Are you a hugger?

Options

Replies

• rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm Honestly A Hugger unless I know you do not liked to be hugged. I respect other people as well.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love hugs. I love to be touched LOL.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    massive hugger! I will hug pretty much anyone ... as long as you're not a creeper. I don't go out of my way to hug people who I've just met, but if someone who isn't a freak comes at me with a hug, I'm all about it.
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In a work situation nope, but with friends definitely - there's a lot of love in a hug, why waste it :-)
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a very touchy-feely family. If we don't kiss and hug when we see each other then you better be sick. BUT, it depends on the person. My three closes female friends are not touchy-feely at all, so I give them their distance.
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I don't mind hugging.....BUT what I really love doing is hugging my friends that don't like being hugged....or just even touch them...or maybe I'm just a playful instigator...hehe
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am not a hugger lol. I give awkward stiff hugs at best. I don't like being close to people (excluding my husband and daughter) lol.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Definitely a hugger but in the right setting and in the right moment. Some times and people are not appropriate for hugging. You can definitely pick out a person that will not be receptive to a hug.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm not a hugger, I'll avoid whenever I can do so politely, I have a personal space and prefer letting people into it by invitation only, but I've been that way since a young age. Nothing worse for me then somebody I don't even know or have only been half introduced to going for a hug, makes me very uncomfortable as I am then torn between doge reflex and grin and bare it.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    With friends and family yes. Strangers and adequateness, no.

^^^^ this all the way
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think it should be fair to note that there are many different types of "hugger" out there. I submit the following:

Tree Hugger:
    women,girl,hug,kiss,nature,tree-b872b00e125967fa8effd6d9f5fe7c55_h.jpg

Cactus Hugger (apparently):
    2074781207_48f5ebe00d.jpg
    cactus hugger by Ambrosia_apples, on Flickr

Face Hugger:
    facehugger.jpg

Hip Hugger jeans:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsfkwGIrUdYhJJxRYitvbMdaTIGjBEBmonxz3jZy_dvVS6G15F5BUzgBs3
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a very touchy-feely family. If we don't kiss and hug when we see each other then you better be sick. BUT, it depends on the person. My three closes female friends are not touchy-feely at all, so I give them their distance.

HELL YA!!! Growing up you better be dying if you don't walk into a room and hug EVERYONE :o lol I would stereotype Latinos but not all of us are huggers but MOST Hispanics are huggers and kissers. Maybe that's why we are called Latin Lovers :o lol As I'm getting older I'm TRYING to respect other people's space but not very successful at times. BUT STILL TRYING! :)

Great example: My oldest child graduated from HS Wooo HOOOO!!!!! So we got there super early and I saved seats for my ex and his wife who had my baby boy w/them. I loved and kissed on my baby (who is 15 years old :o lol) And had to hold myself back from hugging her too. (There's a history bc I use to hug her every time I saw her but she felt weird. My baby boy explained that it could be that I was the ex wife and she was the mistress???? The way I see it if I don't care why should you :o lol I'm happily married and you have him now soooo IF I'm cool then...) Sorry I talk a lot :o lol
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    depends on my mood when it comes to people. Most people i wouldn't hug with someone else's arms let alone my own. so that answer is generally no i am not.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Absolutely NOT!

Hugging is fine for people I rarely see. Fine for my family. I'm not comfortable hugging my ex-wife (and she loves to hug), my daughters friends (I'm the "team dad"), my ex in-laws, people who just want to hug or guys. Now, with guy friends that I haven't seen in a while...we'll do a hand-shake tap back hug. It's rather comical actually.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hate hugs
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm notoriously non-huggerish, but I'm getting better. :)
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    damn now I want a hug and there's no one here. Going to get my teddy.
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm a big hugger
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    YES SNUGGLES!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm a hugger and a kisser (cheeks only of course) :wink: