Are you a hugger?

Options

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a weird subject for me because I used to be a hugger, and then something changed and I guess I became more aware of other people's personal spaces or something... I'm not adverse to hugging by any means, I guess I'm just not typically in a warm, hug-friendly environment.

meeee tooooo. I feel kind of sad about it, because I used to be such a touchy huggy person........but not anymore......and nothing I can specifically blame it on........ well that is not true......it happened after the loss of my daughter. I had so many people tell me not to cry, be sad, etc. that I just found it easier to survive in this world by not feeling at all. Now that IS sad. I also used to be so much more open with my thoughts and feelings.......but nope.....pretty closed down in every way these days..........:ohwell:
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I´m a hugger . It has changed with the years, ones I would never hug people I had know for a short time but now I don´t see anything wrong with that
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    If i know and like you... bring it in for the real thing.
    If not, better not touch me, ill f-ing cut you!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    funny, I was just thinking about posting this question!

I give hugs, but apparently I have met a bunch of hug haters...so sometimes there is that weird awkward moment of "ok, see you around!"

Guys ALWAYS want a hug from me...ALWAYS. (not complaining, and don't really mind...but I just don't get it, they get demanding too! :laugh: )
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    If i know and like you... bring it in for the real thing.
    If not, better not touch me, ill f-ing cut you!

:laugh: Love the way you said that. Nicely put.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love hugs.

But just with family and close friends. Anyone else, I'm wary.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    A hugger with family and friends, otherwise a handshake or a nod will do fine lol!
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love hugs :flowerforyou:
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm from the south, South Carolina, and I'm a hugger.
  • wannadance
    wannadance Posts: 59
    Options
    I am a polite hugger. Since I think that hugging is very personal and a sign of affection, I always ask first. "You need a hug?" "Can I give you a hug?" I prefer to be asked before someone starts hugging me and don't like to be hugged by new acquaintances, but old friends are open season as far as I am concerned.

I LOVE hugs :) I do however respect that others may not, so I too tend to remain very aware of people's personal space - if someone (friend / family / acquaintance) leans in etc for a hug, I will hug them openly and properly otherwise i will offer ("do you want a hug?") before actually giving one... I personally don't like it when 'unwanted / unliked' people try for a hug, so I don't want to impose that feeling on others.
  • Geniepear
    Geniepear Posts: 3
    Options
    Both. If it family or close friends I hug. Other people who I barely know or don't know I wouldn't.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i love hugging :-)
  • MissSookie70
    Options
    I love long, strong hugs.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    please stop touching me
    :huh:

except my man :blushing: :smooched: :heart: :love:
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY a hugger here!! But I do try to respect those who arent so normally if I dont know them I wont hug them until I get to know them better :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I am such a hugger! Usually reserved for the ones I love so my family, my friends, and (if I had the opportunity) all of my MFP friends :)
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love hugs! As long as I know and like you!
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    I don't know how to give hugs.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    I'm a hugger for sure...
    Unless the guy is a creeper!
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    It totally depends on who it is. I grew up in a typical repressed white suburban household. Typically I either don't hug or quickly and lightly hug other close/dear white repressed folk.

My ethnic friends, however, are a totally different story. Some of my brown friends (either Latin or Arabic) are more open with it and I am into it... because I like hugs but am not good at knowing when/how, etc. Still in training. :)

On the other hand, my Persian friends are much different. They are more touchy feely and their family members have an approach that is more assumption-based if that makes sense. What I mean is that they have an understanding of your relationship and status with your friend (their family member) and automatically treat you accordingly regardless of whether they have met you yet or not. I love it. It is lopsided though, there is minor hello activity, but always over the top good-bye activity, which if you think about it is most important in case you never see them again. Leaving to get on the plane you get a big bear hug for 5+ seconds, a kiss on the neck, and a 'love you'. THAT is the true definition of a real man, and one who is confident in his sexuality.

I wish more white folk were more like that, naturally.