40 and older with 10lbs or less to lose

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!! Welcome to the new team members!!! :drinker: :drinker:
    My workout was walking on the treadmill today, incline intervals, for 30 minutes. I did not burn a lot of calories which is good since I am zig-zagging my calories and today I am only allowed 1301 cals. I already planned all my meals. :drinker:

Stiring, I totally agree with you about ads on tv and restaurant meals. It is amazing how many calories and amount of sodium some foods have!!!! One day I was tempted to share a piece of chocolate cake with my husband and Chili's but something was telling me not...so I didnt. When I came home I checked their website and the calorie content and I would have eaten more than 500 cals and that was just eating half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The old Annette would have had the entire dessert plus a heavy meal!!! :noway:

:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Oh, dont forget WEIGH IN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can also measure yourself instead...:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Where is everybody????? Did my last post scare you guys??? :laugh: :laugh: Well, I did weigh in this morning, 129.5lbs. I measured my waist, 28 inches, no changes since mid Jan with that. I think I have a stress fracture on the top of my right foot. I am dissapointed about that. I had already planned to workout extra hard until early Mar before my vacation. I am going to post a topic separate about that to ask for suggestions. Any of you have any ideas on how to heal fast? Happy Friday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Kids have mid-winter break so I've been sleeping in and loving it. This morning I'm at 138 my waist is still 29.5 but husband commented on seeing some muscles in my abs this morning so I'm feeling pretty happy.

Dinner out last night I was a really good girl. I selected the MahiMahi in tomato basil sauce (at a steakhouse) and was rewarded with one of the best fish meals I've ever received at a restaurant. I still have enough left for another meal today. Husband and kids feasted on red meat but I really feel like the gods were watching out for me.

Sorry to hear about the possible stress fracture. Let me say it may or may not be one. When I was training for my marathon last fall. I had a horrible pinch in the top of my foot. It was beyond painful and ever indication was stress fracture. I took a week off of running (this was 3 weeks till race) and I was fine when I returned so obviously it wasn't a fracture. Can you switch to low impact exercise for a week or so? Eleptical instead of treadmill or water running? You can also wrap the foot (I researched that on the internet when I was having my foot problem).

Happy Friday! Today I'm doing Power 90. I still haven't researched the zig zag but plan to look into it when family is back to school and work.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    My mirror said that I was looking good! I can really see a difference in the mirror, so I'm satisfied with that. I know I've been a good boy with my diet & exercise, so I'll stay on this course for a while. Maybe I will take measurements in a few weeks, but my pants are fitting much looser. Right now I'm really hungry for a bagel.

Have a great weekend!
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Morning! I weighed in at 130.7 this morning, and my waist is 27". I completed Day 3 yesterday with no crap food!

I have a dinner to go to tonight, so this will be a test for me. I have a feeling I will gain weight tomorrow just based on sodium alone. I'm going to try to drink as much water as I can today to see if that helps.

I'm actually doing Cathe Friedrich's new STS system for my workouts these days. For those who don't know, it's similar to P90X in terms of how the weight lifting portions of the program are established. It is set up as either a three month system or a six month system. I've opted for the six month system, and am on week two (out of eight) of the first part which is focused on muscle endurance. Today I get to workout my legs for an hour (and my abs for about 20 minutes). I'm one of those people who actually likes to do aerobics most everyday, even on days when I'm lifting weights. But with this system I'm really trying to focus on just doing weight lifting on the days that I'm supposed to be doing weight lifting so am only doing aerobics three days a week right now. The one benefit I can see from that right now is that I actually have alot more energy for my aerobics when doing them just every other day. It's obviously too early to see any results from this program, but I'm enjoying it so far.

alf, I'm so sorry to hear about your foot. With all of my injuries, that is NOT one I've experienced (knock on wood). I would suggest, at the very least, that you rest it for a few days. Hope it feels better soon!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Great to hear from some of you and that you are feeling fabulous!!! I too feel great except for my foot :cry: I am going to have to take it easy because if I don't it will only get worse...I've learned my lesson in the past. Thank you for your suggestions. I think I will still do weight training, no lunges or anything that puts too much pressure on my feet. I will also be doing the stationary bike and if I can get to the gym I will do the elliptical. So no more running and shred for a few days...:brokenheart:

StiringWendel and Duffy, we are in about the same range. How tall are you? I am 5'5"...SW and Singfree, show yourselves!!! :laugh: I need to upload some new pictures.

I ate cottage cheese today for the first time, just now, midmorning snack. I found this little pk that had cottage cheese and a little pineapple on the side. I loved it!!!! I too have not had "crap" in a few days.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I'll post a pic shortly...
  • sam340
    sam340 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese is crap? NO say it isn't so! Seriously, it's on the perimeter of the store I shop at so I thought it was ok. How about cheese? I guess that's crap too?
  • ontheedge50
    ontheedge50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone......Nothing new to report on my weigh in. Oh well.....Maybe next week.:indifferent:
    I've really bumped up my work out to burn around 600 on my cardio days. I feel good!
    Do you notice when you dine out that you are way puffy later on and the next day too. That's gotta be all the sodium, right?
    Keep on keeping on. :ohwell:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh in today - I will tomorrow.

I have been having a rough couple of weeks, just can't seem to get myself back on track! I am not expecting any weight lost this past week, in fact - I'd not be surprised if it rises again (Family dinner with not-so-healthy meal planned for tonight, and cake for dessert to boot ) I am ready to move my ticker needle backwards if necessary :ohwell:
  • alf1163
    Options
    cottage cheese is crap? NO say it isn't so! Seriously, it's on the perimeter of the store I shop at so I thought it was ok. How about cheese? I guess that's crap too?

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not what I meant!!!! I did not mean to state that I had not had "crap" in a few days in the same paragraph I talked about the cottage cheese :laugh: :laugh: I ate cottage cheese for the first time today and I liked it. It was low fat though. I've read that it is good as long as it is reduced fat like any other dairy product. I like the idea of mixing it up with fruit, it tasted really good.

Wolfena and the others: HANG IN THERE BUT KEEP TRYING!!!! Don't give in too easily!!! Yes, when I eat out, especially if I don't watch myself I am usually very thirsty and feel bloated!! :noway: I drink a lot of water and that takes care of it!! :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    OK - ticker changed, weight changed.... I am up 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I know exactly why - it's not a mystery to me :cry:
    I didn't record my weigh in last week because I didn't like the higher number and was hoping it had been due to the fact that it was the week before TOM. (but apparently I was wrong!)

Starting today I shall put forth MORE effort!!
  • duffyzmom
    Options

StiringWendel and Duffy, we are in about the same range. How tall are you? I am 5'5"...SW and Singfree, show yourselves!!! :laugh: I need to upload some new pictures.

We are definitely about the same range. I like to say I'm 5 '5 1/2" but as I age I'm probably closer to 5'5" That is why I was questioning my goal weight. I set it at 135 but am now considering 128 and making 135 my oh no weight. I had my oh no weight set at 140 in the past but that only works if you are actually weighing yourself:laugh: I guess that is how I ended up at 150.:blushing:

Friday night I was not a good girl. Like you Alf - I like a drink every now and again. Maybe we could challenge each other to a limited number per week or just on weekend? I had to Vodka tonics and am trying to remind myself that at least I used diet tonic so they were less than 90 calories a piece but still I should not be wasting calories on alcohol. Oh well my husband and I had a nice evening watching the Sex in the City movie and relaxing so I guess I should just focus on the that and not the calories wasted. I'm going to count Friday as my crap day since I also had a soft pretzel at the movie (Slumdog a must see!!!!) Don't you love mid-winter break movies and fun for everyone! Although our family of 4 saw 3 different movies and everyone was happy.
  • ontheedge50
    ontheedge50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OK - ticker changed, weight changed.... I am up 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I know exactly why - it's not a mystery to me :cry:
    I didn't record my weigh in last week because I didn't like the higher number and was hoping it had been due to the fact that it was the week before TOM. (but apparently I was wrong!)

Starting today I shall put forth MORE effort!!

Yep....Forget about yesterday and last week. Just get back on your program cause today is going to be better.
    :wink: Hang in there!
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Wolfena!! I know I'm really struggling with motivation right now. I'm really happy about what I'm doing when I step on the scale, when I try on some of my clothes, and when I actually think about the fact that I'm doing something good for myself. But boy do I struggle with things like....last night.

My husband and I had a catered event to go to, so I knew exactly what was going to be served (down to the chocolate fudge cake). And I knew there was wine of the table. And all day yesterday, I just kept thinking 'Everybody else at the table will be eating cake and drinking wine except me! Wah!' Yes, I'm good at throwing myself a pity party. :tongue:

So we get to the dinner, and I'm seated next to a gentleman I've never met. We had a great conversation, and he must have noticed my eating habits during dinner. I ate the salad with vinaigrette dressing (after this gentleman had first tried to give me ranch). I ate the vegetables of the main dinner first, and then ate some of the chicken (but avoided the gravy-covered beef and mashed potatoes sitting on the same plate). And then the dessert came and was presented by the waiter with 'I hope you like chocolate.' Boy, he has no idea. :bigsmile: But I picked up the plate....and set it aside. And this gentleman and my husband started remarking about that with my husband jokingly saying that he would probably end up eating my cake since I wouldn't. And this gentleman remarked 'Well, it's obvious she's doing what the rest of us SHOULD be doing'.

I didn't really say anything to the gentleman about that comment....but it made my night. I no longer felt like a victim of my own diet, which was a good feeling. Today, I have no doubts I'll struggle through many moments, but this guy was right. This is what I SHOULD be doing because ti really is the right thing. So.......

And after all that, I made it through yesterday without crap! And I lost .7lbs yesterday, bringing my weight down to a solid 130.0. I can't believe I'm poised on the edge of the 120s again after three long years of serious injuries and long moves and such! Finally!

alf and duzzy, I'm 5'2". My goal weight is 120, which I know is as low as I can possibly go before I have to start taking off muscle. Where I ultimately end up in this next stage of weight loss I think will be determined as much by my body measurements as my actual weight. If I end up at 125 with the measurements I want, then I might be happy to settle at 125. I'll just have to seen when I get there.

No workout for me today. :happy:
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    Friday night -- yes I had red wine but was visiting an long time friend I had not seen for a while - so good excuse :smile: - and I was still in my limits - so no wine tonight and back on track. I am not a sweets person but salty goodies and wine are my temptations. I had a good workout this morning so overall feeling pretty positive
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Friday night -- yes I had red wine but was visiting an long time friend I had not seen for a while - so good excuse :smile: - and I was still in my limits - so no wine tonight and back on track. I am not a sweets person but salty goodies and wine are my temptations. I had a good workout this morning so overall feeling pretty positive

Hoamai: Because of all the heart benefits from red wine, I include that in my eating right strategy. I just make sure I'm within my calories for the day and try try try to keep it to one glass (even if it is a generous poor:wink: )
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    sounds like a good philosophy - :drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    WTG everyone for making good choices!!!! Wolfena, good for you for admitting that you know why you are up...that is moving in the right direction. Duffy, I also have that oh no weight limit. It is now between 130-135 and my goal is 125 to be on the safe side. I used to be 5'6" :cry: I've shrunk...I want to make an appt to get a bone density test and see how I am doing...there is nothing wrong with having a drink here and there especially if you fit it within your calorie limit, same with a yummy dessert. The most important thing here is moderation not deprivation...As some of you know I started zig-zagging this week to see how that works for me and today is my highest day. I can enjoy 1,952 calories today!! :laugh: I worked out, shred video, levels 3, 1 and 2, in that order, but I did not do any jumping. My foot has not hurt at all today. So I am happy about that...I am going out tonight, girls night out, but I am the designated driver so no drinking for me and lots of dancing!!!! Take care!! :flowerforyou: