Horse Burgers

Options
12346»

Replies

• auctoritas
    Options
    One of my first days in Japan, the higher-ups decided to have a laugh and ordered some horse for us at a local restaurant. It's really tasty raw. I'd skip the entrails though, too chewy. :)

Oh I stayed in Japan for a month and a half last year, and while in a hostel in Asakusa I met an Aussie. We went to this little hole in the wall restaurant he'd found, and we saw raw horse meat on the menu. After some joking around we ordered a plate to split. I LOVED it. It was so good. Especially with a little soy sauce~

I've had horse burger in France, but I think horse tartar is the way to go. *nodnod*
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I would eat horse, more protein, less fat, more omega 3 fatty acids. Sounds good to me. I do eat buffalo and elk whenever I can get it. I have had antelope, javelina, deer, big horn sheep, bear, mountain lion and caribou. The javelina was terrible but the rest were great caribou is my favorite. I like most of the other large grazers so I think I would like horse.
  • grandmatbigsky
    Options
    I inadvertantly got ahold of some stew meat that was horse one time in the eighties. It actually was alright; a little stringy and tough, and a tad bit on the sweet side. Horses are good clean grazers, so the meat is fine; it's just such a weird notion to us Americans 'cause we think of them more as buddies, pets and movie stars, than as livestock raised as agriculture ... Hi-Ho Silver, Away???