Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    b8b5071d64a0764159ac32139f20f97338a861ee.jpg

:love:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Hello Myfitnesspals!

Today Living Social posted a deal for 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries for $13! SMH and people wonder why the US is the fattest country! Just because you get more doesn't mean it's better. I better not see any of myfitnesspals buying that deal!

This isn't why people are fat.
    I eat fast food on the regular.
    It's fine, you just have to balance the rest of your day out.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    *drool

Big-Mac.jpg

nom nom nom.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    A Big Mac has about 700 calories. I wouldn't eat 5 of them, but one is a nice lunch.

Hey, do the math. You only gain a pound (3500 calories) if you eat 5 of them. You can work that off in a week :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Diet Coke and Derailed MFP'ers... these are a few of my favorite things.....
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    *hides burgers behind her back*

No!.... No, I'd never do that ;)

Wouldn't be a massive fan of McDonald's at the best of times. Unfortunately it's human nature to want the better deal. Last time we got a Chinese take away we were offered a free meal as part of a deal. When I turned its down they said"oh we'll throw it in for free anyway"

Whatever it was went in the bin
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options

Today Living Social posted a deal for 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries for $13!

Sounds like a good deal to me, but what are my wife and kids supposed to eat?

Hey-o!! Ba-da-doom, ting!
  • sarahp86
    Options

Much prefer a cheese please with bacon cheese fries and a double chocolate malt, it's about 50 gazillion calories but omg yum! You know they do deliveries now?
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    No one has suggested that this thread has breached any forum rules.

I don't like the tone of this thread seeing as it comes under the nutrition heading. I believe that people can be derailed by jocular references to fast food. If they don't want to watch fast food ads, they can turn the telly off. This, however, is a fitness forum which, as I read, many have turned to as a last resort, so the jolly burger stuff *ahem* sticks in my craw.
    Yes, it is a nutrition forum. The OP stated her opinion that she dislikes McDonald's and their deal. Others are stating their opinion about McDonald's. You may see the references as jocular, but it's their opinion. The point has been debated in countless threads. Lots of opinions about it.

All true. My opinion is that people posting supposedly humorous remarks about how they can eat junk food whenever they want because they already are a healthy weight, and how scrummy it all is, is at best distasteful and at worst sabotage on a forum where most people are struggling to achieve a healthy weight.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nom nom nom! Not buying the deal but may have to work some mickey d's into my day!

For the debbie downer: I'm on this site for fitness and support, and I'm happy that other MFPers can support moderation of occasional satisfying fast food! And appreciate the workout that will burn it off.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    *best Cartman voice*

"screw you guys, I'm going to McD's"

Just kidding, I don't eat there
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Diet Coke and Derailed MFP'ers... these are a few of my favorite things.....

+1
  • Thomasm198
    Options

Much prefer a cheese please with bacon cheese fries and a double chocolate malt, it's about 50 gazillion calories but omg yum! You know they do deliveries now?
    I didn't know they do deliveries.

Somebody block directory enquiries on my phone quick so I cant order one. :laugh:
  • sarahp86
    Options

I don't like the tone of this thread seeing as it comes under the nutrition heading. I believe that people can be derailed by jocular references to fast food. If they don't want to watch fast food ads, they can turn the telly off. This, however, is a fitness forum which, as I read, many have turned to as a last resort, so the jolly burger stuff *ahem* sticks in my craw.
    Yes, it is a nutrition forum. The OP stated her opinion that she dislikes McDonald's and their deal. Others are stating their opinion about McDonald's. You may see the references as jocular, but it's their opinion. The point has been debated in countless threads. Lots of opinions about it.

All true. My opinion is that people posting supposedly humorous remarks about how they can eat junk food whenever they want because they already are a healthy weight, and how scrummy it all is, is at best distasteful and at worst sabotage on a forum where most people are struggling to achieve a healthy weight.

