Living Social McDonald's Deal

Options

Replies

• kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying that it's the end of the world to eat at McDonald's every now and then (for me, once every couple months or so, maybe), but more than anything, I hate this mindset:
    Lots of folks fall off the wagon because they feel that they can never enjoy a little tastiness once in a while.

Why do so many people think that healthy food tastes like *kitten* or that to lose weight, you have to hate food and not enjoy eating?

Come on, people...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    The thing is I hate big macs (taste).

I had a 1200 calorie burger tuesday anyway
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Not a mcdonalds fan but the $20 coupon for $10 from whole foods was amazing......
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    BTW. Someone's caps lock button is broken
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Do I have to go back through all those posts and copy all the people who are in the healthy weight range?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying that it's the end of the world to eat at McDonald's every now and then (for me, once every couple months or so, maybe), but more than anything, I hate this mindset:
    Lots of folks fall off the wagon because they feel that they can never enjoy a little tastiness once in a while.

Why do so many people think that healthy food tastes like *kitten* or that to lose weight, you have to hate food and not enjoy eating?

Come on, people...
    I agree. It's the folks that think that they have to eat plain, taste-free "healthy" food everyday that will fall off the wagon and overdo the crap food. There are plenty of tasty healthy foods out there. Indulging in fast food tastiness in moderation is okay too.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    BTW. Someone's caps lock button is broken

Thank you!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love Big Macs. This deal is bad news bears for me... 5 coupons at once?? And fries too?? Lord help me! LOL!!!

If I can just ignore it for today, the deal is gone tomorrow, right? Is that how these LivingSocial things work? haha
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Do I have to go back through all those posts and copy all the people who are in the healthy weight range?
    Yes, please do. Don't forget your crystal ball, because profile pics can deceive.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I love Big Macs. This deal is bad news bears for me... 5 coupons at once?? And fries too?? Lord help me! LOL!!!

If I can just ignore it for today, the deal is gone tomorrow, right? Is that how these LivingSocial things work? haha
    You get a booklet of coupons, so you can spread them out. :drinker:
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    I shall pass. :)
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a burger and fries once in a while. Its not like that is totally gonna sabotage someones weight loss goals. Sheeesh! If you base your diet on a weekly calorie average, stay within your weekly goal numbers, and exercise just a frickin little bit, then eat what you want!!!! I eat whatever, whenever I want. It is up to me, and only me to keep within my weekly goals, if I want to lose or maintain my current weight. You've got to have self discipline to lose weight or maintain your current weight. If a Big Mac and fries is gonna throw someone totally over the edge, they may want to work on their dedication and self control, not diet!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    No one has suggested that this thread has breached any forum rules.

I don't like the tone of this thread seeing as it comes under the nutrition heading. I believe that people can be derailed by jocular references to fast food. If they don't want to watch fast food ads, they can turn the telly off. This, however, is a fitness forum which, as I read, many have turned to as a last resort, so the jolly burger stuff *ahem* sticks in my craw.

There is this awesome thing on most internet browsers called a back button,they can always hit it and not have to be subjected to the evils of people disscusing fast food. POOF problem solved same thing as turning the TV off
  • Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like McDonald's, but I bought the deal for my husband as a stocking stuffer. He loves it!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Just because someone is at a healthy weight does not mean they feel they can consume fast food BECAUSE they are at a healthy weight. There is no need to discriminate because someone is now at a healthy weight. They are healthy because they were able to eat what they wanted in moderation and not let it get out of hand.

Anyone at any weight can eat fast food provided they have self control. (And if they don't have self control, it is not this thread's fault.)
  • ebramlett
    Options
    If I hadnt already had a nice healthy salad for lunch, I'd go get a Big Mac and some fries!! LOL
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Even then, what difference does it make if someone that is at a healthy weight shares the fact that they like fast food once in a while? Again -- anyone derailed by the comments made here would be derailed by anything. Do the rest of us have to be censored from expressing our opinions because someone that lacks self control cannot handle them?

This is what I meant when I asked where we draw the line. Should we not discuss water intake because someone could drink too much and die from water intoxication?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I almost bought it. But I'm more of a BK guy myself.

Me, too.
  • LosingWeight2012
    LosingWeight2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds is gross. I hope you realize that people come here to avoid temptatuin and support. Taunting their weakness for having a trigger due to this thread is cruel and insensitive. Instead of apologizing you jk more and suggest they eat a burger. Of course they could see an advertisement but it doesnt reply to their thread teasing them about a choice fir themselves. Go eat you greasy hamburgers and fries and we will give you weight loss tips next week when u cant figure iut y u are still fat. Moderation my a@#. Have fuuuun with that
  • ebramlett
    Options
    I personally don't like McDonald's, but I bought the deal for my husband as a stocking stuffer. He loves it!

Awesome idea! He'll love it.