to McDonald's, the one with the play area, sometimes we stay for hours, especially in the winter when it is too cold and windy for them to go outside. They will share a cheeseburger and nuggets and a small fry is split between three of us. We will also get a fruit salad or yogurt parfait. If you ask my kids when they should eat McDonalds, they will tell you sometimes, when you ask why, they will tell you because it is not healthy and there are better choices. They can then tell you a whole list of foods that are healthier.

3. This post causing people to binge - I am a binge eater. I have had to work very hard to get this under control. Sometimes I still lose it. Having a site like this where I can see some of the other users with truly amazing bodies that still eat all of these bad and forbidden foods actually helps to put them into perspective. If they can eat them and still be ok, why do I have to hide it when I eat them? Why can't I just learn to eat it publicly and proportionately to my goals? Isn't that the new mindset I should be looking for?

4. Horse meat - I would be willing to try it, but it certainly won't be immediately after they begin opening the slaughterhouses. I hear the meat is very sweet and tasty. Bry - maybe we can find a clean horse and share the meat?

This post is causing people to binge???? :laugh:
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

Oh, so Mc Donalds in moderation isn't ok, but alchohol is? I use to run a bar, and I hardly ever saw people drink in moderation, if they did we would have 1/10 of the bars that we have.

She didn't say it wasn't ok in moderation. She said it wasn't a good deal.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

This post is causing people to binge???? :laugh:

I don't think it is, but that is a statement that has been made a few times throughout this thread, that it will make people binge.
  • mikkijane1
    mikkijane1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fast food is poison! I love the taste, but not the fat it puts on my body :) Haven't had any in weeks, and I don't plan to anytime soon :)