I posted about fast food that I like it it doesn't mean I'm going to run out and buy six burgers and stuff my face. People are having a laugh and joke. I'm nowhere near my goal weight but I'm getting there. The only thing that annoys me about this thread is people putting others downfor trying to have a laugh.

Lighten up

Maybe have a burger
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

No one was saying they could eat whatever they want because they are at a healthy weight. I am overweight, and I can enjoy fast food in moderation. Anyone can eat junk food if they have self control and moderation.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Well, "supposedly" is your opinion, and you're welcome to it.

Can you point me to anyone that said that they were already at a healthy weight? I for one, am not, and still have a way to go. I have learned though. that I can eat fast food on occasion and still lose weight.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    For the debbie downer: I'm on this site for fitness and support, and I'm happy that other MFPers can support moderation of occasional satisfying fast food! And appreciate the workout that will burn it off.
    tumblr_lrbnkqCA9D1qgwnca.gif
  • Thomasm198
    Options

Well even while I was trying to lose weight I still had the occasional burger, bar of chocolate, bowl of ice cream, slice of cake, and I lost the weight.

It's all about self-control and moderation; not denying yourself from eating things.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I THINK WHAT IS LOST IN THIS THREAD IS THE CONNECTION. I'M PRETTY SURE THE OP WAS EXPRESSING HER VIEWS OF THE STANDARD AMERICAN DIET WHICH IN GENERAL DOES HAVE TOO MANY PROCESSED FOODS AND A LOT OF FAST FOOD. I HAVE SEEN NUMEROUS NEWS ARTICLES THAT SHOW FAMILIES EATING FAST FOOD DAILY AS A MEANS TO SAVING MONEY AND WHILE IT ISN'T SOMETHING I FIND HEALTHY, IT IS NOT MY FAMILY. FAST FOOD WAS STARTED TO BE A CONVIENENCE, AN EXPERIENCE TO GET THE FAMILY OUT OF THE HOME, GIVE MOM A BREAK AND HAVE A FUN TIME WITHOUT TOO MUCH COST. NOW IT SEEMS TO BE A STAPLE IN THE DAILY DIET OF MANY AMERICANS AND SOME DEBATE THAT THIS IS A MAIN CONTRIBUTOR TO OBESITY. I PERSONALLY THINK WE HAVE LOST A CONNECTION TO WHAT OUR FOOD IS, REMOVED THE SOURCE, MASS PRODUCED IT WITH FLAVORS AND CHEMICALS THAT WOULD CONFUSE THE **** OUT OF PEOPLE WHO LIVED JUST 50 YEARS AGO.
    WHEN A PERSON MAKES THE CHOICE TO LOSE WEIGHT THE PATH THEY TAKE IS UP TO THEM. I GAVE UP SODA AND FAST FOOD AT THE BEGINNING. IT WAS AN EASY SLIP UP FOR ME AND I WAS EATING MCDONALDS DAILY, IN EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS. MY OWN FAULT. ONCE I SWITCHED TO WHOLE GRAIN, LESS REFINED I NOTICED A CHANGE IN MY OVERALL HEALTH. I AM ABLE TO GO TO IN AND OUT BURGER AND GET A DOUBLE DOUBLE ANIMAL STYLE, PROTEIN STYLE WITH FRIES AND A DIET COKE (ISN'T THE IRONY BEAUTIFUL?) WITHOUT WORRY THAT I WILL FALL BACK INTO OLD HABITS. I EAT FAST FOOD MAYBE 3-5 TIMES A YEAR AND THAT IS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HOW I FEEL AFTER AND FRANKLY IT DOESN'T APPEAL TO ME. THEN AGAIN, THE IDEA OF EATING FOOD MADE FROM FRESH INGREDIENTS WITH HEAVY SPICES (LOW SODIUM) AND LOTS OF FLAVOR MAY BE DISGUSTING TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T EAT LIKE ME. YOUR BODY, YOUR CHOICES. THE END RESULT IS YOURS ALONE
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Somebody block directory enquiries on my phone quick so I cant order one. :laugh:
    Derailed! :sad: