X-Mas Gift Ideas: I'm a Guy in trouble...PLEASE HELP

Options
1235»

Replies

• sjcsviola85
    Options
    Please keep in mind that females are not interchangable, and have very different ideas about what would be a perfect gift...me for example would hate diamonds, as I don't wear jewerly and have absolutely no use for them...I would however love an imersion blender - but then, I'm a totally practical girl and don't like having stuff just for the sake of stuff! So here's my suggestion (take it or leave it) =)

Give her a day of your undivided attention - but it needs to be about HER! Using your list of her type and preferences, a suggestion would be:
    1 - gift certificate to a day spa ...drop her off, pick her up, then take her to lunch and maybe an art museum
    2 - gift card for her favorite store - make her breakfast, then take her shopping
    3 - tickets to ballet/theater - nice dinner to her restaurant of choice, then the show

Depending on finances, 1, 2 and 3 can be adjusted and combined for a full day that's totally about her :flowerforyou:

sounds like a brilliant idea .... :)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Well, I probably wouldn't be any help because I thought the portable DVD player for a 22 hour flight was very thoughtful.

me TOO!
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Write her a love letter.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like the diamond stud or the designer purse ideas. (I never take out my studs either)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've learned that anything with an electrical cord is not a good idea for any kind of gift for a women (learned the hard way from experience)

Haha
  • sal22408
    Options
    uhm. im pretty sure you can just put a nice big red bow on yourself and she'd be tickled pink :) ....but i like the thought of getting her tickets to see a musical too! ...and if its a very serious relationship, almost every girl would love to see that infamous blue box/bag from Tiffany's under the tree! It doesnt have to be diamonds!!
  • Expatgirl
    Expatgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Get her a CHARM BRACELET. Make sure you include 3 charms that have meaning /memories for the TWO of you. Then tell her (and follow through) that you look forward to get ting her new charms to add to the bracelet as you share more of your life together.

Smiles
  • sal22408
    Options
    Get her a CHARM BRACELET. Make sure you include 3 charms that have meaning /memories for the TWO of you. Then tell her (and follow through) that you look forward to get ting her new charms to add to the bracelet as you share more of your life together.

Smiles

awww!!! This is Perfect!!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Smiles

OP: You might want to throw out some feelers on this suggestion ... because if anything would make me look disappointed on Christmas morning, it would be receiving a charm bracelet.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Smiles

OP: You might want to throw out some feelers on this suggestion ... because if anything would make me look disappointed on Christmas morning, it would be receiving a charm bracelet.

I agree with misskortney, I wear bracelets so I would love that idea but I have a lot of girlfriends who would never wear it. Definitely put out some feelers on that idea.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but if you guys have been together for a while now, she will most likely drop little hints of her own...keep your ears open and she may give you an idea on her own!
  • sal22408
    Options

Smiles

*sighs* thats true. ...well can you ladies please tell MY man that id like Tiffanys, a charm bracelet, tickets to a musical, a love letter, a day at the spa, and ill even take that portable dvd player....Bawhahahaha!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Type: Girly Girl

Work: Nurse

Hobbies\interests:
    Kick Boxing
    Health/fitness
    Running
    Plays Piano
    Likes Art (paintings)
    Enjoys musicals and theater
    SCUBA
    Ex-Professional Dancer

Tickets to the theatre/musical

Jewelry is always nice - depending if she wears it. I have a box FULL of jewelry - my only daily staples are my wedding rings and earrings, so this depends on your girl. Jewelry no longer excites me as much as it used to.

My husband always gets me gifts I will use - last year was a new snowboard/boots and a new motorcycle helmet.

This year I'm sure I'm getting a gun - we took a shooting class together. That will be my favorite gift this year... soooooo try to figure out what she'll definitely use! Although it seems like you did that last year and it didnt work?