Living Social McDonald's Deal

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    There are real people on here wrestling with real weight problems.
    There are lots of us that have lost weight while not denying ourselves something tasty -- in moderation. Lots of folks fall off the wagon because they feel that they can never enjoy a little tastiness once in a while. It's not going to derail everything to eat some fast food once in a while.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Ah hahaha. Hilarious, every one.

So we're not allowed to have any fun? Lighten up.

Stick it in the chit chat haha section then, not the nutrition section. Wtf.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Well, I hope this post doesn't derail your weight loss by making you go out and buy those 5 Big Macs.

Personally, I ate Burger King three times last week and I've still lost weight. It's about moderation and making the right choices, not depriving yourself so much that the word McDonald's sets triggers you to binge.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Stick it in the chit chat haha section then, not the nutrition section. Wtf.
    Dude. The OP stated her opinion of McDonald's. Others are stating theirs. What's the problem?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

I am one of those people. Occasionally I can have fast food or anything else. Maybe it slows my weight loss, maybe it doesn't, but I will stick better to something if I am happy instead of feeling miserable and deprived.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    EEG, I am aware of your opinion of the fast food industry and I share pretty much all of your attitudes. However, I find this jokey sort of yum-yum posting insensitive on a forum where many members are in the fight of their lives. No one ever forced anyone to eat anything, I know, but maybe we can help rather than hinder.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    As I sit here reading this, I can smell someones fries... :grumble: :tongue:
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options

Today Living Social posted a deal for 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries for $13!

Sounds like a good deal to me, but what are my wife and kids supposed to eat?
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    That's not a deal. Wendys 99 cent menu, that's a deal!

Just stay away from the ultimate bacon cheese burger..... I had one and gained 3 lbs from one burger. I kid you not!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I saw that today. I don't deny myself fast food on occasion, I just account for it in my calorie tracker.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    EEG, I am aware of your opinion of the fast food industry and I share pretty much all of your attitudes. However, I find this jokey sort of yum-yum posting insensitive on a forum where many members are in the fight of their lives. No one ever forced anyone to eat anything, I know, but maybe we can help rather than hinder.
    Perhaps we should ban all fast food from advertising as well, so that nobody might be tempted to eat it.

Also, perhaps MFP should have a policy in the forum, prohibiting anyone from saying that anything but broccoli is tasty.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    That's not a deal. Wendys 99 cent menu, that's a deal!
    Just stay away from the ultimate bacon cheese burger..... I had one and gained 3 lbs from one burger. I kid you not!
    I would wager that it had more to do with the food weight in your body, as well as your overall caloric intake for the week.
  • mssweetjay
    Options
    hehehehe my co-worker order this and she ask if I was interested. My answer was noooooooooo thanks!!
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Perhaps we should ban all fast food from advertising as well, so that nobody might be tempted to eat it.

Also, perhaps MFP should have a policy in the forum, prohibiting anyone from saying that anything but broccoli is tasty.

You use hyperbole. I suggest that there are more people on this forum who struggle with food choices than people who can guffaw at fast food meal deals, that's all.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

You use hyperbole. I suggest that there are more people on this forum who struggle with food choices than people who can guffaw at fast food meal deals, that's all.
    I was hoping to make a point. Were would you draw the line? What foods can folks discuss? Do you honestly believe that someone might be derailed because some members express their fondness for fast food, or have some fun discussing it?
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Yes, from what I have read on these boards I do believe that people can be derailed by this sort of discussion. I would not have believed that before I started reading people's comments on here, but I have been persuaded to it.

I think we can draw the line wherever we like. This is a fitness forum, and the boundaries are set by the admins. If I don't like the haha eat-the-burger tone, I can say so, at the risk of being tagged a humourless broccoli tout, of course.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yes, from what I have read on these boards I do believe that people can be derailed by this sort of discussion. I would not have believed that before I started reading people's comments on here, but I have been persuaded to it.

I think we can draw the line wherever we like. This is a fitness forum, and the boundaries are set by the admins. If I don't like the haha eat-the-burger tone, I can say so, at the risk of being tagged a humourless broccoli tout, of course.
    if someone would be derailed and binge because of this thread, then I dare say that they will be derailed by a TV ad too. Hence, my question about banning advertisements. Would hearing a co-worker say that they enjoyed a burger put them over the edge too? Should no one ever express that they like eating fast food? I would also venture to say anyone derailed by this thread has issues to address that go well beyond any comments made here.

None of the discussion has crossed any line laid out in the Community Guidelines, in my opinion. Folks are simply pointing out that one can indulge occasionally and still reach their fitness goals. There is is nothing in the guidelines prohibiting them from doing so, or opining otherwise.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i like the BK fries better myself.
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options

Then don't read the forum. There is such thing as a "back" button. :drinker:
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry. :happy: