Anyone Pregnant?

Options
I thought I'd start a thread to see who we have on here that's pregnant. I am about 11 weeks along with my first baby and super excited! EDD is September 8th. I know that I could use lots of advice and motivation as this is the first time I am going through this. So...I thought I'd see if I could start a group with the preggos on this site! I want to keep healthy throughout this pregnancy and really could use some extra motivation, so anyone...please feel free to join me!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd start a thread to see who we have on here that's pregnant. I am about 11 weeks along with my first baby and super excited! EDD is September 8th. I know that I could use lots of advice and motivation as this is the first time I am going through this. So...I thought I'd see if I could start a group with the preggos on this site! I want to keep healthy throughout this pregnancy and really could use some extra motivation, so anyone...please feel free to join me!:flowerforyou:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My sister is pregnant also, and she is on a website for pregnancy called babyfit. Congratulations.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Me! Me! Me!:happy:

I'm about 6 weeks along. This is our 3rd blessing. I'm going through the all day sickness right now. I cannot eat anything! All I've had to eat today is:

breakfast:
    half a bagel, some hot chocolate (which I threw up about half of)

Lunch:
    nothing

Snack (3ish): applesauce

Snack (5ish): half an english muffin

Tami is preggiez too!
    She is right behind you:bigsmile:

Please Please Please.. DO NOT think that you have to eat for two. You do have to increase your calorie consumption.

According to babyfit.com, I should be consuming 1970 - 2270 cals a day.
    Light workouts is great!

if you haven't already, go to babyfit.com and check out all the great info. It's just like MFP but for pregnant women. I've been a member since 2001 and love it. I gained only about 23 pounds with my 2nd pregnancy.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! :happy:

I am 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant. :tongue:

With a due date of September 11th. BUT, since it will be another c-section (my Doc already "suggested" it based on my previous c-section and the fact I didn't get past 3 cm dilated after 12 hours of being induced). I was expecting it!! :wink:

SO, the baby will probably be delivered on Sept 4th.

And I am SO with you on staying healthy! My nausea has started to go away and my appetite is picking up, so this will keep me on track!! :drinker: <---non-alcoholic of course!! :bigsmile:

Great idea to start this "group". Just because you get pregnant doesn't mean you don't want to stay in control and as healthy as possible.
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    I hope I'm not pregnant!

But congrats to all you lovely ladies. I hope you all gain weight in a healthy way and continue to stay active :)
  • TamTastic
    Options

I'm about 6 weeks along. This is our 3rd blessing. I'm going through the all day sickness right now. I cannot eat anything! All I've had to eat today is:

breakfast:

Lunch:
    nothing

Tami is preggiez too!

Please Please Please.. DO NOT think that you have to eat for two. You do have to increase your calorie consumption.

Light workouts is great!

if you haven't already, go to babyfit.com and check out all the great info. It's just like MFP but for pregnant women. I've been a member since 2001 and love it. I gained only about 23 pounds with my 2nd pregnancy.
    I have heard that you don't have to eat for two either, especially in the first trimester. In the 2nd and 3rd maybe an extra 200-300 cals....but that can be done with fruit and yogurt not donuts!! :tongue:

I've just been eating to maintain right now.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all you pregnant women. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JasiBella
    Options

breakfast:

Lunch:
    nothing

Tami is preggiez too!

Light workouts is great!

I have heard that you don't have to eat for two either, especially in the first trimester. In the 2nd and 3rd maybe an extra 200-300 cals....but that can be done with fruit and yogurt not donuts!! :tongue:

I've just been eating to maintain right now.
    When I was pregnant with Sara, I ate what I wanted but in moderation. if I wanted a donut, I had one!:wink: I'm not big on yogurt. So I will basically do what I've been doing all along.:bigsmile:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    congrats.

Im not prego however I have had 2 kids of my own and I work for a Perinatologist (Maternal-fetal medicine/high risk pregnancies)

Anyway remember your not eating for 2 you only need to increase your calories by 300 calories (if your prego with 1 child)- and depending where you BMI is I could tell you how much weight you should gain throughout the entire pregnancy.
  • JasiBella
    Options
    Congratulations to all you pregnant women. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • JasiBella
    Options
    I hope I'm not pregnant!

But congrats to all you lovely ladies. I hope you all gain weight in a healthy way and continue to stay active :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thank you!! :happy:
  • JasiBella
    Options
    congrats.

Im not prego however I have had 2 kids of my own and I work for a Perinatologist (Maternal-fetal medicine/high risk pregnancies)

Anyway remember your not eating for 2 you only need to increase your calories by 300 calories (if your prego with 1 child)- and depending where you BMI is I could tell you how much weight you should gain throughout the entire pregnancy.
    I learned that the hard way with my 1st pregnancy. I gained 70+ pounds:noway:
    Great 2nd pregnancy and this one will be just as great.

Thanks for the tips:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    congrats.

Thanks!! :happy:

I haven't gained so far. I am sure that will change in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I do eat and I eat well and very nutritious foods.

My BMI is 22.5, what say you Obi Wan??? :laugh: :laugh:
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    congrats ladies. I have an almost 5 month old and it feels like yesterday that I was pregnant! :heart: Time sure went by fast and I had a great pregnancy (until the very end when I found out she was breech and had to have an EVC :sad:). I only gained about 25 pounds and I have another 2 pounds to go until my baby weight is gone! Enjoy this very special time in your lives as before you know it, that little one will be in your arms already :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Oh, and I was told today that I was still "tiny" even at over 10 weeks! (this is my 2nd so you usually show faster).

WOOO!!:drinker: :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats on everyones pregnancies.
  • JasiBella
    Options
    Oh, and I was told today that I was still "tiny" even at over 10 weeks! (this is my 2nd so you usually show faster).

WOOO!!:drinker: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I show VERY fast so my little pouch is starting to show and I :heart: :heart: it!
  • JasiBella
    Options
    congrats on everyones pregnancies.
  • JasiBella
    Options
    congrats ladies. I have an almost 5 month old and it feels like yesterday that I was pregnant! :heart: Time sure went by fast and I had a great pregnancy (until the very end when I found out she was breech and had to have an EVC :sad:). I only gained about 25 pounds and I have another 2 pounds to go until my baby weight is gone! Enjoy this very special time in your lives as before you know it, that little one will be in your arms already :wink:
    Thank you!
    My youngest just turned 3 in December. The time sure does fly:ohwell: